BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer window 2022

12 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

If it goes through, good news if that's the back up RB/RWB sorted.

Pretty terrible news if he's Nyambe's replacement this month.

Why would it be so terrible, you saying you have seen this new player and hes far worse than Nyambe, who by the way is prone to hamstring injuries quite often. Players come and go, none are bigger than the club, Maybe the German is a real gem. i for one will hold my views until i see him play.

Just now, EgyptianPete said:

Why would it be so terrible, you saying you have seen this new player and hes far worse than Nyambe, who by the way is prone to hamstring injuries quite often. Players come and go, none are bigger than the club, Maybe the German is a real gem. i for one will hold my views until i see him play.

So injury prone he's missed 3 games this season?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Spot on. 

Crazy people starting to trust the management after the past 3-4 years of the Conventrio.

Let's also not forget they had Dack sold before he was injured.

The lack of Armstrong replacement too.

That isnt fact that was Dack was sold before he was injured.

Someone saying on here it was happening doesnt make it fact.

I find it very hard to believe that a deal was done for Dack.If true why was he playing in the match he got injured in in the first place.What i do know to be fact is that West Brom had a big money move for Dack rejected confirmed by the West Brom assistant Graeme Jones the previous January

You are criticising the club for something that hasnt even happened yet.

I agree that its a joke we have left it get to the stage where he only has 6 months left on his deal but not one reputable news outlet has reported that Nyambe is close to being sold.

We needed another RB and the noises are we are signing this guy from Berlin.Nyambe has 6 months left, down the line we may need a replacement in the meantime we need competition for that position 

How can we criticise the club for selling Nyambe when nothing of substance suggesting he will be sold this month?

Edited by islander200
  • Like 5

14 hours ago, slowmo said:

How would you have set up then , with the options available , cup game and covid situation ?

I was quite happy to play the squad players supported by the U23s. As I mentioned in a previous post Travis, Magaloire, Buckley have all played there before, given that surely you are better off swapping Dolan and Buckley?

• Like 1

Travis is a brilliant right back, remember seeing him there several times for the academy. 

Nyambe is an important player, whilst he doesn't cross the ball that well or  often usually just checks back, he getting so far up the pitch creates an overload and problems for the opposition.

Shame about the lads contracts, I thnk it's bloody dreadful management, but it is what it is.  If Nyambe is going lets hope this new right back can step in and improve us.

If Nyambe is off then this fella seems a well scouted option to replace him. Perhaps even an improvement but time will tell.

Rothwell is the one to keep, he's irreplaceable. If selling Nyambe meant we could offer Rothwell what he wants I'd take that.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, EgyptianPete said:

Would be terrible news because if it ain't broke don't fix it. We know for a fact Nyambe is an extremely reliable option at Championship level.

This other bloke may be good or he may be fairly useless. Seemingly he can't get in the Hertha side at the moment. He may adapt quickly to the English game or not, he looks quite "enthusiastic" on the clips, might be a walking Red card.  He might not take to living in East Lancs.

However as back up it's probably a very astute move, get him over, see how he settles in, see how good he is, see how the promotion push plays out. If we go up and agree terms with Nyambe and this guy hasn't pulled up any trees then we can send him back alternatively if we don't go up and Nyambe moves on he might have done enough to show he could be a capable replacement.

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, JHRover said:

The 'loan with a view to buy' is typical Waggott. No cash required now, an option without commitment to pay down the line. 

Always tomorrow, just like all his other plans and claims.

Isn't it just - although tbf the loan with an option is probably the best choice for the Dutch lad for the reasons I've outlined above.

What will also be interesting this window is whether we finally end up with a replacement for Armstrong. The talk seems to be that no-one will be sold this window with us sat in 3rd, and there will be a modest amount of money available to bolster the squad as if we should be grateful.

Well so there bloody well should be!  It seems to have been conveniently forgotten already by those at the Club and the local press already that Armstrong was sold for £15m and not replaced (even on loan) and the owners carried out the accounting exercise with the training ground to give us leeway with FFP.

So there SHOULD be plenty of leeway for a permanent Armstrong replacement. I have to say it's badly needed as an injury or dip in form for BB and we're goosed with Gallagher cementing his reputation as a dud with every additional run out.

Will we see it, or will it be a temporary loan soon to be forgotten about once again the minute the season ends? Doesn't matter if said loanee fires us to promotion I suppose. If he doesn't, it's another asset we once had we no longer have.

Let's see if Jocky can come up with anyone this window......

Edited by RevidgeBlue

4 minutes ago, rigger said:

People are mentioning Zeefuik as either, back-up or replacement for Nyambe. I would prefer if he was looked at, as competition for the starting place. 

