BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Fans Forum / Roverstore

On 07/01/2024 at 20:25, roversfan99 said:

Substantial warchest declined, then kicked up a fuss when a week later Rothwell couldnt be sold to generate transfer funds. All nonsense to move blame away from the owners.

Not sure why people find this so hard to believe, had the boat been pushed out in an to secure promotion, then all of a sudden Mowbray is under much greater pressure to secure results and Waggott is under extra pressure to bring more revenue into the Club to balance the books should the attempt fail.

As opposed to bumbling on indefinitely on easy street in mid table with no pressure to obtain results etc.

Don't forget by his own admission Mowbray said he had to "calm the owners down" and dampen expectations after promotion from League 1.

Why would ANY manager want to do that?

Crying over spilt milk now, it appears that unless there's another seismic and unexpected shift in circumstances the chances of any success for the foreseeable  have gone. As many of us said at the time we should have gone for it when we had the chance.

• Like 1

He looked interested enough in promotion at Sunderland.

TM was always going to get another decent gig regardless, he has a good reputation in the game, so why would he not want to give it a go here when sitting pretty in January 2022?

It’s the owners that shafted us in his last season here, they’ve a habit for that kind of thing.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Not sure why people find this so hard to believe, had the boat been pushed out in an to secure promotion, then all of a sudden Mowbray is under much greater pressure to secure results and Waggott is under extra pressure to bring more revenue into the Club to balance the books should the attempt fail.

As opposed to bumbling on indefinitely on easy street in mid table with no pressure to obtain results etc.

Don't forget by his own admission Mowbray said he had to "calm the owners down" and dampen expectations after promotion from League 1.

Why would ANY manager want to do that?

Crying over spilt milk now, it appears that unless there's another seismic and unexpected shift in circumstances the chances of any success for the foreseeable  have gone. As many of us said at the time we should have gone for it when we had the chance.

Its just nonsensical deflection tactics. If he had achieved promotion he would have been in for a pay rise, it was in his best interests to get promoted. 

It shouldnt have been a case of "when we had the chance" anyway. What sort of ownership oversees a potential sole opportunity in over a decade to get promoted?

The idea of Mowbray being granted a warchest mid transfer window and declining it is blatant rubbish. Especially when he was so annoyed that he wasnt granted the autocracy to get a fee for Rothwell to bring some players in.

Do you hold any blame towards the owners for the current shit show this season, specifically off the pitch with the massive budget cuts and refusal to sign players of experience?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

Its just nonsensical deflection tactics. If he had achieved promotion he would have been in for a pay rise, it was in his best interests to get promoted. 

It shouldnt have been a case of "when we had the chance" anyway. What sort of ownership oversees a potential sole opportunity in over a decade to get promoted?

The idea of Mowbray being granted a warchest mid transfer window and declining it is blatant rubbish. Especially when he was so annoyed that he wasnt granted the autocracy to get a fee for Rothwell to bring some players in.

Do you hold any blame towards the owners for the current shit show this season, specifically off the pitch with the massive budget cuts and refusal to sign players of experience?

The last paragraph, you know I do, have said so repeatedly.

I note both you and Matty have both conveniently ignored that Mowbray by his own admission tried to downplay the owners expectations after promotion from League 1. 

If he did then more fool him, though I believe little that comes out anyone’s mouth at BRFC.

So he wanted us to fall away post January 2022, it was in his interests, was it? Even though getting this club promoted would be one of the achievements of his career and would lead to all kinds of benefits, both financially and future job prospects.

We are in this division because of these owners, the club is struggling to pay its tax bill because of these owners.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

If he did then more fool him, though I believe little that comes out anyone’s mouth at BRFC.

So he wanted us to fall away post January 2022, it was in his interests, was it? Even though getting this club promoted would be one of the achievements of his career and would lead to all kinds of benefits, both financially and future job prospects.

We are in this division because of these owners, the club is struggling to pay its tax bill because of these owners.

Really not sure what is so hard to understand about this. It's been the same for 13 years.

