BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Premier League season 21/22

Just back from a walk and put Chelsea v Newcastle on. Newcastle attacking, in the box and Chelsea defender clearing tugging on the Newcastle lad’s shirt. His fist is tight around his shirt and he’s pulled back twice. Looked at by VAR and nothing given. Unbelievable. The ref’s seen nothing, the liner up with play nothing and the VAR boys, with the benefit of slow mow tv, also nothing.

This, together with multiple other unnecessary rule changes over the last several years, shows how a simple game has been made very, very complicated.

Edited by Claytons Left Boot
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, Claytons Left Boot said:

Just back from a walk and put Chelsea v Newcastle on. Newcastle attacking, in the box and Chelsea defender clearing tugging on the Newcastle lad’s shirt. His fist is tight around his shirt and he’s pulled back twice. Looked at by VAR and nothing given. Unbelievable. The ref’s seen nothing, the liner up with play nothing and the VAR boys, with the benefit of slow mow tv, also nothing.

This, together with multiple other unnecessary rule changes over the last several years, shows how a simple game has been made very, very complicated.

Corners are the same, everybody’s holding on to somebody. It’s like the opening number in “ Strickly “.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Corners are the same, everybody’s holding on to somebody. It’s like the opening number in “ Strickly “.

I was watching a local game here in Northwich last year. There was a corner and the ref simply said, “right lads, keep your arms by your sides.” And they did.

Almost perfect results today in dingle relegation operation. Only downside was Everton getting nothing but still think they'll come to when the pressure is really on. With a bit of luck Watford and Roy will haul themselves to safety and relegate both the dingle and Leeds/Everton.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Claytons Left Boot said:

That's where VAR doesn't work. 

Newcastle deserved a penalty for that. They deserved at least a point. They were very good over all the pitch. 

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

Almost perfect results today in dingle relegation operation. Only downside was Everton getting nothing but still think they'll come to when the pressure is really on. With a bit of luck Watford and Roy will haul themselves to safety and relegate both the dingle and Leeds/Everton.

Don't get why you'd want a nothing southern club to stay up at the expense of northern clubs

• Like 2

Good to see most of today's result go against Burnley. I think they will go down cos I fully expect Everton will come good in the coming weeks. Leeds got a late minute winner today. Newcastle have pulled away from the bottom 3. Brentford beat them yesterday. 

Leeds have played 2 more games than Burnley tho. 

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

Come on Roy, keep up the good work 😀

7 hours ago, oldjamfan1 said:

I was that angry and depressed yesterday even Burnley’s woes didn’t make me feel any better. I think they are relying on Leeds and Everton continuing to struggle now. That said they both have very winnable home games today.

Honestly doesn’t matter. We couldn’t beat Brentford and it’s all about us winning games not others losing. We can’t score and unless our attack is suddenly going to be what it hasn’t for about a year we won’t win the games we need to.

I felt before the game if we couldn’t beat Brentford then we were done, I haven’t changed my mind. If you don’t get promoted we will be playing each other next season.

28 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

Honestly doesn’t matter. We couldn’t beat Brentford and it’s all about us winning games not others losing. We can’t score and unless our attack is suddenly going to be what it hasn’t for about a year we won’t win the games we need to.

I felt before the game if we couldn’t beat Brentford then we were done, I haven’t changed my mind. If you don’t get promoted we will be playing each other next season.

Hi longsiders

I was down in that there Lunnon on Saturday and happened across some of your chaps at KX on their way to Brentford

They were in good voice amongst the tutting southerners but I took one look at them and chose not to engage

I know you'll understand

Sorry to see you lose - am desperately hoping Brentford and Watford go down. No true football fan would want those nothing clubs to stay up at the expense of the great Lancashire and Yorkshire clubs

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Hi longsiders

I was down in that there Lunnon on Saturday and happened across some of your chaps at KX on their way to Brentford

They were in good voice amongst the tutting southerners but I took one look at them and chose not to engage

I know you'll understand

Sorry to see you lose - am desperately hoping Brentford and Watford go down. No true football fan would want those nothing clubs to stay up at the expense of the great Lancashire and Yorkshire clubs

Agreed . Burnley arnt a great Lancashire club though 😝

• Like 3

1 hour ago, longsiders1882 said:

Did you go? How well did you play? 

3 hours ago, longsiders1882 said:

See you next season then.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Would have taken something special for Everton to go down and I suspect they will survive and the media will laud it as a great achievement by Lampard. Seems a curious appointment as it stands.

The last time Everton were in real danger of going down the opposition goalie had a day to forget - just saying.

17 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Would have taken something special for Everton to go down and I suspect they will survive and the media will laud it as a great achievement by Lampard. Seems a curious appointment as it stands.

Enough games in hand to limp to safety. Hardly a great achievement by Lampard given there's been no up turn in form, but as you say it'll be hailed as a great success. Ironically it's Benitez's early form that will keep them up.

• Like 1

Everton still have West Ham, Chelsea, Man Utd, Liverpool and Arsenal to play. Not an easy run in at all, on paper at least. 

Completely agree about Watford being a nothing football club and a nothing place but wanting them relegated to have the Clarettes surviving and staying in the PL? Come on, what’s this site coming to!!

Pass the jelly, we’re having a party.

Won’t be long.

• Like 4

18 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Lampard's undoing at Chelsea was his inability put out a team that kept clean sheets, so what does he do at Everton? Plays a right footer at left back. Michael Keane every week (until yesterday), and a past it Seamus Coleman.

26 minutes ago, speeeeeeedie said:

Lampard's undoing at Chelsea was his inability put out a team that kept clean sheets, so what does he do at Everton? Plays a right footer at left back. Michael Keane every week (until yesterday), and a past it Seamus Coleman.

Given that Everton sold their left back Digne to Everton before Lampard was appointed. The other left back Mykolenko is a new signing and is trying to settle in while in his own country there is war going on. Not a easy situation to be in. 

Hasn't Kenny been playing left back in most of Lampard with Keane and Holgate as centre back with Coleman at right back?

2 hours ago, speeeeeeedie said:

His tactics seem to be fairly random at the moment and he doesn't have any interest in starting the signing that he desperately wanted, presumably on considerable wages to accompany a potentially large fee in the January window.

He also complained that he couldn't play 3 at the back at Spurs because he didn't have 3 fit centre backs, overlooked by the interviewer was the fact that the admittedly unimpressive Branthwaite was on the bench.