BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Fans Forum / Roverstore

On 23/03/2024 at 16:28, Armchair supporter supremo said:

Forget the ff we need to send @chaddyrovers in to have words with Waggot again!!!

(maybe he can be chaperoned by @ABBEY this time😅👊

I'd need chaperoning  to stop me taking a big steaming shite in his magic coffee cup

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Now a ‘pre awards night night’ for 30 quid.

A club that has done bugger all to raise revenue for a decade is suddenly coming up with all kinds of ruses… must be a cash flow issue or something 

IMG_2140.jpeg

To be fair to Rovers they are certainly pulling out all the stops these days 

Like arranging for the Grand National to be moved to lunchtime so that Rovers fans can watch it before we play Leeds at 12:30pm. Some effort.

Screenshot_20240404_102710_Gmail.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

To be fair to Rovers they are certainly pulling out all the stops these days 

Like arranging for the Grand National to be moved to lunchtime so that Rovers fans can watch it before we play Leeds at 12:30pm. Some effort.

Comedy gold at Ewood nowadays with their announcements.

5 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Now a ‘pre awards night night’ for 30 quid.

A club that has done bugger all to raise revenue for a decade is suddenly coming up with all kinds of ruses… must be a cash flow issue or something 

IMG_2140.jpeg

Probably just a new ambitious commercial manager who is trying a few things the old farts can't be bothered with.

2 hours ago, tomphil said:

Probably just a new ambitious commercial manager who is trying a few things the old farts can't be bothered with.

Ambitious or out of his depth?

• 3 weeks later...

The latest minutes are on the website.

Seems like the club are finally doing some well overdue maintenace. Doesnt read though as if this is permitted on top of any budget. Waggott was very coy on that, currently being discussed apparently to the question as to whether there will be ANY budget. Do owners at other clubs give absolutely no clarity on summer budgets by late April, a week before the season ends? 

He mentioned off his own back about a focus in investing in youth like Tyjon so I suspect it will be about expecting kids to step up and he mentioned about expecting bids for Szmodics. Very non committal over McGuire and the investigation is still ongoing.

Fraser Read talked about 8.9% price rises for other clubs and seemingly wasnt contested about how totally different those situations are unless it was missed from the minutes. So expect the inevitable minor rise to be hailed as doing us a favour.

https://s3.eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/gc-media-assets.gc.roversservices.co.uk/ef23f420-0307-11ef-b02f-7f8b500dc492.pdf

Point 4…

How can Waggott say the case hasn’t had a direct effect on the club when we had to sell Wharton to pay the day to day bills??

How can Venkys see no issues with sending funds as and when needed when they need the court’s permission to do so??

Point 5…

Just how long does an internal investigation into someone not pressing the right button take??

Point 6…

I thought recruitment was now a director of football thing and not a head coach thing??

On McGuire - was there any confirmation as to whether we ever flew to Orlando as February’s statement said we would?

General point - is there any reason I should believe a single word attributed to the club employees in these minutes?

Edited by wilsdenrover

Surprised that the internal investigation is taking so long to get done. I would have thought it would have been done by now. 

You can't have clarity until you know what league we are in. I would have thought that discussions have happened in terms of wage and transfer budget but no deffo answer to what the final budget will be. Rovers recruitment department/GB will have loads of different lists with different prices for players we will look to sign plus We need Eustace input aswell in terms where he wants to strengthen and players he wants out. I suspect a busy summer with in's and out's. Bringing through young players is one of key part of footballing strategy and that's why we invest so much into the academy to produce quality first team players like Buckley, Phillips, Wharton, Leonard 

Maybe just open your eyes when you go anywhere near to the stadium? (ref the below img)

And as for the comments about 'the owners can send funds whenever they like, there is no issue and everything is rosy'.
Does he think we are all stupid?

JDT and GB have publicly stated the impact caused by restrictions placed on Venky's sending funds overseas.

Has he just blatantly lied to fans?

Screenshot 2024-04-25 at 21.35.25.png

Edited by Andy
  • Like 1

Just a load of if's and but's...the overriding impression is that the club is being run on a shoestring budget.Its just not good enough,does anyone ever challenge what Waggott comes out with at these meetings?

Just Feck off Venkys,the message is clear.

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194

Budgets regularly arent decided at this club until after the season. Its been a common theme throughout Venkys terrible reign and has often left us behind in terms of doing our summer business.

Last summer initially was a rare exception to that, but only because it was very much a case of bring in money and only sign freebies, and then even that changed to a more aggressive summer where even frees and loans became very difficult.

Its certainly not this well thought out plan where the owners have said you have x in this league and y in that league, all targets are ready once we know we can start.

Maggot is a fucking liar and not a very good one.

Having meetings with this cunt and expecting anything to come from it is like expecting the sun to rise at midnight.

The only reason to meet with this piece of shit is to catch him out on his numerous poorly crafted lies and use that as a stick with which to beat him and the owners.

He is a repugnant individual, a total parasite on society and the planet.

• Like 5

I should point out that I missed some comments in the minutes that should probably have been recorded re season tickets. There were a number of comments by Forum members about the necessity to make ST prices as affordable as possible in the current economic climate. It’s a point we have made in most meetings and indeed We Are The Rovers have also made in recent times.

My error was spotted by one of the Forum members but unfortunately just after I passed them to the club for publication. Happy to set the record straight.

So the STC which was sold to a 3rd party affiliated with the ownership and which the club pays lease money on is now going to have a portion of the Wharton money spent on it ?

Surely that should be done by whoever now owns it.

Those forum mins are amongst the most depressing iv'e read they just don't give a #### do they, wage thieves and clowns. This is either entirely about Maggot making him and his pal look good asking for no money in order to keep his own job and bonuses.

Or the finances remain in a perilous state and he really hasn't the first clue what will actually happen with funding but knows there's enough transfer income to keep the bills paid over summer.

Everyone now prepped for signing only kids and getting an ST price rise in return ?