BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Fans Forum / Roverstore

… but even if there was an appetite for a Venky protest within the fanbase (there isn’t, ‘JDT Out!’ is another story), there will be hardly any Rovers fans at the Wrexham game anyway so it ain’t happening.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

… but even if there was an appetite for a Venky protest within the fanbase (there isn’t, ‘JDT Out!’ is another story), there will be hardly any Rovers fans at the Wrexham game anyway so it ain’t happening.

Would be good to do a anti board Venkys protest.

2 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Of course it would be good, but away from here most fans still think the club would be worse off without them - so how are you getting a protest off the ground?

I think the tide has turned. Seems to be a lot more “Venky’s Out” sentiments than “Venky’s are keeping us going” for the first time in years.

You reckon? I’d say there’s an odd rumbling again, largely from old school Venky-sceptics who’ve been quiet but are raising their head above the parapet again. But to me we are still miles away from where the wider fanbase was with them even in say 2017 (pre League 1 relegation) nevermind 2012. Certainly no turned tide from what I can see.

Case in point let’s see how many Venky chants we hear around the ground until the end of the season? I’d wager zero.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, MarkBRFC said:

Don't take anything only2garners has to say seriously, same bloke who said to waggott and Co at the FF that we should put match day tickets up by £3 a game instead of charging the old waggott tax of £3 after 12pm on match days that we used to do.

I'm flattered that you've gone back several years to make a point that people should ignore anything that I post, especially when you have misquoted the minute anyway.

4 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Of course it would be good, but away from here most fans still think the club would be worse off without them - so how are you getting a protest off the ground?

Depends what form the protests take. A small, organised group of fans can achieve quite a lot 

7 hours ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Wrexham will be the best game ever for a protest.

Media coverage etc etc.

Invade the pitch and get the game abandoned.

The one thing venkys don't want is attention. Get the spotlight shining on their filthy ugly faces.

• Like 1

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2024/january/17/lead-the-lads-out-against-wrexham-/

Rovers are asking for mascots for the Wrexham match for £150. The caveat is that they have to provide their own kit and can use any one of the three we have. On a related note I have been told that the players have been told not to swap or give away shirts because the club has run out. Perhaps D-Day Read should be looking into embarrassments like this rather than dreaming up schemes to alienate supporters.

Is this really what we have become?

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Mattyblue said:

Been like this for two seasons now. 

’Here’s £150 can my lad be the mascot?

’Has he got the kit?’

’No there aren’t any’

’No then’

Things are starting to add up a bit now though - If we're at the point of literally counting every penny going out, I bet the reason for this may very well be down to the fact that we haven't got the working capital to purchase the stock in the first place!

Very very dark times when we haven't got a couple of grand somewhere for more stock in the shop. It wouldn't surprise me if the reason for all the 'tat' in there is that they buy for pennies to make the shop look full or anything half decent is either on sale or return or paid in instalments.  Macron probably want the cash up-front which explains the limited range of Macron stuff on offer compared with other clubs.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, windymiller7 said:

Things are starting to add up a bit now though - If we're at the point of literally counting every penny going out, I bet the reason for this may very well be down to the fact that we haven't got the working capital to purchase the stock in the first place!

Very very dark times when we haven't got a couple of grand somewhere for more stock in the shop. It wouldn't surprise me if the reason for all the 'tat' in there is that they buy for pennies to make the shop look full or anything half decent is either on sale or return or paid in instalments.  Macron probably want the cash up-front which explains the limited range of Macron stuff on offer compared with other clubs.

That's my wife banned from putting my shirts on washing line

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, arbitro said:

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2024/january/17/lead-the-lads-out-against-wrexham-/

Rovers are asking for mascots for the Wrexham match for £150. The caveat is that they have to provide their own kit and can use any one of the three we have. On a related note I have been told that the players have been told not to swap or give away shirts because the club has run out. Perhaps D-Day Read should be looking into embarrassments like this rather than dreaming up schemes to alienate supporters.

Is this really what we have become?

I've heard the same. The players have to pay a 'fine' if they give their shirts away at the end of a game.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, JHRover said:

We've more in common with Oyston's Blackpool and the old Accy Stanley than people realise. Thanks Venkys!

That's a wild exaggeration. Stanley went bust in the 1960's because of a stand development that cost too much. I can't see any comparison between the Rao's and the Oyston's.

50 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

That's a wild exaggeration. Stanley went bust in the 1960's because of a stand development that cost too much. I can't see any comparison between the Rao's and the Oyston's.

Hand to mouth existence

Reliant on cheap loans

No money for transfers

Players not allowed to give their shirts away due to cost / limited supply

Crumbling stadium

No investment in facilities

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Hand to mouth existence

Reliant on cheap loans

No money for transfers

Players not allowed to give their shirts away due to cost / limited supply

Crumbling stadium

No investment in facilities

I think you should look at the legal case involving the Oystons to see the difference between them and the Raos.