BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Attendances: A cause for concern

2 hours ago, Ossydave said:

It's the hope that kills you chaddy.

Regarding Accy Stanley, they're completely showing us up on many levels. You probably see as many kids in Stanley shirts as Rovers these days round here. Whilst that's partly to do with us not being as attractive a proposition these days, we could still appeal more to a child than Accy. My daughters school whilst not in Blackburn, is less than 5 miles from Ewood yet the effort from the club is zero.

Which is in line with the on-field policy ! In fact with every policy coming out of the club.

Edited by rigger
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Rovers are running into big issues in Hyndburn, an absolute heartland for the club since day dot -  but now if you are a young footfall fan without Rovers fanatics as parents, are you really going to be looking towards Ewood for live football when you have an upwardly mobile club doing their utmost to get you in their tent?

And that’s without even going into the sizeable numbers of former longstanding Ewood attendees that now go to Stanley on a regular basis.

Alas, those running the club have an obsession with only targeting BwD areas for engagement, as if fan loyalties to a club totally stops at 1970s created council boundaries, and as the Rovers Trust have pointed out our fanbase stretches out far further…

Yeah but we put a bus on once for people 'as far away' as Clitheroe!

Not long ago John Williams went after Lancaster and Fylde coast as our catchment area. This lot see heartlands like Clitheroe as distant areas.

5 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Rovers are running into big issues in Hyndburn, an absolute heartland for the club since day dot -  but now if you are a young footfall fan without Rovers fanatics as parents, are you really going to be looking towards Ewood for live football when you have an upwardly mobile club doing their utmost to get you in their tent?

And that’s without even going into the sizeable numbers of former longstanding Ewood attendees that now go to Stanley on a regular basis.

Alas, those running the club have an obsession with only targeting BwD areas for engagement, as if fan loyalties to a club totally stops at 1970s created council boundaries, and as the Rovers Trust have pointed out our fanbase stretches out far further…

It's not just Hyndburn of our group of five on Chorley on Tuesday night I am the only one still going on Ewood. Granted two are ex man u. But the other two were rovers season ticket holders,

If we don't win today then they will soon be saying.... "see, £10 tickets don't work. We have done all we can".

Should be anyone who buys the £10 ticket for Bournemouth also gets the home leg if we get in the play offs for £10. ST holders should also get it for £10. Filling the ground like Oxford will be the best way to get a result on the day.

There also needs to be a groundbreaking ST offer ASAP.

All pointless of course if we fall flat today and then somehow Mowbray changes his mind and goes to India for a new deal.

On 14/04/2022 at 17:04, chaddyrovers said:

Yes it is the hope that kills you while I have been patient with the club about about not putting them on sale too early come Middle of March/April the info should be out there and should be able to buy them plus it gives people planning time to sort out finances, etc and etc. 

I live close to Stanley ground and training ground and Its impressive but Rovers should be doing far more in the community area to bring more fans to games, etc as I have posted several times on here. Another thing that is annoying with the club. I remember Rovers coming to my school of Peel Park in the Hyndburn area to do a 4 day footballing course with Children who signed to in the Easter holidays in 1995. Do Rovers still offer this and if could come the fans forum asked about why not? 

Why don't Rovers offer free shirts, kits, scarfs, gloves to youngsters now in schools? 

Myself and Duncan Miller addressed this directly with Steve Waggott before Christmas. I grew up about 12 miles from Ewood, the club made far more effort then. We said we should be targeting the fylde coast, but also towns like Rochdale, Ramsbottom, it was the usual yeah great idea we will look into it 

40 minutes ago, PeteJD13 said:

Myself and Duncan Miller addressed this directly with Steve Waggott before Christmas. I grew up about 12 miles from Ewood, the club made far more effort then. We said we should be targeting the fylde coast, but also towns like Rochdale, Ramsbottom, it was the usual yeah great idea we will look into it 

I think the club need to much more effort in our back yard first and target the Ribble Valley, Hyndburn, etc first. 

Have the club during the 2 weeks holidays offer any coaching days, sessions to Schools, local football teams and clubs, etc? 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I think the club need to much more effort in our back yard first and target the Ribble Valley, Hyndburn, etc first. 

Have the club during the 2 weeks holidays offer any coaching days, sessions to Schools, local football teams and clubs, etc? 

There are quite a few Rovers fans who have moved out of Blackburn, to the Fylde area.

Edited by rigger

5 minutes ago, rigger said:

There are quite a few Rovers fans who have moved out of Blackburn, to the Fylde area.

That's fine but we need to get children and people interested in the club from the local areas, get them attending games, etc 

That's why I asked the questions coaching sessions and days by the club to local football clubs, teams and schools as getting them interested in Rovers and given them some free merchandise. 

I remember my 4 days still now that Rovers came in to my school during the holidays and did 4 day coaching session. Yes You had to pay but I have never forget it and never will it was 27 years ago. 

2 hours ago, Old Rover said:

According to the papers there were 30428 there yesterday. Venky's will be happy

Thing is nobody would be the least bit shocked if that was an accident on purpose figure put out.

Bling   'Well done Steve i see your crowd initiatives are working'

Swaggo  'Yes Mr B we asked the fans to come out to support Tony and they did'

B   'Oh good we know they love him as much as we do, now what about the team and result ?'

S   'Who, what ?  does it really matter ? 

B   ' Nah i suppose not, i'll ring again in 6 months'

• Like 3

The proposed season ticket prices were sent to India for approval and sign off ages ago. Waggott was hoping to have them on sale “before Easter”. Last week they were filming adverts for season tickets in Ewood with some hand picked fans.

Wouldn't be at all surprised if they released the details this week, right at the point the fanbase is at its most disgruntled.

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

The proposed season ticket prices were sent to India for approval and sign off ages ago. Waggott was hoping to have them on sale “before Easter”. Last week they were filming adverts for season tickets in Ewood with some hand picked fans.

Wouldn't be at all surprised if they released the details this week, right at the point the fanbase is at its most disgruntled.

Wouldnt want to be part of the hand picked brigade given the current feelings around the support over the massive fall down the table

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Miller11 said:

I would prefer a reasonable price for the season tickets, rather than an advert, to try to get people to buy them.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, rigger said:

I would prefer a reasonable price for the season tickets, rather than an advert, to try to get people to buy them.

Me too. I can’t imagine the existence of a promotional video is going to sway anybody to buy a season ticket.

That's a novel idea 2nd half ticket bundles.

Stay in the pub for the first 45 as nowt will happen unless you want to marvel at the opposition time and space of course. Do join us though for the 'right good go' second half    ** disclaimer - please be aware we'll probably be a goal behind when you enter but you'll get the added bonus of the bizarre 65 min onwards substitution rituals. Where even if it's still crap you can spend the rest of the game trying to work out wtf is supposed to be going on.

• Like 5

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2022/april/22/2022-23-season-tickets-out-now-/

On sale before the end of April, wonders never cease…

The club is aware of the financial challenges facing fans and their families at present, as such, Rovers are rewarding supporter loyalty by [EXCELLENT, they are finally getting it, so what’s the deal then?]…

holding prices for current Season Ticket holders* up until Saturday June 4th [oh]’

But what about getting newbies into the tent? An extra £30 for you, so that will be just the £429-£529.

’Cheap as chips’, indeed, as they go on sale at a minimum of £400-£500 in the midst of a horror run and we journey into into real financial headwinds as a nation… roll up, roll up!

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 4