BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Fans Forum / Roverstore

3 minutes ago, ABBEY said:

Spat me coffee out ...only chaddy could positive spin this 3 days out . 

Moments like that are why I comeback.... don't change Chad  hahaha

no positive spin but its a low key game and some fans will have little interest in it. If we had been playing PL team then it might have more interest from fans early

Easy enough to compare. We played Birmingham in the cup last January, disclaimer - it was the fourth round but there isn’t usually much difference for non-glamour ties between the 3rd and 4th round.

There were just under 10k home fans there (9,910), this will probably see under 4k home fans.

Another complete shambles overseen by this ridiculous commercial operation.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Hasta said:

that’s the whole point. You won’t. You can’t.

I will be able to buy a ticket on the day. That's my point. There is no rush to buy. Plus aren't Rovers announcing something tomorrow regarding the game. Probably tickets will be able to collect from ticket office on the day. 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Probably tickets will be able to collect from ticket office on the day. 

Which would be a PR nightmare. To u-turn so close to the game would be a real sign of a lack of understanding. They’re so deep in now, it’s best to continue. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, J*B said:

Which would be a PR nightmare. To u-turn so close to the game would be a real sign of a lack of understanding. They’re so deep in now, it’s best to continue. 

It can't be any more of a PR nightmare than it is now. At least by doing a U-turn they can demonstrate that they have listened and more importantly allow as many fans to go as possible.

30 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

no positive spin but its a low key game and some fans will have little interest in it. If we had been playing PL team then it might have more interest from fans early

Fa cup 3rd round ain't low key it's most traditional event in footy

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Think you’re right on that one - certainly David May’s won’t be, they’ll be focusing on all those fantastic Man Utd games he… didn’t play in.

No coincidence it’s Andy cole, David may and Keith Gillespie . All united players. Keith can talk about the class of 92 why them two bang on about the treble in a room full of plastic wankers

This and the Liverpool one is fucking pathetic on every level

Embarrising.

Edited by Oldgregg86
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I will be able to buy a ticket on the day. That's my point. There is no rush to buy. 

I didn’t say buy a ticket on the day digitally.

I said people who go to the ticket office and buy or collect tickets on the matchday would be excluded.  That was the point I made. You then said you would get a ticket on the day and that you would “quite possibly” buy it from the ticket office or collect it. Currently you won’t as it’s not possible.

If they do make a u-turn tomorrow then they’re even dumber than we thought, as all evening they’ve had it as their lead story indicating there are no ‘walk-up’ sales.

I worry people on this forum think Waggots doing his best, and that the digital day won't be successful because it's not a big game.

To add.

I have no clue why we need to constantly do fan takeovers, effectively doing Waggots job for free.

Furthermore, what the fuck is the point in this relationship with Waggot that got signed the other month? 

The club's getting worse and worse, where's the pressure to improve the club and push the relationship and get above him to the people who actually own Rovers? 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Miller11 said:

Update from meeting with Waggott tonight regarding the pictures and Liverpool Legends night…

Regarding the pictures dumped at the back of the Riverside:

It’s not acceptable, nothing should be getting dumped there and especially not pictures of Jack Walker. Thanks for bringing it to his attention and he will get it sorted right away. Things that are being thrown away should be in skips, but these could be put up around the concourses or used elsewhere. Asked me to forward him the pictures.

They are definitely from blues bar and were taken down several years ago (pre Covid) when the blues bar had a refurb as it was in need of one, it had got tired and a bit of a mess. It had a full refurb with new floor, seating booths, and obviously walls were decorated.

He found out about the Liverpool legends night via the Rovers media team (who had picked up on it yesterday or today). 

The booking of Rooms is done by Sodexo and a third party company has hired the space as many do every month. There is supposed to be a process where any sensitive/commercially conflicting bookings are flagged to the club. This hadn’t happened. He didn’t seem very happy that it was taking place and agreed with all the reasoning we gave that fans were angered by it. The use of Rovers name or IP in any of these externally booked events would be a breach. The entire matter is being looked at.

Why does the CEO need you to bring this sort of stuff to his attention to prompt him to do something about it? What is he doing all day?

• Like 2

I take he wasn’t asked about the removal of the JW Stand walkways timeline murals?

If not, can it be asked in your next session, or by the FF in theirs?

Maybe they can be salvaged out of that skip he mentioned if they weren’t just chucked in a Kidder Street back alley or somewhere.

Edited by Mattyblue

7 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

I take he wasn’t asked about the removal of the JW Stand walkways timeline murals?

If not, can it be asked in your next session, or by the FF in theirs?

Maybe they can be salvaged out of that skip he mentioned if they weren’t just chucked in a Kidder Street back alley or somewhere.

SW said sadly they had to be removed due to vandalism but in other news we are the first club in the world with new state of the art over soil  heating thanks to the wonderful roa family

steve is that a bonfire on the pitch 

SW no😳

Edited by Oldgregg86

Hmmm, can’t say I remember that being mentioned at the time. But ok I’ll take it at face value. So repair them then or replace with something new, don’t just yank them down and ‘ah well 🤷‍♂️

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

Hmmm, can’t say I remember that being mentioned at the time. But ok I’ll take it at face value. So repair them then or replace with something new, don’t just yank them down and ‘ah well 🤷‍♂️

I was being sarcastic

I can only assume the real reason for the removal was either:

A) an element of petulance - I distinctly remember that it was an Alan Myers initiative and perhaps someone doesn't want traces of his time around the place 

B) it was done on the cheap to start with and inevitably after a few years of wind and rain it deteriorated and it was easier to just get rid of it. Plastic bin liners over Darwen End seats would have gone the same way if we hadn't needed rid of them for the Leeds and Preston fans.

6 hours ago, RoversClitheroe said:

I worry people on this forum think Waggots doing his best, and that the digital day won't be successful because it's not a big game.

To add.

I have no clue why we need to constantly do fan takeovers, effectively doing Waggots job for free.

Furthermore, what the fuck is the point in this relationship with Waggot that got signed the other month? 

The club's getting worse and worse, where's the pressure to improve the club and push the relationship and get above him to the people who actually own Rovers? 

Work is taking place to get direct dialogue with the owners.  I cannot and will not say anymore.

• Like 1