BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

• 2 weeks later...
On 04/07/2022 at 22:23, Mike E said:

One of the funniest stories I've heard in a LONG time (albeit it's actually a golden oldie):

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMNAM6At1/?k=1

It certainly is a golden oldie, Mike. I have the record (vinyl) of Gerard Hoffnung addressing the Oxford Union sometime in the 1950s where his version of "The Bricklayer" was hilarious. He also tells an equally hilarious story about written replies to queries about holiday accommodation from Tyrolean landlords. e.g. "There is a French widow in every bedroom affording delightful prospects".

• 4 weeks later...
On 14/07/2022 at 21:16, bazza said:

It certainly is a golden oldie, Mike. I have the record (vinyl) of Gerard Hoffnung addressing the Oxford Union sometime in the 1950s where his version of "The Bricklayer" was hilarious. He also tells an equally hilarious story about written replies to queries about holiday accommodation from Tyrolean landlords. e.g. "There is a French widow in every bedroom affording delightful prospects".

There was an episode of Mythbusters where they tested the veracity of the tale (first fourteen minutes or so)

Edited by Dreyski
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Went for dinner at my parents the other day and my 7 year old niece piped up and said "can I tell a joke" so we all prepped ourselves for a terrible joke, fake laugh etc etc. 

Anyway it had us in absolute stitches coming from a 7 year old.

Why do pumps smell? 

For the benefit of the deaf 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RoverDom said:

Went for dinner at my parents the other day and my 7 year old niece piped up and said "can I tell a joke" so we all prepped ourselves for a terrible joke, fake laugh etc etc. 

Why do pumps smell? 

Wooooo wait a minute, she/he/him/her can't say that!

Cancelled. 

• Backroom
On 06/07/2023 at 10:05, RoverDom said:

Why do pumps smell? 

That is fucking funny 😆 

On 06/07/2023 at 10:05, RoverDom said:

Why do pumps smell? 

I remember a non pc version of that 😞

• 2 weeks later...