BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Fans Forum / Roverstore

On 20/01/2024 at 07:38, MarkBRFC said:

Season tickets are a tough enough sell anyway for next season with the new TV deal kicking in and 5 championship games moving for TV every weekend. 

Add in the price, which let's be honest isn't going down, the terrible home record, venkys nonsense, a good portion of fans getting sick of JDT etc etc and we could be looking at less than 7k again.

Rovers need to lower prices for next season. I would recommend ST prices for Riverside of £200, BBE and LJW for £250, JWU for £300. ST's for under 12 a pound for the season. Match day prices weekend games £15 for Riverside, BBE, JWL and JWU of £20. Midweek game £10 for Riverside, BBE, JWL and JWU of £15. 

It should be about operation fill Ewood Park and get it afford for everyone and fans on seats. 

Hopefully the Fans Forum and We are Rovers groups can put their ideas over to get ST and match day prices lower and affordable for everyone 

On 20/01/2024 at 08:40, K-Hod said:

I’ve got a dilemma myself, next season. I start work at 6am during the week, so mid week matches basically aren’t gonna happen, I’m getting next to no enjoyment out of it either.

Only time in my life I’ve not had a season ticket was the season under Coyle….

Understandable about the work pattern. I have to go to work straight after the game and do a full shift. 

Do you get no enjoyment in any game? 

End of the day folk want to see wins. Our home form has been poor. As an example we haven’t won on a Saturday (so games most ST holders see, as plenty miss midweeks) since the 21st October - our next Ewood league game is in February.

Couple that with high prices, the general shambles around the club and you are staring down the barrel of a very poor summer of renewals.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

I think the club are looking at the lowest season ticket sales in a long time this summer.

Most around me and the few lads I go on with have been talking about just walking on next season to games we want to see rather than commiting to a season ticket. A combination of price and the poor performance on the pitch this season.

Most of us are also irritated by the club rowing back on the ambitions over summer and waggots interview post us all buying our season tickets. £400 to watch what is fast becoming a football academy side is far too much.

I've been here before though and if there was to be a big reduction in price plus a home winning streak for the rest of the season (however unlikley) I would probably change my tune.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, J*B said:

Which is remarkable really, because less than six months ago you thought the season ticket pricing was fair and reasonable and local people should be buying them up. 

As I keep saying the price is fine for myself. Its easy affordable.

But other people are struggling financially so making ST cheaper and more affordable for people like this. Also get more fans in the stadium is also my point. 

And of course ‘walking on’, ‘picking your games’ doesn’t actually happen most weeks as you’ll have no ST forcing your attendance, it’s why ST sales are so vital to keep fans in the tent.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 4

PNE and Bolton have proven it can be done, it works, it gets numbers up and they can function with lower losses than we have.

So perhaps our great and wonderful leader could explain a single good reason why we don't adopt the same policies as they do, slash prices early and TRY to get the ground filled up?

Apart from the reality, which is simply that word TRY which is too much to ask of him, effort and risk are in short supply so its much easier to rely on the default of maximum prices for what is a rapidly deteriorating product.

• Like 5

Look at the PNE accounts posted on here they had around 7.5k season ticket holders then they did the great discount and suddenly had 12.5k.

That's the only way to do it but the loons here who are just wage earners prefer an opposite approach of charge more, get less, reduce staff and matchday expenses.

I'm convinced this seasons whopping 20 quid early bird was through desperation to get a guaranteed cash injection from the hardcore because they already knew the financial situation.  Otherwise it would have been a freeze at best then another rise with the aim of fleecing a 10k regular ST, walk up attendees.

That will probably happen this summer whilst they use the financial situation to justify it.

• Like 2

I vaguely remember from the summer that at Preston 1 Adult season ticket entitled them to 2-3 free child/junior tickets so not sure how much that number is inflated and how often the free ones actually attend.

Either way its securing future fans of the club so would be all for something similar at rovers.

30 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

https://www.lep.co.uk/sport/football/preston-north-end/preston-north-end-confirm-season-card-prices-for-202324-season-and-when-they-will-go-on-sale-4118924

“While the cost of living continues to increase, we are keen to make football as accessible as possible for the family, and up to four free U11 season cards are once again available when purchased with an over 18 season card.”

