BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Attendances: A cause for concern

1 hour ago, Gav said:

Fair comment Bb.

I'm of the opinion that Mowbray, like most managers under Venkys, is trying to manage with one had tied behind his back. Its not a popular opinion on here I know, but thats how I see things reading between the lines.

Indeed. Problem is it's what he does with the hand that isn't tied that frustrates the hell out of me! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gav said:

Fair comment Bb.

I'm of the opinion that Mowbray, like most managers under Venkys, is trying to manage with one had tied behind his back. Its not a popular opinion on here I know, but thats how I see things reading between the lines.

Come on Gav, up until this season hes had a decent wage bill, over 10m per year and into the teens one season gone by.....not to mention the chunks of money in transfer fees he's had and the loans that he's wasted....plus giving his mates contracts and benno getting an extra 2 seasons....I could go on and on....

A decent Manager would have made better use

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MarkBRFC said:

Who runs the official site these days?

Misleading headline here..

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2022/april/01/roverstv--watch-rovers-at-the-ricoh-/

Rovers TV headline saying how to watch the game live tomorrow if you can't make it, only to say you can't watch it 😆

Almost a quarter of games this season have been unavailable as part of the Rovers tv international subscription, in the majority of countries it services.

Luckily travel on the day to EFL broadcast dark countries is cheap 🙂

On 31/03/2022 at 11:01, Miller11 said:

And this is where we fall at the first hurdle. Incompetent owners employing incompetent people. You can’t just shrug your shoulders and blame everything on rules that everyone has to abide by. Parachute payments weren’t whinged about when we were receiving them, and I wonder if fans of Luton, Peterborough, Millwall and others whose losses aren’t subsidised by billionaire owners complain as much as we do?

There’s plenty the billionaire owners can spend on without FFP rules being a factor. Simple things like stadium and pitch maintenance are two of them. There’s no hiding behind the FFP excuse for the neglect in these areas.

Keeping the ground neat and tidy would be a start, and doing basic repairs. Maybe if we bothered to do this we might be able to sell some advertising and actually bring some money in to contribute to the playing budget. Instead we have pretty much nothing but Venky’s logos plastered all over the place, because the people those idiots have charged with running the club are out of their depth and under no pressure. They let players contracts run down and sell players on the cheap. 

Easier to blame it on the fans for not spending, and the nasty rules than acknowledging we are badly run from top to bottom though.

Exactly Keeping the ground tidy, neat and doing the basic repairs. Also investing in the club facilities and keep pricing low would attract more fans more regular meaning more money for the club. That's why I suggested in a recent previous post Rovers should have bought a pub or 2 in the local area to generate more money even on non match days but They is lack of ideas and thoughts from our board and owners. 

3 hours ago, MarkBRFC said:

Who runs the official site these days?

Misleading headline here..

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2022/april/01/roverstv--watch-rovers-at-the-ricoh-/

Rovers TV headline saying how to watch the game live tomorrow if you can't make it, only to say you can't watch it 😆

any Saturday 3pm Kick off game in England can't be watch on TV 

Edited by chaddyrovers

On 28/03/2022 at 17:00, rigger said:

The Rovers have come up with another classic. To eleviate cueing at the ticket office, they have taken away the option of getting tickets sent by post when you order on line ? This is one walk on that they have now lost.

I'm not surprised that Rovers have done this as the world is looking to invest and use more technology for things like passes for social events on apps or QR code. I expect season tickets in the new couple of years will be done this way aswell through QR codes or through an App on your phone

On 29/03/2022 at 09:28, JHRover said:

Problems in the Blues Bar with queues - solution? Put prices up and charge more to get in

Problems with queus for tickets on matchday - solution? Make it more difficult to buy and collect tickets

Both will achieve the desired outcome - less hassle - just a shame it will probably also mean less people go and less money is spent at the ground.

Remember though - FFP!

Investing in club facilities and keep pricing reasonable plus buying local facilities like 2 recent pubs that have sold in the past few years Rovers could have bought and you could have generate more money and revenue for Rovers on non match days

On 30/03/2022 at 09:43, Wheelton Blue said:

And what happens if said friend does not have a mobile phone? Not so easy peasy then.

Most people have mobile phones don't they?

On 30/03/2022 at 11:37, PeteJD13 said:

From a personal perspective, i have a season ticket as do my two kids, neither really want to go they are 3 and 6, and only go because i want to go. I haven't been since Huddersfield at home, due to games being moved we don't live that locally to Blackburn anymore so midweek games are out. I've lost all enthusiasm for going so its unlikely i will renew or next for me or the kids. Its not even Mowbray its the completely soulless experience with crap prices for food and merchandise. Since i haven't been i haven't missed going at all, i find myself detached from the club and goings on. I think its my subconscious preparing myself for another shambolic summer and another HSH scrap heap manager coming in, Tony Pulis's blue and white army...............

very sorry to hear this Pete and your kids losing interest in coming to Rovers

4 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

Come on Gav, up until this season hes had a decent wage bill, over 10m per year and into the teens one season gone by.....not to mention the chunks of money in transfer fees he's had and the loans that he's wasted....plus giving his mates contracts and benno getting an extra 2 seasons....I could go on and on....

