BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer window 2022

Love Football Manager for what it is but I will always prefer the CM01/02 era. That was the game I grew up playing on my Dad’s lap in front of the ‘house computer’. 

2 hours ago, JBiz said:

Interestingly, the one area I think the club should break the bank (at the end of the season if we don’t go up) is on a manager when TMs contract expires.

Nuno still available?

Offer average Championship.wages with a mind numbing amount bonus related for getting us promoted

• Like 1

1 minute ago, USABlue said:

Offer average Championship.wages with a mind numbing amount bonus related for getting us promoted

Fair enough but;

1. Is that to newcastle or Dwight? They’re going to want something, remuneration, a loan fee, a transfer fee.

2. Average wage in championship club is different club to club. You’d have to assume not a single lower premier league or parachute / recently relegated championship team is interested.

3. Once again - surely it’s obvious that if you offer 1 player in your 18, a specific “mind numbing” bonus to come in for 6 months, you’re going to piss off the squad.

Id love Dwight Gayle at Ewood, but it’s not even remotely likely in my opinion, too many doors would need to open at once.

The only way I see plausibility in this specific transfer, is someone going the other way.

1 minute ago, JBiz said:

Fair enough but;

1. Is that to newcastle or Dwight? They’re going to want something, remuneration, a loan fee, a transfer fee.

2. Average wage in championship club is different club to club. You’d have to assume not a single lower premier league or parachute / recently relegated championship team is interested.

3. Once again - surely it’s obvious that if you offer 1 player in your 18, a specific “mind numbing” bonus to come in for 6 months, you’re going to piss off the squad.

Id love Dwight Gayle at Ewood, but it’s not even remotely likely in my opinion, too many doors would need to open at once.

The only way I see plausibility in this specific transfer, is someone going the other way.

Would Newcastle want Gally ?

3 minutes ago, JBiz said:

His wages are way above what we pay as club sadly. 

His career never kick on as it should have done. Should have left Newcastle 2 years ago. 

1 minute ago, JBiz said:

I doubt Gallagher would get a prem move right now, thinking more the Chilean.

Selling Brereton would be a massive mistake by the club. 

He is going to fire us to promotion or at least our best chance to get the PL under Venkys 

4 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Selling Brereton would be a massive mistake by the club

He is going to fire us to promotion or at least our best chance to get the PL under Venkys 

As they say, “No Shit Sherlock”.

I wouldn’t be as confident in the second paragraph. Take it one game at a time.

For me; “this season is the best chance to get to the premier league” under the Rao’s was when we had the opportunity to offer 2/3 wages of the division- but we ended up with Leon Best, Danny Murphy and Dixon Etuhu costing the club 120k a week.

8 minutes ago, rigger said:

I see your humour by-pass worked.

No? Was that supposed to be a joke? I thought it was just another needless dig at one of the players?

2 minutes ago, JBiz said:

For me; “this season is the best chance to get to the premier league” under the Rao’s was when we had the opportunity to offer 2/3 wages of the division- but we ended up with Leon Best, Danny Murphy and Dixon Etuhu costing the club 120k a week.

No? Was that supposed to be a joke? I thought it was just another needless dig at one of the players?

Sorry, I should have said : Subtle humour by-pass. 

50 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Love Football Manager for what it is but I will always prefer the CM01/02 era. That was the game I grew up playing on my Dad’s lap in front of the ‘house computer’. 

I’ve got a link somewhere to the CM01/02 game, but with the database up to date with last season, if you want it? I won promotion with Harvey Elliot, Adam Armstrong and Martinelli on loan as a front three. Great fun. 

• Like 1

Well not cos we a shocking manager in change plus boardroom problems then

I am confident in this team and I like the fact that Mowbray isn't over complication it and we have so many home grow players plus great team spirit 

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Well not cos we a shocking manager in change plus boardroom problems then

I am confident in this team and I like the fact that Mowbray isn't over complication it and we have so many home grow players plus great team spirit 

I like this team but it would be a shock if we get auto promotion - where as it should’ve been a given with that budget! The problem we have now is our competition for these positions will be against teams with double budgets.