Never in my life have I heard of a manager refusing to spend money. Yet here we're to believe it happens regularly regardless of who the manager is.

2 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

The last paragraph, you know I do, have said so repeatedly.

I note both you and Matty have both conveniently ignored that Mowbray by his own admission tried to downplay the owners expectations after promotion from League 1. 

Im not convinced that hasnt been taken out of context. Its one thing trying to not be put under unrealistic expectations, the usual manager spiel, its a huge illogical jump to imply that he was turning down transfer funds. Which is clearly not true anyway seeing as he wanted Rothwell sold to generate some a week later.

But even so, especially considering he has been gone for nearly 2 years. Surely your sole focus then would be on those owners who have seemingly not had a shred of desire since in coming up to 6 years to get promotion. More often than not overseeing windows in which we either had to sell more than we could buy or at least nominal funds were left available for transfers. For some reason, that is never your focus. You dont say anything against the owners repeatedly at all, you occasionally take on replies to your post with a brief admission of guilt on their behalf before deflecting back to Mowbray/Waggott/Broughton etc.

It would have been in Mowbrays best interests to get promoted, he couldnt do it, he wasnt capable, but he clearly tried and fell short. Under these owners, any manager is up against the odds.

• Like 2

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2024/january/11/ticket-news--rovers-v-huddersfield-town/

So the reciprocal deal that Swag boasted he had done with Huddersfield wasn't exactly reciprocal. As a senior I paid £20 for the Boxing Day game but any senior from Huddersfield coming to Ewood next week will pay £16. I can't find the other categories apart from adult to compare with.

It appears to be another of his 'I am wonderful looking after our fans' moments.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, arbitro said:

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2024/january/11/ticket-news--rovers-v-huddersfield-town/

So the reciprocal deal that Swag boasted he had done with Huddersfield wasn't exactly reciprocal. As a senior I paid £20 for the Boxing Day game but any senior from Huddersfield coming to Ewood next week will pay £16. I can't find the other categories apart from adult to compare with.

It appears to be another of his 'I am wonderful looking after our fans' moments.

Further to my post above I now have the full pricing categories and apart from the adult one they are all different with the Huddersfield ones being more expensive. I have written to Waggott asking him to explain how this has happened.

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/23934491.blackburn-rovers-confirm-huddersfield-town-ticket-agreement/

IMG_20240112_112951.jpg

IMG_20240112_112941.jpg

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Further to my post above I now have the full pricing categories and apart from the adult one they are all different with the Huddersfield ones being more expensive. I have written to Waggott asking him to explain how this has happened.

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/23934491.blackburn-rovers-confirm-huddersfield-town-ticket-agreement/

IMG_20240112_112951.jpg

IMG_20240112_112941.jpg

The below is from the Telegraph article you’ve linked to - just another fuck up to add to the very long list of fuck ups…

IMG_1449.thumb.jpeg.e5ca36f3f4b948d940154f5a65f7106d.jpeg

Edited by wilsdenrover
  • Like 2

So are we now saying that Rovers aren't charging enough for tickets?

I would imagine that what the clubs did was agree that they would charge £20 for adults at both games.

I just had look at Huddersfield's website and for their next 4 home games they are charging £25 for adults, £20 for over 65s, £10 for under 11s and £15 for 12-18 year olds. They also have a cheaper offer of £15 for a small part of one of their stands.

I presume Rovers have just applied their typical £20 offer with standard reductions for concessions. This means that over 65s  Rovers fans paid £20 and Huddersfield over 65s will only pay £16. But on the other hand any walk-up Rovers fans will pay less for the home game than they would have for the away game. To be honest I really can't get worked up over this. Our deals are a lot better for concessions than Huddersfield's. Would we have wanted Rovers to charge young people what Huddersfield charge i.e. quite a bit more than normal?? How popular would that have been?

1 hour ago, only2garners said:

I would imagine that what the clubs did was agree that they would charge £20 for adults at both games.