A decent Manager would have made better use

Whilst he hasn't had budgets to match a lot of clubs there are managers out there who would give their teeth for the backing, facilities and Academy Mowbray has had here.  

It shouldn't have taken 5 years to have one good tilt at the top 6. Look around at all the clubs in with a shout of it and who have been in previous seasons.

Having a good go at it isn't all about budgets and never has been.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I'm not surprised that Rovers have done this as the world is looking to invest and use more technology for things like passes for social events on apps or QR code. I expect season tickets in the new couple of years will be done this way aswell through QR codes or through an App on your phone

Investing in club facilities and keep pricing reasonable plus buying local facilities like 2 recent pubs that have sold in the past few years Rovers could have bought and you could have generate more money and revenue for Rovers on non match days

very sorry to hear this Pete and your kids losing interest in coming to Rovers

So how does stopping postal tickets alleviate cueing at the ticket office on match days. I realise than the system can be used. But why, when they are trying to get supporters back, do the Rovers add obsticles ?

Edited by rigger

7 minutes ago, rigger said:

So how does stopping postal tickets alleviate cueing at the ticket office on match days. I realise than the system can be used. But why, when they are trying to get supporters back, do the Rovers add obsticles ?

I would suggest you ask and contact the club about it or asked Fans forum to raise the issue at the next meeting. 

Isn't the queues at the club shop for collection of match tickets the problem not the ticket office?

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

I would suggest you ask and contact the club about it or asked Fans forum to raise the issue at the next meeting. 

Isn't the queues at the club shop for collection of match tickets the problem not the ticket office?

If the ticket has already been sent through the post, how does this cause a collection problem anywhere, as recipients go straight to their allocated gate. 

Just now, rigger said:

If the ticket has already been sent through the post, how does this cause a collection problem anywhere, as recipients go straight to their allocated gate. 

Have you contact the club or fans forum to raise your concerns and problems?

I would guess the club want to move from Paper tickets to online tickets or QR code for entrance for the games. I suspect that Season ticket will go the same way in the near future. Like I said this is becoming more and more features of social events now. 

14 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Have you contact the club or fans forum to raise your concerns and problems?

I would guess the club want to move from Paper tickets to online tickets or QR code for entrance for the games. I suspect that Season ticket will go the same way in the near future. Like I said this is becoming more and more features of social events now. 

This is the last time I will make the point to you. The main problem is not that the Rovers have added this obstacle,  but their excuse for doing it. That it will alleviate queues at ticket collection on match-days

Edited by rigger

2 minutes ago, rigger said:

This is the last time I will make the point to you. The main problem is not that the Rovers have added this obsitcle,  but their excuse for doing it. That it will alleviate queues at ticket collection on match-days

and I have asked you have you contact the club or fans forum about your problem with the excuse for doing it?

27 minutes ago, rigger said:

It doesn't, cost of a stamp and an envelope? Wouldn't surprise me with Swag.

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

A lot will, yes, but not all.

You miss the point. They've scrapped something which was easy to do (order paper tickets online and request home delivery) to something which may not be so easy. And as Rigger says, the justification they gave - to reduce queues - is a nonsense in this case.

Edited by Wheelton Blue
  • Like 1

At what point do we whether or not they are deliberately trying to put people off from attending? 

We've seen the obscene prices and the many hoops one has to jump through to simply purchase a ticket, are the people in charge really so incompetent or are they doing this deliberately to justify something else later down the line? 

• Like 3

I wouldn’t say it’s deliberate to the extent there is anything nefarious going on, but there are certainly two very damaging things occurring from my perspective.

One, Waggott et al still have no idea about the Rovers fanbase; what makes it tick, what it responds to (or doesn’t). The ridiculous overuse of bundles that no bugger ever buys is a prime example.

Two, a decade of decline in attendances had made Ewood a very easy place to manage and complacency and institutional laziness had took hold. Same numbers turning up year in year out (give or take a steady drop in ST holders each summer). So this unexpected charge up the table with a load of additional walk ons appearing on a match day has obviously caught them with their pants down, and the club is totally unprepared - Huddersfield earlier this season even has a delayed KO due to ‘crowd congestion’ - ‘great, big crowd today then!’… there was 16k on.

So we are now seeing all these schemes to reduce queues etc, and for me it’s largely due to the club not being able to cope with any spike in attendances and wanting to get back to an easy match day run by a skeleton staffing operation.

The old conspiracy theory in the 80s about the club ‘not wanting to go up’, certainly resonates today as the infrastructure of the place is now a million miles away from what is expected in the 2022 Premier League, and they know it…

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Upside Down said:

At what point do we whether or not they are deliberately trying to put people off from attending? 

We've seen the obscene prices and the many hoops one has to jump through to simply purchase a ticket, are the people in charge really so incompetent or are they doing this deliberately to justify something else later down the line? 

I fear you are correct.