BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Steve Waggott

8 minutes ago, philipl said:

The stunt- and that is what it was - with SW, senior players and fans is an absolute disgrace.

Lowlife who has now lost what very little grip he had of things. 

Kean Out day was the single most enjoyable day following Rovers under Venkys.

Doncaster away was the second.

When this King Cnut goes it may well be the third.

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 2

The only silver lining you might take from this is that as Suhail wasn't there the meeting might have happened without the consent of either him or the owners, the players complain and he gets his marching orders.

Clutching at straw I know but straws would appear to be all we have at the moment.

• Backroom
3 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

The only silver lining you might take from this is that as Suhail wasn't there the meeting might have happened without the consent of either him or the owners, the players complain and he gets his marching orders.

Clutching at straw I know but straws would appear to be all we have at the moment.

I'm curious as to why the players didn't refuse in the first place. It's surely not a contractual obligation for them to be forced to talk to supporters in a random meeting with no agenda. Just points to there being no proper leader in the dressing room who would stand up to Waggott and say 'no mate, that's a fucking stupid idea, we aren't doing that'. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, DE. said:

I'm curious as to why the players didn't refuse in the first place. It's surely not a contractual obligation for them to be forced to talk to supporters in a random meeting with no agenda. Just points to there being no proper leader in the dressing room who would stand up to Waggott and say 'no mate, that's a fucking stupid idea, we aren't doing that'. 

The fact that they are the ‘leadership group’ sums up the state the squad has been allowed to get in to.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 4

This is more targeted for Suhail really.  It airs on the side of speculation and potentially political commentary but I do feel is vaguely relevant.  Admittedly reading heavily into the job title, but this is likely the world he's come from and the thinking he's learnt/enacting.  Below is a few excerpts from a somewhat controversial and definitely dramatised book called 'what happens when McKinsey comes to town' which is a paperback summary of the famous consulting groups largest blips...  It is in the public domain I believe but happy to delete if not allowed

Screenshot_2024-02-07-22-16-01-59_f541918c7893c52dbd1ee5d3193339482.jpg.d5bccd1fdcf785fc32dafc14dde906ef.jpg

Screenshot_2024-02-07-22-16-32-00_f541918c7893c52dbd1ee5d319333948.thumb.jpg.8bd9e455adf0e9fdb873deaff8afaabf.jpg

Screenshot_2024-02-07-22-17-00-61_f541918c7893c52dbd1ee5d319333948.thumb.jpg.0117c8b464eac6fe982ff23a83cd29b5.jpg

Screenshot_2024-02-07-22-17-33-38_f541918c7893c52dbd1ee5d319333948.jpg.001e6762c844410ea4096a3f6d4a63d5.jpg

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, DE. said:

Would the club claim it’s covered by this contract clause??

IMG_1532.jpeg.b2dc5db66c8f9207ddb039741f071296.jpegIMG_1533.thumb.jpeg.8022599d174e4c59365cf8ab1969b03a.jpeg

4 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Players could argue they weren't given "reasonable notice".

Is a player revolt against Waggott the best hope?

Managers come and go - the contract is with the club so not bloody likely when SW is Suhails bitch…

• Like 1

• Backroom

As Rev says, the 'reasonable notice' part would surely invalidate that clause, as I can't imagine such a hastily cobbled together meeting, that didn't even have an agenda, constitutes reasonable. I'm also not sure if supporters groups constitute sponsors or commercial partners in the context of the clause, either. 

Regardless, what would Waggott have been able to do if the players had said no? Tell them he was very disappointed in them? Oh well. I don't see how he could have the power to make them attend something like this, and honestly the lot of them should have said no way, that's a bad idea and we aren't interested. I am baffled as to why they didn't, particularly as they looked like they'd rather be anywhere else. 

• Like 1

Just now, matt83 said:

What do folk reckon are waggotts top 5 fuck ups since being at rovers. 

In no particular order…

Allowing so many senior players to leave for free.

Lewis O Brien

Duncan McGuire

Closing the Blackburn End

Season ticket pricing/marketing 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, matt83 said:

What do folk reckon are waggotts top 5 fuck ups since being at rovers. 

Some recent ones for me, outside of overseeing the transfer fiascos:

the stupid brag about the chuffing coach we don't even own

closing the BBE and the lack of dialogue about creative ticketing (even after players and fans have mentioned it)

admitting, it's in the minutes, that he didn't know about the liverpool legends night

the lack of fucks given about the fans' day

being at birmingham during the January transfer window 2023

actually being at Rovers in the first place

- that's more than 5, oh well

Edited by Groundhog
  • Like 4

‘Eco Day’ or whatever the fuck it was called.

Blackburn End closure 

Scrapping the programme 

Allowing a LFC night at Ewood Park

THE BUS

Brockhall attempted bulldozing 

Removing the history murals 

The potential Tony Parkes tribute being kicked into the Ewood weeds.

Running out of kit for months on end each season (mascots even having to come dressed in their own or they can’t be one)

Only being able to attract a vape company literally down the road as sponsor 

Match day surcharge 

Category A+ ticketing (soon shelved)

1875 club (to cynically cash in on folk worrying about getting Dingle tickets or other small away allocations, no surprise sales of it have tanked this season)

Doing absolutely nothing post Oxford to tap into the fanbase

Hiking up prices post pandemic as pretty much every other club went the other way.

Probably loads more and some are more cynical rip offs than out and out fuck ups, but all point to a spiv a million miles out of his depth.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 6

Waggott needs to go but the chanting should be aimed at the owners .Our focus being on Waggott or anyone else on the ground is more likely to keep them in the job than lose it under these parasites

Plus it will be just be another Waggott when he eventually does leave we had Derek Shaw before him 

• Like 3

In a perfect world, say Venky's leave and take Waggott with them, what would the ideal CEO for Rovers look like at this time? Forgetting for the minute someone who has perhaps a spare £20m down the back of the sofa or Elon on speed-dial. 

I'm presume the fanbase is in agreement that we have to get the operating costs down, but just communicated in a better way, with more transparency, show some care for the fans, a more pragmatic approach to the playing side i.e no pound-shop Peps please.

What would you do first? 

Edited by Groundhog

39 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Waggott needs to go but the chanting should be aimed at the owners .Our focus being on Waggott or anyone else on the ground is more likely to keep them in the job than lose it under these parasites

Plus it will be just be another Waggott when he eventually does leave we had Derek Shaw before him 

We have had many incompetent employees under Venkys but they are the issue. The only one benefit to specifically targetting Waggott is that he will be left uncomfortable as he will actually be there unlike our absent owners. But he still wouldnt walk away and Venkys certainly wont sack him.