BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Attendances: A cause for concern

On 02/04/2022 at 13:38, chaddyrovers said:

What did you put in your email and did you receive a response to the email and from who at the club?

The response that I got was, I can still get tickets through the post, if I phone the club rather than use the internet. This would mean me being charged for the phone call, which would be increased by the usual 20 minutes wait for someone to answer the phone. I won't be bothering. I also replied that this did not answer the question, of the reason the club gave for implementing their new policy. I await their reply.

Edited by rigger

That’s now two weekend home games in a row the club has withdrawn DEnd availability pre game (as no bugger was buying).

So as predicted on here, of course, an unused area with no existing ST holders is not suddenly going to get decent numbers in for a standard priced game with no price incentive for that stand.

The incompetence staggers me (though it shouldn’t after 12 long years).

Edited by Mattyblue

52 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

That’s now two weekend home games in a row the club has withdrawn DEnd availability pre game (as no bugger was buying).

So as predicted on here, of course, an unused area with no existing ST holders is not suddenly going to get decent numbers in for a standard priced game with no price incentive for that stand.

The incompetence staggers me (though it shouldn’t after 12 long years).

But the club will say : We tried to give what the fans had asked for, but there was no uptake. It's not our fault.

We sell c12k STs, add your walk ons and aways, you’d be looking at 16k MINIMUM crowds each week, touching 20k+ for big games… just like mid table third division Bolton are already seeing.

Just imagine the difference that would make to Ewood, how much more vibrant it would be… yet is anybody at BRFC from the owners down remotely interested in getting there? Doesn’t look like it.

12 years of this stasis and more of the same this summer as we limp to c50% of the sales of the mighty Bolton… ’exciting changes coming’, indeed.

• Like 9

We've said it before but i'll say it again they'd rather have 8k in here paying full whack cutting costs and bobbling along.

The set of 9th highest paid directors in this league have overseen year on year price rises and decline in core support since promotion form league 1.  This season the penny dropped with the result of all this seeing the lowest support for over 30 years so panic sets in when the team starts doing well and crowds don't even go back to the midtable Gary Bowyer levels.

You reap what you sow and we've seen both sides of that this season but on the back of it there is a real chance to improve things.

Will they ?   Nah probably just some token gesture or other.

• Like 4

Yeah but what about inflation?

Expert Waggott claims this is the reason we can't sell season tickets, yet inflation must stop at Whitebirk and Darwen because it hasn't caused any issue for Bolton, Stanley or Dingles.

Reap what you sow indeed.

This is why we need regime change asap, because year on year the support is being eroded and nothing is being done to stop or reverse it. Much longer and the damage could be irreversible.

People pointed at Bolton and Wigan as examples of what would happen to us if Venkys left.

Well, Bolton stable, well run and selling close to double season tickets as we will manage at a much lower price. Wigan will be joining us next year with cheaper tickets and an owner that has invested and pays bigger wages than we do.

• Like 5

On 04/04/2022 at 18:28, rigger said:

The response that I got was, I can still get tickets through the post, if I phone the club rather than use the internet. This would mean me being charged for the phone call, which would be increased by the usual 20 minutes wait for someone to answer the phone. I won't be bothering. I also replied that this did not answer the question, of the reason the club gave for implementing their new policy. I await their reply.

Have you got a reply yet?

On the flipside, how many extra season tickets would sell with a new manager in place? Not many I'd imagine. The 'fan' base is stale as anything and people simply aren't arsed.

Opposition fans singing "your grounds too big for you" and "your support is effin shite" have a solid point.

These mythical thousands people are hoping exist, don't.

I want Mowbray gone as much as most do, he is however just the lead clown in this circus that stinks to high heaven.

Considering we sold record half STs and thousands extra were walking on post November says different.

It doesn’t look like it makes much difference because a. the ground is far too big and b. we’ve lost so many ST holders that those extra walk ons are just plugging gaps where ST holders once were.

But where I do agree is, when our STs finally go on sale in June at £400-£500+, swapping TM for some other steady Eddie (or a Coyle esque appointment) won’t make a blind bit of difference after finishing, say, 8th and hardly winning a game for months. 

Well we know that we can manage a lot more than we have done recently. Crikey I mean even under GB, with mid table Championship results we were shifting almost 50% more than we managed this season after half season ticket sales and a top 2 position.

Kind of sums up how far things have fallen under Waggott's pricing and stewardship. I won't forget that or re-write history to pretend 8000 is the limit of our abilities.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Ossydave said:

On the flipside, how many extra season tickets would sell with a new manager in place? Not many I'd imagine. The 'fan' base is stale as anything and people simply aren't arsed.

Opposition fans singing "your grounds too big for you" and "your support is effin shite" have a solid point.

I want Mowbray gone as much as most do, he is however just the lead clown in this circus that stinks to high heaven.

Well the ground has always been too big for us so nothing new about that and the dreary 'Your support is...' gets an airing at most grounds up and down the country.   So again nothing unique in it towards our fans.

Agree though some of the expected crowds are mythical non more so than in the heads of some of those running the show.

Back to being 12k on a good day but its gone up 3k since the early part of this season and not all on the back of cheap tickets.  Just by having a #####g go on the pitch most weeks that's all the regulars ask for.

As for the part timers well if the club won't try and draw them in properly they ain't going to come very often, not rocket science.

• Like 3

I see we’ve appointed a new “ commercial partnerships manager “ in Francis Fielding. She was involved on the commercial side at Rochdale AFC.  Mrs Shoelaces knows her from working at the stadium ( Crown Oil Arena alias Spotland ) and thinks she’s a good appointment.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, Ossydave said:

I think we will sell more season tickets without Mowbray, than with him.

• Like 1