BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Attendances: A cause for concern

Remeber one against Middlesbrough (funnily enough) in our first season down, then again against Cardiff on the opening weekend of the 14-15 season.

We also had a non televised one against Rotherham in 2015 because our game the Tuesday afterwards got put to the Monday night for TV.

Genuinely can't remember any more Friday night games in this period.

Just over 16,000 on yesterday and as predicated a really poor following from 6th place Udders.

If the product on the pitch is worth supporting, the fans will come.

Time for Waggott to look at a promotion package, 3 game bundle for £45, lets put even more bums on seats please.

Edited by Gav

Be interesting to see what category the Middlesbrough game is as they usually bring a half decent following, especially when doing well. Should be category C with it now being an evening game, but as its a weekend game that has been moved I think it will be B. 

If it was still a Saturday no doubt it would have been category A.

No real point to bundles, they just don’t get much traction here, which makes sense as a walk on/floating fan, as if you wanted to get tied in to multiple games, you’d have bought a ST/half ST by now. Though, of course, we aren’t usually second in the league, so if they want to, then go for it, as even a few hundred purchases is better than nowt.

For me, I’d be pinpointing a couple of games in the run in. An ‘Operation Fill Ewood’ esque campaign at £15 a pop, quid a kid.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Gav said:

Just over 16,000 on yesterday and as predicated a really poor following from 6th place Udders.

Time for Waggott to look at a promotion package, 3 game bundle for £45, lets put even more bums on seats please.

I think over 2k fans from Huddersfield on a Sunday at that price is a great effort. 

We have sold 1k half season tickets now and thats is another great effort by them

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I think over 2k fans from Huddersfield on a Sunday at that price is a great effort. 

We have sold 1k half season tickets now and thats is another great effort by them

For a side in the playoffs 40 miles away? 

We'd have sold double that had we had the opportunity in my opinion.

Poor following. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gav said:

For a side in the playoffs 40 miles away? 

We'd have sold double that had we had the opportunity in my opinion.

Poor following. 

Think you are looking far too simplistic at their following and do forget they had an away game 3 days before at Forest game. Plus 30 pounds plus travel/food and drink cost. 

Do you attend yesterday game? 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Gav said:

More like £45 for each game.

1 hour ago, tomphil said:

We've not had over 2k ish there since Souness was here i reckon.

We never played them for 10yrs and we certainly never sat 2nd Championship on a run like we are right now when we did. 

It seems to be good news on the half season ticket sales front yet lets not forget that we were recently selling 10-11,000 full season tickets at this level sat in mid-table so whilst we are moving in the right direction total sales of around 9,000 for season tickets is not really progress, it is just a repair job on the numbers we were looking at in the summer fuelled by good results and performances.

No doubt Waggott will be patting himself on the back but just imagine if we'd have sustained sales of 10,000 like we were getting before he turned up and then added a few thousand on top.

I was delighted with the crowd on Sunday as I expected it to be low at the time and price of £30 an adult so really good to see the BBE lower full (not a full BBE as some have said as upstairs remains shut) and the Riverside was noticeably busier. Circa 14,000 home fans on is progress the challenge now has to be to keep it and increase it, not look for ways to try and milk the extra for more money.

Personally I would be looking at a flat rate of £20 for home tickets for every remaining game this season. And I would put tickets on sale now for every remaining game. I don't understand this thing of waiting until 3 weeks before the game to start selling match tickets. Do it now. Promote it everywhere. Contact all ex-season ticket holders. Schools in other areas.

This won't happen.

• Like 9

We took 2,262 away fans to Huddersfield in a similar fixture (29th December 2019).

I don't remember the cost but do remember after going 1-0 up early doors we got battered. Might have been my final away day before the stadiums were empty.