33 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

PNE accounts now available for year ending 30/6/23…

Year ending 30/6/22

season tickets 7557

average crowd 12501

ticket revenue (season and match day)  £3,011,000

Year ending 30/6/23

season tickets 11981

average crowd 16,269

ticket revenue (season and match day) £3,853,000

I don’t know how much of the revenue came from cup matches but at first glance this would seem to support the theory that…

Cheaper tickets can = bigger crowds and more revenue.

Edited - not sure how I ended up quoting Mattyblue.

Edited by wilsdenrover
  • Like 5

12 minutes ago, wilsdenrover said:

PNE accounts now available for year ending 30/6/23…

Year ending 30/6/22

season tickets 7557

average crowd 12501

ticket revenue (season and match day)  £3,011,000

Year ending 30/6/23

season tickets 11981

average crowd 16,269

ticket revenue (season and match day) £3,853,000

I don’t know how much of the revenue came from cup matches but at first glance this would seem to support the theory that…

Cheaper tickets can = bigger crowds and more revenue.

Edited - not sure how I ended up quoting Mattyblue.

Good find. It's not a massive increase in revenue but crucially it isn't a loss either and the feel good factor from having 33% more fans in the stadium is immeasurable.

6 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Good find. It's not a massive increase in revenue but crucially it isn't a loss either and the feel good factor from having 33% more fans in the stadium is immeasurable.

"Immeasurable" to the extent that they rose from 13th the previous season to 12th last season.

Just now, Mashed Potatoes said:

"Immeasurable" to the extent that they rose from 13th the previous season to 12th last season.

As opposed to us who are falling from 7th to 17th or even lower?

Please explain why you think it's a bad thing to have more fans in the stadium.

2 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

As opposed to us who are falling from 7th to 17th or even lower?

Please explain why you think it's a bad thing to have more fans in the stadium.

I don't think it's a bad thing to have more fans in the stadium. But this idea that Preston provide some kind of template as to how to achieve a significant increase in revenues and performance on the field is a fantasy .

1 minute ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

I don't think it's a bad thing to have more fans in the stadium. But this idea that Preston provide some kind of template as to how to achieve a significant increase in revenues and performance on the field is a fantasy .

I didn't say that larger attendances automatically equated to success on the pitch but if you can get 33% more fans in without losing any net revenue then no-one can seriously suggest that's a bad thing.

Not for the first time you're trolling for the sake of it.

1 hour ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

How so? The reduced prices and increased revenue.

That's only taking into account the ticket revenue and not match day and merch etc.

1 hour ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

The issue at Rovers is rebuilding a diminishing fanbase, as it was at Preston and if you have to take a slight hit then so be it.

The wage bill and squad here keep getting cut to such an extent that it should be doable now. Lets be honest charging the 6th highest price for STs in this league whilst reducing the team to a development squad of kids is a bit out of order.

It's akin to chocolate bars going up in price yet reducing in size and quality ingredients.

Sooner or later it's taking the piss and customers turn their nose up.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ABBEY said:

Them quality street this year in paper wrappers were utter gash

First Christmas in history i didn't get any so haven't seen them.

3 tubs of bloody Heroes !

18 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I'd say even more significantly is the redundancy effect. Circumstances from ill health through to finance WILL mean that some people stop going. Having boosted attendance by 33% is only going to provide redundancy when this happens. Our approach is squeeze the 10k who go and ignore the moo.jng issues of what happens when they drop off for whatever reason.  We're the only club I know of who doesn't think it needs new fans even to stand still. 

• Like 2

The 'churn' as John Williams called it.

Unfortunately Swag has zero interest in the long term health of the fanbase. As long as he can hit his financial targets (and presumably bonuses) until he finally fecks off it matters not to him that said targets are being hit with only 8/9k sold. Indeed, he'll be happy about it, nice and stable and can keep expenses like matchday, ticketing, stewarding staff etc to a minimum. 'Why bother taking a risk in reducing prices? I'm off in a year or two.'

• 2 weeks later...