BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Fans Forum / Roverstore

Crowdfunding to make changes and improvements to the stadium.

Utterly tragic and embarrassing. The sort of thing I'd expect to hear about at Clitheroe or Bamber Bridge not a Championship club owned by 'billionaires'.

'Some work' 'would be planned' 'summer 2025' - talk about jam tomorrow, yet again. They can never actually do things can they, just refer to some vague non-binding future date when it might happen.

When people leap to the Venky defence and grumble about FFP and support they need to ask themselves why such relatively minor investments aren't made by our great and wonderful owners and why a once great club and stadium is literally covered in mould.

They talk about these renovation works as though it is unique or something. I suspect the reason we are facing a relatively high bill for these works is because they've cut corners and dodged spending for over a decade and now it comes back to bite with crumbling concrete, broken boilers and malfunctioning lifts. Some TLC and proper maintenance over the years would have kept things in working order.

As far as I'm concerned these meetings are a stunt overseen by a liar and people who aren't up to it or empowered to do anything. I don't believe any of Waggott's claims, little more than a paid human shield to present a positive image of his bosses come what may. The club don't want Szmodics to stay, the window isn't even open yet and you can tell he's practically salivating at getting some big juicy offers in for him.

He'll be flavour of the month in India if he can get a wedge in for Szmodics just 6 months after the Adam Wharton bonanza.

• Like 7

18 minutes ago, only2garners said:

I should point out that I missed some comments in the minutes that should probably have been recorded re season tickets. There were a number of comments by Forum members about the necessity to make ST prices as affordable as possible in the current economic climate. It’s a point we have made in most meetings and indeed We Are The Rovers have also made in recent times.

My error was spotted by one of the Forum members but unfortunately just after I passed them to the club for publication. Happy to set the record straight.

How did Waggott respond?

2 hours ago, tomphil said:

So the STC which was sold to a 3rd party affiliated with the ownership and which the club pays lease money on is now going to have a portion of the Wharton money spent on it ?

Surely that should be done by whoever now owns it.

Those forum mins are amongst the most depressing iv'e read they just don't give a #### do they, wage thieves and clowns. This is either entirely about Maggot making him and his pal look good asking for no money in order to keep his own job and bonuses.

Or the finances remain in a perilous state and he really hasn't the first clue what will actually happen with funding but knows there's enough transfer income to keep the bills paid over summer.

Everyone now prepped for signing only kids and getting an ST price rise in return ?

The latter with a bit of the former mixed in.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

‘The owners are fully committed to the club’ standard boilerplate we’ve heard about 10,000 times…

does nobody in these sessions, be it WATR, FF ever simply ask ‘Why?’

Nothing but lip service from them,the same shyte regurgitated meeting after meeting.

I do hope anyone there when he mentioned crowd funding told the fat prick to fuck right off.

IF YOU CANT AFFORD TO RUN THE CLUB YOU OWN THEN  SELL YOU VILE TAKING THE PISS KNOB CHEESE INFESTED SCUM

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead
3 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

‘The owners are fully committed to the club’ standard boilerplate we’ve heard about 10,000 times…

does nobody in these sessions, be it WATR, FF ever simply ask ‘Why?’

Well yeah, regularly. Usually ends in an impasse.

I’m not really sure what anyone expects me or anyone else on any of the fan groups to say tbh.

As ever though, they’re welcome to join in and give their own input instead.

If anyone’s in the dark about my feelings in the owners, allow me to shed some light…

I want them gone and don’t think we’ll go anywhere, whilst they’re in charge.

• Moderation Lead
1 minute ago, Mattyblue said:

Bit salty that, K-Hod.

It was a genuine question to how the execs frame their answer, so how do Swag et al respond to the why are they still here question?

Wasn’t intended that way, or just aimed at you, probably looks that way with quoting you, but I’m not a multi quoter!

Thing is, even if we did ask that, he’d just say ‘because they want to be and they’re fully committed to the club’. 
Only person who can answer these questions (Mr Pasha) has never been in any FF meeting I’ve attended.

12 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Wasn’t intended that way, or just aimed at you, probably looks that way with quoting you, but I’m not a multi quoter!

Thing is, even if we did ask that, he’d just say ‘because they want to be and they’re fully committed to the club’. 
Only person who can answer these questions (Mr Pasha) has never been in any FF meeting I’ve attended.

Has the question been asked as to why Mr Pasha has never attended ?

• Like 1

I may have missed this among the talk of using the Adam Wharton cash to repair the broken lifts at Ewood but can anyone explain why Rudy Gestede was in attendance at the meeting on behalf of the Club?

I can't find any mention of this in the minutes and cannot find any mention of him being employed at the club or what role he performs. 

30 minutes ago, JHRover said:

I may have missed this among the talk of using the Adam Wharton cash to repair the broken lifts at Ewood but can anyone explain why Rudy Gestede was in attendance at the meeting on behalf of the Club?

I can't find any mention of this in the minutes and cannot find any mention of him being employed at the club or what role he performs. 

Waggot attempting to employ shiny object syndrome on the forum.

Edited by Hasta

• Moderation Lead
33 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Gestede was literally just there shadowing Waggott, he’s looking to go into boardroom stuff in the future.

Where's the connection? Gestede was long gone from Rovers before Waggott turned up so doubt they knew each other or that Waggott is letting him shadow him at Forum meetings as a favour to an old friend.

I'm not aware of a similar arrangement ever occurring before, and it isn't the first time I've heard of Gestede being around the club and training ground which all just seems odd to me if he isn't employed there.

• Moderation Lead
5 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Where's the connection? Gestede was long gone from Rovers before Waggott turned up so doubt they knew each other or that Waggott is letting him shadow him at Forum meetings as a favour to an old friend.

I'm not aware of a similar arrangement ever occurring before, and it isn't the first time I've heard of Gestede being around the club and training ground which all just seems odd to me if he isn't employed there.

I don’t think it’s that deep tbh mate. I imagine Gestede still knows someone at the club and they’ve put a word in for him.

It’s just weird.

Do you think the PNE awards night start with ‘you do all know the Hemmings family are marvellous’, United with ‘long live the Glazers’ or Chelsea ‘Todd Bohely is the man’, just bizarre over-compensating.

14 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

It’s just weird.

Do you think the PNE awards night start with ‘you do all know the Hemmings family are marvellous’, United with ‘long live the Glazers’ or Chelsea ‘Todd Bohely is the man’, just bizarre over-compensating.

Diversionary tactics, the oldest trick in the book.