I just had look at Huddersfield's website and for their next 4 home games they are charging £25 for adults, £20 for over 65s, £10 for under 11s and £15 for 12-18 year olds. They also have a cheaper offer of £15 for a small part of one of their stands.

I presume Rovers have just applied their typical £20 offer with standard reductions for concessions. This means that over 65s  Rovers fans paid £20 and Huddersfield over 65s will only pay £16. But on the other hand any walk-up Rovers fans will pay less for the home game than they would have for the away game. To be honest I really can't get worked up over this. Our deals are a lot better for concessions than Huddersfield's. Would we have wanted Rovers to charge young people what Huddersfield charge i.e. quite a bit more than normal?? How popular would that have been?

I paid £4 more for a ticket than Huddersfield fans will - how is that fair? I also paid £15 for a twelve year old when Huddersfield will be charged £7. If you think that is fair then that's up to you but when this has been sold as a reciprocal agreement then the differential is far too much in my view. 

Had the club said this upfront I could have accepted it but it was a Waggott boast that isn't quite true.

Edited by arbitro
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, arbitro said:

I paid £4 more for a ticket than Huddersfield fans will - how is that fair? 

It's not but I would rather pay £16 rather than £20 a week on Saturday. Sadly we can't trust anything Swag says.

14 minutes ago, Rogerb said:

It's not but I would rather pay £16 rather than £20 a week on Saturday. Sadly we can't trust anything Swag says.

That's exactly my point - ours should have been £16 for the game at Huddersfield and each category matched by both clubs. That is my interpretation of a reciprocal agreement.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Gav said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67899988

Reading fans invaded the pitch today after 20mins in protest against god awful owners, match abandoned. 

Direct action - I salute every one of you.

Venkys out!

Fans at their wits end and from the pictures I saw these weren't kids. There are far too many clubs who have been allowed to fester and rot through negligent owners, the majority of who are foreign and don't have any feelings for the club, it's traditions and fans. The blame for all of this lies with the FA, Premier League and EFL. Their Fit and Proper tests are not fit for purpose. Oh for the days of Bill Fox, Bill Bancroft and of course Jack Walker.

• Like 4

As a member of The Trust I’d like Steve Waggott to urgently, on the record, clarify:

1) The current situation RE the owners legal issues with the Indian Government

2) When is the latest the owners reasonably expect the issue to be resolved

3) Confirmation as to whether or not the budget reduction from the owners will be reallocated to the club once the issue is resolved

4) Whether or not given the restrictions he believes the owners would entertain discussions about the sale of the club

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Gav said:

Reading fans invaded the pitch today after 20mins in protest against god awful owners, match abandoned. 

Venkys out!

We couldn't manage that at the height of the Kean hysteria although some of us tried.

Fast fwd a few years and winning promotion there are thousands on the pitch away and at home.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, J*B said:

As a member of The Trust I’d like Steve Waggott to urgently, on the record, clarify:

3) Confirmation as to whether or not the budget reduction from the owners will be reallocated to the club once the issue is resolved

4) Whether or not given the restrictions he believes the owners would entertain discussions about the sale of the club

These will never be answered.

• Like 1

On 12/01/2024 at 16:51, only2garners said:

Not like you to try and brush off everything the Club does as acceptable.

1 hour ago, J*B said:

Spot on.

I doubt anyone from the FF will have the cajones to ask those questions but we will see I suppose in upcoming Forum minutes. in the unlikely event they are asked please don't 

The answer to Number 2 is the crucial one  and that will dictate the course of action the owners SHOULD be taking. but probably won't.

4 hours ago, Gav said:

Venkys out!

Absolutely first rate from the Reading fans there.

This should be happening at Ewood every single week but it won't.

Embarrassing when you see fans from other clubs protesting and taking action against the shit that run their clubs. Here you just have a bunch of happy clapping morons that won't have a bad word said about the scum that has infested our club for over 13 years.

Anybody that supports venkys does not in any way support Blackburn Rovers.

• Like 1