BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Attendances: A cause for concern

1 minute ago, Mattyblue said:

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2022/april/22/2022-23-season-tickets-out-now-/

On sale before the end of April, wonders never cease, so what’s the deal?

The club is aware of the financial challenges facing fans and their families at present, as such, Rovers are rewarding supporter loyalty by [EXCELLENT, they are finally getting it, so what’s the deal then?]…

holding prices for current Season Ticket holders* up until Saturday June 4th [oh]’

But what about getting newbies into the tent? An extra £30 for you, so that will be just the £429-£529.

’Cheap as chips’, indeed, as they go on sale in the midst of a horror run and we journey into into a real financial headwind as a nation… roll up, roll up!

£429 for new ticket holders seems like a lot to me. Admittedly, I'm not exactly flush, but it's a lot of money. Have noticed Burnley's cheapest ticket next season is £110 cheaper. Who knows what division that'll be, but that difference is startling. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, FudgeDredd said:

£429 for new ticket holders seems like a lot to me. Admittedly, I'm not exactly flush, but it's a lot of money. Have noticed Burnley's cheapest ticket next season is £110 cheaper. Who knows what division that'll be, but that difference is startling. 

And that’s just in the BBEnd/Riverside, £489-£529 in the JWU, for a middling second division outfit that has hardly won a game in months, I’m sure that will get the floating fan charging down to the ticket office…

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 2

Perhaps foolishly or optimistically I thought that we could at least expect a price freeze on the hikes of the last couple of years. I wasn't expecting any better.

Alas even that comes with caveats - the price of £400 only available to existing season ticket holders who ensure they renew within the next 6 weeks, failing which they also have to pay the increased price along with anyone who doesn't already have one who might fancy getting one next year.

Cynically I wonder if they are trying to cajole/force people into buying asap to get them signed up before the *hit hits the fan with Mowbray staying on and another round of sales after his India trip.

Here is the list of other Championship clubs' cheapest starting adult price, compared to our £399 (with strings)

• Forest - £385
  • Huddersfield - £299
  • Sheff United - £357
  • Millwall - £350
  • Middlesbrough - £450
  • Coventry - £345
  • Swansea - £322
  • Stoke - £344
  • Cardiff - £249
  • Bristol C - £365
  • Pboro - £349
  • Barnsley - £285

• Like 3

I think everyone should wait until after the 4th and then refuse the extra surcharge. 

the slogan one of our own should be, come and see the lads quickly before they leave for a club with more ambition and there contracts expire

they never fail do they

avtually i take that back

Edited by Oldgregg86
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Huddersfield still at the cheap end of the market.

They slashed prices years ago in league 1 i think, crowds shot up and have mainly stayed as they kept the prices down. 

Look at them now, how do they do it.

They are not trying to get the stadium condemned so they can bulldoze it and build a shit hotel or something. 

9 minutes ago, Upside Down said:

They are not trying to get the stadium condemned so they can bulldoze it and build a shit hotel or something. 

They genuinely want to punch above their weight all through the club.

Imagine a manager saying some of the stuff Mowbray has when Dean Hoyle was there ?  Imagine saying it when working for Gibson ?  His feet wouldn't touch the floor on the way out but here bull shitters prosper in the void between Blackburn and India.

That will never change until they get someone proper in to run it or get one of their own here to keep an eye on it all, not some self interested messenger boy.

14 minutes ago, tomphil said:

They genuinely want to punch above their weight all through the club.

Imagine a manager saying some of the stuff Mowbray has when Dean Hoyle was there ?  Imagine saying it when working for Gibson ?  His feet wouldn't touch the floor on the way out but here bull shitters prosper in the void between Blackburn and India.

That will never change until they get someone proper in to run it or get one of their own here to keep an eye on it all, not some self interested messenger boy.

If the fans had a controlling stake then a dick head like Mowbray would have been kicked to the kerb a long time ago. 

1 minute ago, Upside Down said:

If the fans had a controlling stake then a dick head like Mowbray would have been kicked to the kerb a long time ago. 

Thats the issue, there is a fine line between being in charge and compromising yourself.

Too friendly with the boss breathes contempt.

Waggott and Mowbray are no different to Agnew and Kean.

Watching each others back whilst the owners are miles away.

Then you have Suhail who is actually quite liked around the club by lots of staff, been there a long time now.

However, i think he has forgotten his purpose, again miles from home.

However Call it a hunch, i think 4 weeks from now it maybe a different looking ewood both dugout and boardroom

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, glen9mullan said:

Thats the issue, there is a fine line between being in charge and compromising yourself.

Too friendly with the boss breathes contempt.

Waggott and Mowbray are no different to Agnew and Kean.

Watching each others back whilst the owners are miles away.

Then you have Suhail who is actually quite liked around the club by lots of staff, been there a long time now.

However Call it a hunch, i think 4 weeks from now it maybe a different looking ewood both dugout and boardroom

Even if there is, will that change be for the better?

13 hours ago, glen9mullan said:

if he is the ears and ears of Venkys, then yes you'd say he has probably forgot his role as he is in and around the club a lot, goes to more than enough matches and surely must be able to see a club clearly going backward behind the scenes and in for a tough summer on the pitch, given the 'strength' of the squad once the loanees go back, the contract 3 leave and the possible sale of Brereton.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, JWU-Andy said:

if he is the ears and ears of Venkys, then yes you'd say he has probably forgot his role as he is in and around the club a lot, goes to more than enough matches and surely must be able to see a club clearly going backward behind the scenes and in for a tough summer on the pitch, given the 'strength' of the squad once the loanees go back, the contract 3 leave and the possible sale of Brereton.

They might have two lots of ears but they never listen to the fans.

• Like 1

Surely Suhail knows it time for a change of manager and staff now given this season failure. Last season failure should have cost Mowbray his job but I think he would blame Covid-19 for it

However Call it a hunch, i think 4 weeks from now it maybe a different looking Ewood both dugout and boardroom

I'm hoping your hunch comes time. We need a new manager who will attract fans back and show some ambition in the club. Plus a new CEO who can connect with the fanbase and understand our concerns. There is plenty of good experience footballing and business CEO around

• Like 2