Yep, keep him on his toes.

Ideally you'd like competent back up in every position.

4 minutes ago, unleaded said:

Like the look of Anthony Scully …. Looks a busy bee like … can play on the wing or in the middle ….Scored lots for the Under 23s for West Ham .. 

Your description fits Sam Burns exactly, just remove West Ham and insert The Rovers

7 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Yep, keep him on his toes.

Ideally you'd like competent back up in every position.

I think the managment have come to the opinion, that due to his injury record JRC is now, not competition for Nyambe. On yesterdays performance Edun has to improve his passing if he is to be competition for the left wing-back position.  In my opinion Dolan would be ideal as the right, wide forward, with a right-wing back.

3 hours ago, JoeH said:

I don’t know if this has already been posted but told that Zeefuik is done. Been at The Avenue for a few days apparently. Financials and particulars sorted just a work permit thing apparently

Thanks Joe for that update

3 hours ago, neophox said:

Think Davenport could do a good job at right back.... anyone agree?

Nope. He is left footed and not a natural full back. He is midfielder so play him there..

2 hours ago, Tugayisgod said:

Him or Elanga who is also available on loan would be great

Cant see us signing either tbh. I would United wanted them gaureentee first team minutes. Rovers shouldn't be doing that. Plus what is their fitness level like and would like fit our formation/style of play. 

12 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Plus what is their fitness level like and would like fit our formation/style of play. 

You could say that about most players we’re in for (the new RB included, fitness wise).

Any loanees we go for are highly unlikely to have been playing every week in the first half of the season. 

2 hours ago, islander200 said:

The sun story was Nyambes place in the team under threat with the arrival of the defender from Berlin.

Didnt suggest any transfer was imminent for Nyambe

Seems like Rovers/Mowbray want a right wing back with better attacking game than Nyambe has so you got competition and options for games. 

Plus loan to potential buy seems a good option. If Rovers seem this guy has Nyambe long term replacement then let's see how he plays and cope with the British game and living here before we commit to buying him. 

Will Nyambe like the competition? And will he Thrive under pressure? We will see. 

36 minutes ago, rigger said:

People are mentioning Zeefuik as either, back-up or replacement for Nyambe. I would prefer if he was looked at, as competition for the starting place. 

I think he is coming in to start or challenge Nyambe for the right wing back spot. 

35 minutes ago, unleaded said:

Like the look of Anthony Scully …. Looks a busy bee like … can play on the wing or in the middle ….Scored lots for the Under 23s for West Ham .. 

Scored a good goal yesterday. We scouted him alot I believe from reports. 

31 minutes ago, Beanie01289 said:

I hope we revist the maja deal this window we should have more loan spots available do foreign loans count towards the number?

You can 5 loans in the match day squad. We currently have 2 plus Poveda. 

19 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Thanks Joe for that update

Nope. He is left footed and not a natural full back. He is midfielder so play him there..

Cant see us signing either tbh. I would United wanted them gaureentee first team minutes. Rovers shouldn't be doing that. Plus what is their fitness level like and would like fit our formation/style of play. 

On you ruling out people out due to them not being suited to our formation/style of play, you have done it with Maja too, werent you saying earlier in the season you are a great believer in us having a plan b or c?

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead

Tell you what, I’m finding it a bit odd that we haven’t sent Poveda back to Leeds.

He appears to be doing his rehab there and seemingly he won’t be back any time soon? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ossydave said:

I wonder if Samba still has contacts at Hertha or if he offered any input regarding Zeefuik? Looking forward to him coming in, even if Nyambe did somehow end up staying. Its our weakest position regardless so we need at least 1 new option there.

Getting the guy in on loan at least is a no brainer, Ideally Namby will stay for the rest of the season as well 

• Like 1

The next week or so should be a good sign of our intent. If we’ve got players in and around Brockhall worth a view to signing, let’s get them done quick.

For the last few windows we’ve seemed to procrastinate and let things drag before frantically scrabbling round for the last couple of hours. We have ended up missing out on targets for whatever reason, and not had enough time to find alternatives. Another example, it seemed to take weeks to get the Tosin loan over the line.

The owners, board and management team all need to recognise the opportunity we currently have, and not let poor decisions and convoluted processes nause up all the hard work so far.

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Tell you what, I’m finding it a bit odd that we haven’t sent Poveda back to Leeds.

He appears to be doing his rehab there and seemingly he won’t be back any time soon? 

From what i read its leeds playing hardball and not agreeing to terminate the deal