BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Good or bad Friday depending on the result

2 hours ago, rigger said:

It would depend on how much I already had tucked away. Who wants to be the richest man in the graveyard?

I’m not condoning it but the answer to my question is basically no one in their right mind. 

Yet some still do the honorable thing when they know it isn't working.

You'd expect one who self promotes his honesty so much to actually be honest at some point.

Besides i'm sure he could get half his remaining salary via some sort of mutual consent.  

3 hours ago, Stuart said:

In this hypothetical scenario, am I someone who paints themselves as being honourable and have I said in the press that I will walk away if I have become a burden?

What you appear to be suggesting is that Mowbray has become delusional and believes, despite the obvious, that he is doing a good job.

I think he genuinely believes he can do the job, yes. I know for a fact that he does ridiculous hours and barely sees his family. I don’t think it helps that there’s no fans at the matches because I think there’d be large amounts baying for blood if so. But as I said, the only point he walks is when / if he believes he’s lost them.

Until the point that he decides he can’t do anymore and wants to walk away from half million quid, Its the clubs job to put him out of his misery.

2 minutes ago, rigger said:

I am in my right mind. If I had a couple of mil in the bank. I would walk away.

Unless you’ve been in that situ, I think it’s hard to say. Fair enough though mate, but I think you’re in the minority. I’m also not sure these guys have a couple of mill in the bank. They earn a lot and spend a lot too..

6 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Yet some still do the honorable thing when they know it isn't working.

You'd expect one who self promotes his honesty so much to actually be honest at some point.

Besides i'm sure he could get half his remaining salary via some sort of mutual consent.  

I think he genuinely believes he can turn it all around 🙈 (I don’t!!)

9 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

I think he genuinely believes he can turn it all around 🙈 (I don’t!!)

I don't, going off some of the stuff he's said over the past 12 months and his demeanor.

Working long hours doesn't mean much he's clearly the type who lives and breathes the game. So he watches as much football as possible, nobody makes him and it doesn't make his management any better. Unless he's staying behind at Brockhall every night washing the kits what good is it doing us ?

He clearly has trouble walking away from the money and the kudos of it over anything else i reckon.  Because he knows full well he won't get another gig or wage like here, that's why he's hanging on.

He has no belief in himself or this team that has been obvious a long time. Hence the constant excuses and revolving team sheet/subs.

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead
51 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

I think he genuinely believes he can do the job, yes. I know for a fact that he does ridiculous hours and barely sees his family. I don’t think it helps that there’s no fans at the matches because I think there’d be large amounts baying for blood if so. But as I said, the only point he walks is when / if he believes he’s lost them.

Until the point that he decides he can’t do anymore and wants to walk away from half million quid, Its the clubs job to put him out of his misery.

You wonder what he does in those hours, as our run has been so bad, none of them have been worth a damn....

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

I wouldn’t expect someone to walk out of their last decent gig with 14 months of lucrative salary to go.

At a normal club it is taken out of their hands long before you get into the complete debacle we are currently witnessing.

Even if they had said that they would ?

• Like 1

Just now, rigger said:

Even if they had said that they would ?

No, because he obviously never meant it, as he either thought he’d turn the form around before there was a clamour for him to follow through with it, or he’d be relieved of his duties by the club before that point (like everywhere else) anyway.

It was all part of the ‘Honourable Salt of t’Earth Tone’ routine that fans have lapped up for four years.

Mowbray had a good reputation when he came to us. the fans of Celtic, Boro, WBA and Coventry  all said what a nice and honourable chap he is and that he will do ok for you up to a point.

To keep that reputation he should have resigned before the international break IMO. By continuing bull-headed in his job, aggravating the annoyance of the fans is doing his reputation a heck of a lot of damage.

If he gets a job with another club are we going to sing his praises? Are we bollocks!

5 minutes ago, bazza said:

Mowbray had a good reputation when he came to us. the fans of Celtic, Boro, WBA and Coventry  all said what a nice and honourable chap he is and that he will do ok for you up to a point.

To keep that reputation he should have resigned before the international break IMO. By continuing bull-headed in his job, aggravating the annoyance of the fans is doing his reputation a heck of a lot of damage.

If he gets a job with another club are we going to sing his praises? Are we bollocks!

Don't think you're right about Celtic fans.

I wouldn't have said Coventry fans were particularly fulsome in their praise either.