BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer window 2022

1 minute ago, dingles staying down 4ever said:

If they qualify for the bonus, then they've done their job. I still can't see anybody else higher up the league signing them so any move would be downwards and their move would be mercenary ie more money. It could be their one chance of premiership glory and they would walk for money alone.

If thats the case they can do one.

How much more money than their current wage plus 350,000 pounds. Since the pot is split based on appearance if they leave in January the most they could see is 1/2 the reported 700,000. That’s likely more than they’ll get anywhere else for the next 6 months work. 

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Can I please ask why you are fan of Harness and Twine and what are his strengths and weaknesses as I have seen very little of them live? Also I can please ask have you seen much of Scully at Lincoln?

Harness is a solid winger, good pace and delivery, with a very good eye for goal. Not as big as Gallagher so you couldn't use him as a target man and not really a true winger either.  Makes him a good replacement for that right side striker/winger hybrid role. Out of contract at the end of the season so should be available on the cheaper side.

As for Twine, bloody hell he looks some player. Great vision and passing as well as being very tidy dribbling with the ball and now adding goals as well.  When I see him I think he would be the ideal Rothwell replacement.  Not sure we could afford him as he only signed for MK Dons in the summer but if someone paid big for Brereton, we could spend a few mill to get him. 

Don't know as much about Scully aside from his stats.

Edited by CambridgeRover

38 minutes ago, CambridgeRover said:

Harness is a solid winger, good pace and delivery, with a very good eye for goal. Not as big as Gallagher so you couldn't use him as a target man and not really a true winger either.  Makes him a good replacement for that right side striker/winger hybrid role. Out of contract at the end of the season so should be available on the cheaper side.

thankyou for the reply. I believe that Harness has a clause in his contract at Portsmouth that allow them to extend his contract by 12 months. similar to us with Rothwell. 

40 minutes ago, CambridgeRover said:

As for Twine, bloody hell he looks some player. Great vision and passing as well as being very tidy dribbling with the ball and now adding goals as well.  When I see him I think he would be the ideal Rothwell replacement.  Not sure we could afford him as he only signed for MK Dons in the summer but if someone paid big for Brereton, we could spend a few mill to get him. 

thankyou for the reply and the player analysis on him. Watched the video posted so thanks for that @JacknOry

2 hours ago, rigger said:

Lenihan, Wharton, Carter, Ayala. The difference was how the back three are asked to play. Last season when it was played, the defenders were asked to keep possession, by passing across the defence. This season it seems that the defenders are asked just to defend, and to get the ball to our more skillful players quickly.

Wharton and Ayala were injured for most of the season. Carter went on loan at Burton where he played very well there. 

Not sure playing possession has anything to do with it to be quite frank. Think last season we had too many players and far too many midfield options. This season Mowbray has less options and less tinkering from him

Think we suited the back 3 this season cos Wharton can play the left side of the 3, with Van Hecke or Ayala in the middle of the 3 with Lenihan on right which suited all of them. Plus the left back situation where Pickering and Edun have played so wide this season.  

59 minutes ago, yankfan said:

How much more money than their current wage plus 350,000 pounds. Since the pot is split based on appearance if they leave in January the most they could see is 1/2 the reported 700,000. That’s likely more than they’ll get anywhere else for the next 6 months work. 

If they leave in January I would hope they will not qualify if promotion is achieved as it does not seem to be contractal. If they sign a pre-contract for someone in January and leave and we go up they will still qualify for the full whack

44 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

thankyou for the reply. I believe that Harness has a clause in his contract at Portsmouth that allow them to extend his contract by 12 months. similar to us with Rothwell. 

thankyou for the reply and the player analysis on him. Watched the video posted so thanks for that @JacknOry

Rothwell? Or Brereton? I thought Rothwell could leave this summer?

19 minutes ago, J*B said:

Rothwell? Or Brereton? I thought Rothwell could leave this summer?

Rovers activate a club option in Rothwell's contract by 12 months last summer

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/19343280.blackburn-rovers-contract-decisions-becoming-pressing/

Edited by chaddyrovers

51 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Wharton and Ayala were injured for most of the season. Carter went on loan at Burton where he played very well there. 