4 minutes ago, rigger said:

Sorry, I should have said : Subtle humour by-pass. 

Makes no odds really. Gally is like any of our squad, like BB;

6 months of good performances away from having plenty of suitors.

On 23/12/2021 at 11:46, El Tombro said:

Rovers' scouting won't begin and end with Wyscout. Surely they want to see these players in action over the course of a few games before bringing them into the manager's office.

Regarding France there is surely nothing stopping Rovers from providing a brief to a freelance scout based over there if we really are interested in a player.

At the end of the day, who knows? But there is too much painting club operations as a black and white scenario on here. People are working around COVID-19 to try and continue as normal. Rovers will be doing the same.

Travel to France is permitted for business purposes I would expect a scouting mission to fall under that category.

2 hours ago, JoeH said:

Championship manager Italian, van Basten and Cantona, 250+ goals in one season playing 235. Awesome fun haha

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Ok, given your scouting experience do you think given the new work permit rules Rovers need less staff on scouting European football? 

It totally depends on your approach. Couldn't say earlier but since my last post Hearts have announced new signing Nathaniel Atkinson from Melbourne City. He was scouted remotely in the main and we're really happy with that one. But some clubs would take a totally different approach. Rovers are, in general, looking at players with a slightly higher wage bracket than Hearts and probably have a little more to lose if they get something wrong perhaps.

2 hours ago, J*B said:

I’ve got a link somewhere to the CM01/02 game, but with the database up to date with last season, if you want it? I won promotion with Harvey Elliot, Adam Armstrong and Martinelli on loan as a front three. Great fun. 

That sounds absolutely class, I'd love that

29 minutes ago, only2garners said:

No it isn't, unless you are involved in Covid 19 work or are a diplomat.

Not strictly true on the French Government’s website 

Workers in the land, sea and air transport sector or service providers (including drivers of any vehicle for the transportation of goods intended for use on the territory of a Member State as well as those who are only in transit or travelling as a passenger returning to their home base).
Travellers in transit for less than 24 hours in an international zone

I don’t think the final point would allow a scout to fly to Bordeaux watch the game and fly out straight afterwards. There are more valid reasons, but none would cover our scout.

5 minutes ago, Spartakfenni said:

Not strictly true on the French Government’s website 

Workers in the land, sea and air transport sector or service providers (including drivers of any vehicle for the transportation of goods intended for use on the territory of a Member State as well as those who are only in transit or travelling as a passenger returning to their home base).
Travellers in transit for less than 24 hours in an international zone

I don’t think the final point would allow a scout to fly to Bordeaux watch the game and fly out straight afterwards. There are more valid reasons, but none would cover our scout.

Sorry yes I did miss out the transport exemption. But unless we have a scout who is also driving a HGV down to Bordeaux i doubt we could make it work!

6 hours ago, JBiz said:

https://www.spotrac.com/epl/newcastle-united-fc/dwight-gayle-22936/

This might not be correct, but how do you;

A. convince newcastle to pay 65%+ of his wages whilst he plays for us for 6 months (over 1million)

or

B. Convince DG to give up 25k a week for six months

or 

C. Not aggravate every other player in your team by agreeing to have one player on double your other top earner?

I agree that someone like him would be great, the reality is only Fulham / Bournemouth and possibly WBA and Sheff United could get near fitting him into their “parachute” budget.

A) Offer Newcastle say, 2 million if we get promoted and he scores at least 5 goals (or just the first part if they're not down for that).

B) Offer him a larger than usual promotion bonus.

C) Don't tell anyone about these bonuses, and if they find out, point out it will only take effect if he helps them to a career-changing promotion.

Might not work, but worth a try.

6 hours ago, JBiz said:

Fair enough but;

Did you see the word manager in the quote, that us who I was meaning.