BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Attendances: A cause for concern

The ground isn't too big. The attendance figures from 15 years ago prove this. 

After a dozen years of the current regime the fanbase has been eroded down to the small numbers we see now. 

We have lost ten thousand attending fans that are very unlikely to return.

I can only speak for myself but I suspect that I am not alone in saying that I will not return to Ewood Park until there is a change in ownership. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

The ground is far too big for a middling Championship club in a town like Blackburn.

And as we won’t be anything better than a middling Championship club anytime soon… the ground is too big. 

Well at least you won't have to wait long until it all gets condemned and bulldozed to be replaced with a 15000 capacity tin shed.

Yep, standard pricing too.

Still double the walk ons turning up from what we were seeing pre Fulham. Amazing show of faith really considering the utter shite we’ve witnessed since the turn of the year…

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 2

47 minutes ago, tomphil said:

About 14k home fans on today so clearly the support IS there.

After watching that today if they were handing them out free people would be handing them back. 

The support is there if you price the games right and season ticket should have been on sale by now. Unacceptable they are yet

• Like 1

So somewhere close to 6,000 walk on or package ticket fans there today once you take off the circa 8000 season ticket holders.

Absolutely criminal that the Club is doing nothing to try and keep these people and get them signed up for next season whilst they can. Instead they are going to let this season fizzle out into disappointment, let them go off into the summer sunset and oversee a miserable summer of business and then try to get them back in June/July.

There's ineptitude and then there's what we see at Rovers, which is self-destruction.

I walked past two people heading back to my car saying they wouldn't be coming next season.

By the way, I notice that the small number of people willing and able to buy tickets in the DE for today's game were relocated elsewhere in the ground. Another fiasco.

And who were the people in the Legends Lounge? Quite a large group of people watching the game from in there. 

13 minutes ago, JHRover said:

And who were the people in the Legends Lounge? Quite a large group of people watching the game from in there. 

they were people over from America - an Academy, I'm lead to believe - who played matches against the u16's and u18's before the match.

Edited by JWU-Andy
  • Like 1

If you want to convince people to buy STs beyond just pure loyalty you have to have a team and manager showing they really want it.

Today was the exact opposite of that they looked like they were on a pre season friendly. 

• Like 2

Speaking to a fella who’s in the 100 Club today. 

He was down at Ewood last week with some other fans filming a ST promo vid in the Blackburn End, so who knows the STs might be actually on sale before June for once… so just as we stumble to a 9th place finish, roll up, roll up!

On 08/04/2022 at 21:35, Upside Down said:

The ground isn't too big. The attendance figures from 15 years ago prove this. 

After a dozen years of the current regime the fanbase has been eroded down to the small numbers we see now. 

We have lost ten thousand attending fans that are very unlikely to return.

I can only speak for myself but I suspect that I am not alone in saying that I will not return to Ewood Park until there is a change in ownership. 

Or we are back in the Premier League?

In an area as deprived as this, I don't think you can rule out just how many people have the dodgy firesticks. I wouldn't have to dig too much to get my hands on one, £40-£50 a year is very appealing to people with not a lot of spare cash. 

For me nothing beats watching a game live but I certainly think rather large numbers of people watch matches from their own front rooms now.

• Like 5

10 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Speaking to a fella who’s in the 100 Club today. 

He was down at Ewood last week with some other fans filming a ST promo vid in the Blackburn End, so who knows the STs might be actually on sale before June for once… so just as we stumble to a 9th place finish, roll up, roll up!

Did he say who else appears in the video?

I can just picture it now, a video announcing Mowbrays new contract with him pottering about urging fans to join him and the patched up team next season giving it 'a really good go'.

Part of me is sat here now thinking this could actually happen too, just imagine 😳 

25 minutes ago, cesus said:

In an area as deprived as this, I don't think you can rule out just how many people have the dodgy firesticks. I wouldn't have to dig too much to get my hands on one, £40-£50 a year is very appealing to people with not a lot of spare cash. 

For me nothing beats watching a game live but I certainly think rather large numbers of people watch matches from their own front rooms now.

In an area as deprived as this they somehow think people can afford £30+ to attend a second tier match watching a team that has had all ambition systematically eradicated from it.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

I can just picture it now, a video announcing Mowbrays new contract with him pottering about urging fans to join him and the patched up team next season giving it 'a really good go'.

Part of me is sat here now thinking this could actually happen too, just imagine 😳 

Well he didn’t mention any coaching staff… or Birdy for that matter, so small mercies there!

1 hour ago, Ossydave said:

That is a terrifying thought.

it’s probably just tony sat in front of an old three bar fire in his slippers saying prices have gone up and being working class he understands some people can’t afford them and need to work Saturday down pit  like his dad did back on teeside in the ……. (And then the same story he must of told the players yesterday about pre war Middlesbrough t fire them up for the last 45 of our season )