Not sure playing possession has anything to do with it to be quite frank. Think last season we had too many players and far too many midfield options. This season Mowbray has less options and less tinkering from him

Think we suited the back 3 this season cos Wharton can play the left side of the 3, with Van Hecke or Ayala in the middle of the 3 with Lenihan on right which suited all of them. Plus the left back situation where Pickering and Edun have played so wide this season.  

You asked if we had the players to play three at the back. We did, the fact of injuries would of not come into the planning stage of forming the squad.  It was the way the players were asked to play that caused the most problems last season. 

2 minutes ago, rigger said:

You asked if we had the players to play three at the back. We did, the fact of injuries would of not come into the planning stage of forming the squad.  It was the way the players were asked to play that caused the most problems last season. 

We have to disagree cos I don't think we have a options for back 3 given injuries, make up the playing squad, too many midfielders and no proper left wing back option either

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Playing possession quite clearly has tons to do with it. The evidence of both eyes and the data is blatant. Even the manager has talked about how our current style suits us.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Playing possession quite clearly has tons to do with it. The evidence of both eyes and the data is blatant. Even the manager has talked about how our current style suits us.

you can still play 3 at the back and play possession football. 

But I don't think we have the squad to play 3 at the back given the injuries, squad options in midfield and attacks, etc

5 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

you can still play 3 at the back and play possession football. 

But I don't think we have the squad to play 3 at the back given the injuries, squad options in midfield and attacks, etc

Yes, but if you have not got the players that are good at playing possession, it won't be successful.

Just now, rigger said:

Yes, but if you have not got the players that are good at playing possession, it won't be successful.

agreed. 

You can either play a style that's suits your players or you signed players to fit that style. 

Mowbray might want to play possession style but never really signed players to suit that style of players. 

Our current style of play suits our players and think Counter attacking suits us. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rigger said:

He imposed a system on players who were not able to carry it through.

And he kept imposing it when it was obviously not working and we were leaking goals like a sieve.

Now it feels like they've had their straight-jackets taken off this season and they are enjoying it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 47er said:

He imposed a system on players who were not able to carry it through.

And he kept imposing it when it was obviously not working and we were leaking goals like a sieve.

Now it feels like they've had their straight-jackets taken off this season and they are enjoying it.

It feels to me like he stumbled across our latest style, it wasn’t planned and it’s still not how he’d like to play.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Here is some transfer news

Can't see what either he or Hedges would bring to the party if I'm being honest, they both strike me as not being as good as what we've already got.

I'd be quite enthusiastic if two of the other players we've been linked with Doyle and Maja joined on loan initially to give us extra options though.

• Like 7

30 minutes ago, El Tombro said:

Possibly just logical deals to be made. If we go up, these contracts will be drops in the ocean, even if Lenihan and co sign on again. If we don't go up and Lenihan and co go, then we are always going to need squad players.

Sounds like John Park is at work here, but on paper these look like sensible deals for reasonable players (squad or otherwise) if no transfer fees are involved.

We are in a tricky position where players we sign now may be no good if we go up, but could be great deals if we don’t. I know nothing about the two from the Scottish league, so I’ll reserve judgment as I didn’t know anything about any of our players in recent years before they signed bar Johnson/Downing/Ayala.

35 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Surely we’d only be in for him if Lenihan leaves. 

@J*Byeah believe Kaminski’s is up next summer. 

Why only if Lenihan leaves when Ayala is in jury prone and Van Hecke on loan. Maybe line up as Van Hecke replacement. Souttar is a Scottish international aswell

Yes Kaminski is up this summer BUT Rovers have a 12 months club option to extend his contract. 

10 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Why only if Lenihan leaves when Ayala is in jury prone and Van Hecke on loan. Maybe line up as Van Hecke replacement. Souttar is a Scottish international aswell

Yes Kaminski is up this summer BUT Rovers have a 12 months club option to extend his contract. 

because if Lenihan stays, we have, him ,Wharton, Carter, Pratt, Phillips, Johnson, to cover the three center back positions.  

Edited by rigger