BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Fans Forum / Roverstore

23 hours ago, arbitro said:

Ticketing details have been announced for the Southampton game and once again there is a vagueness about them. It's free for under 12's (I applaud them for that) but only with an adult ticket but does this include season ticket holders or is it just if you buy only for this specific match. I think that is the case but it's not made clear. Similarly it says they are only free if you have an adult ticket, no mention of seniors.

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2024/march/18/ticket-news--rovers-v-southampton/

Arbitro - I checked this with Fraser Read. It seems to be bad wording rather than any deliberate policy. Any fan can get a free under 12s ticket as long as they are either buying an adult ticket for the game or they are already an adult season ticket holder. Adult includes seniors.

I have asked him to clarify it on the website.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, only2garners said:

Arbitro - I checked this with Fraser Read. It seems to be bad wording rather than any deliberate policy. Any fan can get a free under 12s ticket as long as they are either buying an adult ticket for the game or they are already an adult season ticket holder. Adult includes seniors.

I have asked him to clarify it on the website.

Thanks for doing that. Rather than just amend the original announcement they should issue a completely new one as people who have already read it probably won't read it again and potentially miss out. It might help also if information was given how to get these ie in person, online etc.

On 19/03/2024 at 06:36, K-Hod said:

No, it’s not until April now, due to availability of Steve Waggott.

Are the Forum going to put up with being messed about like this indefinitely? All you get when he does turn up is "I didn't know about it" or "I'll look into it".

We've had two high profile transfers either messed up or sabotaged in successive January transfer windows,  a manager walk out in disgust, and now that the future of the Club appears to be hanging by a thread at the whim of an Indian Court, Waggott's avoiding you because its got a bit too hot in the kitchen.

You should refuse to meet with the Club and go Public with your decision until they start taking meetings seriously and provide dome satisfactory answers as to the Club's future.

And by this I mean some actual  detail of what they're going to do.  No more of this stock bs from Waggott about "the owners remain fully committed" when actions suggest otherwise and which translate as far as he is concerned as "I couldn't care less what happens to the Club as long as I can screw another 2 or 3 years money out of it."

• Like 1

This is the problem when the FF are the last remaining ‘fan consultation’ group.

This is a forum that was set up in those lovely olden days where asking John Williams to try a new pie supplier was as hard hitting as was needed.

The club cannily used Covid as an excuse to quietly drop the more forensic mandated bi-annual fan consultation meetings.

If only as much effort was put in at that place re actually improving it over trying to pull a fast one.

• Moderation Lead
1 hour ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Are the Forum going to put up with being messed about like this indefinitely? All you get when he does turn up is "I didn't know about it" or "I'll look into it".

We've had two high profile transfers either messed up or sabotaged in successive January transfer windows,  a manager walk out in disgust, and now that the future of the Club appears to be hanging by a thread at the whim of an Indian Court, Waggott's avoiding you because its got a bit too hot in the kitchen.

You should refuse to meet with the Club and go Public with your decision until they start taking meetings seriously and provide dome satisfactory answers as to the Club's future.

And by this I mean some actual  detail of what they're going to do.  No more of this stock bs from Waggott about "the owners remain fully committed" when actions suggest otherwise and which translate as far as he is concerned as "I couldn't care less what happens to the Club as long as I can screw another 2 or 3 years money out of it."

I know exactly what’s gone on, but thanks for the reminder! It’s affected Rovers, so, it’s affected me as well. I’ve been fairly forthright and direct in the past, it’s just hard to ascertain that from the meeting minutes.

I’ve got a really long document of items I’m going to be discussing at the next meeting, I can confirm I’m as seething as everyone else and to be honest, been considering my own membership, as a result! If my seat becomes vacant, you (or anyone else willing to throw their hat in the ring), can take my place and replace me, by all means! 😀.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

If we take 2000 to Elland Road that will cost Rovers £23,500

Charging 8000 Leeds fans the extra £2 instead of agreeing the £28 fee with Leeds generated us around £16,000.

Therefore I hope Waggot managed to squeeze the extra £2 out of 3750 Rovers fans for the home game in order to break even on this masterstroke.

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 1

• Moderation Lead

Imagine being a club in the second tier of English football and charging £47 for tickets… Absolutely obscene.

A Leeds fan at work was saying, they try to price out away fans, so they can justify reducing allocations and then sell them to home fans. Proper dick move.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Imagine being a club in the second tier of English football and charging £47 for tickets… Absolutely obscene.

A Leeds fan at work was saying, they try to price out away fans, so they can justify reducing allocations and then sell them to home fans. Proper dick move.

It is, but Leeds offer every club reciprocal ticket prices, we just chose not take it up.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

What else would you expect from a bunch of Yorkshire cunts?

🌹🌹

Edited by Upside Down

It's obvious what game Waggott is playing here; it's called 'smoke and mirrors'.

He's fleeced the Leeds fans to maximise revenue from them, whilst knowing all along that Leeds would charge us full whack in return.

He'll have built this 'subsidy' into his overall calculation, as a means to appear the good guy.

Don't be fooled.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Wheelton Blue said:

It's obvious what game Waggott is playing here; it's called 'smoke and mirrors'.

He's fleeced the Leeds fans to maximise revenue from them, whilst knowing all along that Leeds would charge us full whack in return.

He'll have built this 'subsidy' into his overall calculation, as a means to appear the good guy.

Don't be fooled.

I wrote to Waggott in August and suggested to him exactly what he has actually done ie charge Leeds full cat A prices but discount the tickets for Rovers fans at Elland Road. Although he didn't completely rule it out I suggested to him that the tone of his replies indicated he wouldn't do it. And I firmly believe if it wasn't live on Sky and we got a few quid for this it wouldn't be happening. 

I have kept the emails too.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, K-Hod said:

Imagine turning down £28 reciprocal deal just to charge Leeds fans £2 more, knowing full well we would get stung for £47 in return.

• Like 1

He'll be hoping only 500 bother going across that'll be the basis of his thinking and if we were doing well and 1500+ were expected there'd be no chance of a contribution.

We need all the support we can get so the twohat should be putting on a few free coaches as well !

• Like 1

Once he leaves the club, hopefully someone new can start bringing more money into the club. I really don’t know what he does to earn his coin. Fuck all springs to mind. 

As posted before, look at the clubs his been at. They all say he’s a waste of space. Problem is, it’s getting The Rao’s to take note. 

More pressure needs to put at his door. The Trust needs to ask more and more probing questions. I’m sure they go so far, but he really needs to be put on “trail” more.

Edited by Moptop1
  • Like 1

I think it's just the same as any other position in the club under these lot.

A new guy with a decent track record will want bigger wages/expenses/perks and will have his own ideas and direction he wants to push in.

So they'll hire someone cheaper who's overjoyed and grateful to be in a job like that and they'll be working for the minimum directors pay and be toeing the line and dancing to their tune.

That's why we never progress.