BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Fans Forum / Roverstore

Don't take anything only2garners has to say seriously, same bloke who said to waggott and Co at the FF that we should put match day tickets up by £3 a game instead of charging the old waggott tax of £3 after 12pm on match days that we used to do.

22 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Not like you to try and brush off everything the Club does as acceptable.

Edited by MarkBRFC

• Moderation Lead
10 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Spot on.

I doubt anyone from the FF will have the cajones to ask those questions but we will see I suppose in upcoming Forum minutes. in the unlikely event they are asked please don't 

The answer to Number 2 is the crucial one  and that will dictate the course of action the owners SHOULD be taking. but probably won't.

Actually, they absolutely would and most of these things were covered at the fans forum last Monday. 
As ever, the door is open for you to join the fans forum, if you feel like you can contribute more than the existing members.

Otherwise, this keyboard warrior act of slagging off the fans forum, while you do absolutely nothing yourself to bring about change, is getting very tiresome.

• Like 5

11 hours ago, tomphil said:

We couldn't manage that at the height of the Kean hysteria although some of us tried.

Fast fwd a few years and winning promotion there are thousands on the pitch away and at home.

I imagine the Reading owner was sat in the stand.

Remember Rovers fans on the pitch exactly like this, shouting FOX OUT in front of the Nuttall Street Srand.

Of course he was present and there was someone to hurl the frustration at.

Oh if we knew then what we know now.

Whilst our owners are completely absent, there is nowhere to direct such action.

It would have to be a televised game abandoned to create even a ripple of attention with these cun7s.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

Remember Rovers fans on the pitch exactly like this, shouting FOX OUT in front of the Nuttall Street Srand.

Whilst our owners are completely absent, there is nowhere to direct such action.

It would have to be a televised game abandoned to create even a ripple of attention with these cun7s.

Wrexham game is the one.

@K-Hod @Mike Graham

The following is the part of the FFP regulations regarding owners ‘covering’ losses.

Have you/could you ask SW whether the current restrictions in India allow or prevent them from meeting this clause?

My instinct is they can’t because the courts are only letting them fulfil contractual obligations whereas covering losses isn’t (as far as I know) something they must do.

Thanks 👍

IMG_1455.thumb.jpeg.876397793daea022c8c97a09fe6aea5a.jpeg

3 minutes ago, wilsdenrover said:

@K-Hod @Mike Graham

The following is the part of the FFP regulations regarding owners ‘covering’ losses.

Have you/could you ask SW whether the current restrictions in India allow or prevent them from meeting this clause?

My instinct is they can’t because the courts are only letting them fulfil contractual obligations whereas covering losses isn’t (as far as I know) something they must do.

Thanks 👍

IMG_1455.thumb.jpeg.876397793daea022c8c97a09fe6aea5a.jpeg

Venkys can never cover losses under FFP. It has to be covered by income (tv, tickets, commercial, player sales).

58 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

Very true and it was similar for Blackpool fans who had obvious local targets to vent at but here there is just a huge void.

The club has had no figurehead or anyone accountable for over a decade.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

Some would  say the Wrexham.game..

12 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Spot on.

I doubt anyone from the FF will have the cajones to ask those questions but we will see I suppose in upcoming Forum minutes. in the unlikely event they are asked please don't 

The answer to Number 2 is the crucial one  and that will dictate the course of action the owners SHOULD be taking. but probably won't.

How’s the QEGS delegation getting on Rev? Are we seeing any progress?

It’s easy to criticise from the comfort of the armchair, I’ve done it, but knowing one or two on the FF they’ll ask the questions when the time is right, it’s not about wading in on every subject or you lose credibility. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wilsdenrover said:

Under FFP clubs  can lose £5 million a year without owner input and £13 million a year with.

I get what you are getting at but surely all of the current costs are deemed essential running costs ? Then the losses are the losses. Otherwise we would have got rid of it already. I would get shut of Suhail but in terms of the Indian court, an employees wages will be essential. I don't think there will be any negative impact on our FFP compliance (the one thing the club always trumpets).

Of course I could be wrong. Just my thoughts on it.

12 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

I get what you are getting at but surely all of the current costs are deemed essential running costs ? Then the losses are the losses. Otherwise we would have got rid of it already. I would get shut of Suhail but in terms of the Indian court, an employees wages will be essential. I don't think there will be any negative impact on our FFP compliance (the one thing the club always trumpets).

Of course I could be wrong. Just my thoughts on it.

Hopefully you’re right - it was just something which came to my mind and I wondered if the forum/trust could shed any informed light on it.

One thing I don't think anyone really understands (I don't).

If we sell Gally for £1m next week (for example). How is it in any way possible that £1m in the bank would not be seen as available for essential running costs (not for none essential player purchases). Unless there is a one out, one in (as long as not costing more) agreement in place.

I guess the paperwork is in for this round but could be a factor in the next one.