BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Dingles

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I am fully aware that we haven't sign anyone and the players we haven't got for the season ahead. 

I disagree that we are playing catch up at all. Broughton has gone to Portugal with the squad I'm sure he is still working on bringing players in but He and Jon Dahl Tomasson said they wanted to look at the squad first and assess it in the training camp. 

Yes some clubs have pick up some good to decent signings which I wish we gone for but I trust JDT and GB to bring in the necessary signings we need. 

I'm sure any signings we made will be first team players rather than squad players but I feel that some of current squad can replace them like Dolan for Khadra and Dack for Rothwell for 2 examples. 

It isn't about how much we trust in Broughton and Tomasson, nor is it a criticism of the plan to evaluate the current crop, that being said the manager will always say that as it will boost the players and it isnt a new soundbite, he has also said that recruitment is ongoing.

We are playing catch up because we went 6 weeks or so without a manager, its pretty much a fact that other teams have had a head start and it isn't a criticism of either of the aforementioned names to say as such. The search didn't need to take 6 weeks, but equally, replacing a manager will always cause delays in recruitment, that isn't a criticism.

We could do with getting some players in ASAP, hopefully we are working hard towards conclusions on that front but I am not too confident that anything is imminent sadly. Quality is the most important thing but we could do with players getting settled in with their new team mates as well. There are 7 games before the window closes, one thing I am sure of is we cannot wait until then.

Also you say Dolan can replace Khadra, but who replaces Dolan?

McNeil won't want to play championship football and he will move on I bet. But we see in the next month. 

How much do you think Collins and Roberts? maybe 15 million for Collins and around 4 million pounds for Roberts

He may not in an ideal world but equally he has come off a poor season and he may be priced out of a move or indeed not attract much serious interest to begin with. The thing is, not EVERY single player at Burnley linked with a move will move, some will and some won't I am sure. It seems they have been very proactive in making headway in the market.

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

It isn't about how much we trust in Broughton and Tomasson, nor is it a criticism of the plan to evaluate the current crop, that being said the manager will always say that as it will boost the players and it isnt a new soundbite, he has also said that recruitment is ongoing.

We are playing catch up because we went 6 weeks or so without a manager, its pretty much a fact that other teams have had a head start and it isn't a criticism of either of the aforementioned names to say as such. The search didn't need to take 6 weeks, but equally, replacing a manager will always cause delays in recruitment, that isn't a criticism.

We could do with getting some players in ASAP, hopefully we are working hard towards conclusions on that front but I am not too confident that anything is imminent sadly. Quality is the most important thing but we could do with players getting settled in with their new team mates as well. There are 7 games before the window closes, one thing I am sure of is we cannot wait until then.

He may not in an ideal world but equally he has come off a poor season and he may be priced out of a move or indeed not attract much serious interest to begin with. The thing is, not EVERY single player at Burnley linked with a move will move, some will and some won't I am sure. It seems they have been very proactive in making headway in the market.

They were waiting for a manager as long as us. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

McNeil won't want to play championship football and he will move on I bet. But we see in the next month. 

How much do you think Collins and Roberts? maybe 15 million for Collins and around 4 million pounds for Roberts

McNeill will play championship football unless someone comes in to buy him. He managed 1 assist last year and zero goals. 2 years on his deal with an option for the club on another year. I realise you think we should give all our players away but we would want a decent fee for him.

As for 15 for Collins - I’ll assume that’s a joke. We paid 12.5 for him and he’s got 3 years left on his deal. I’ll be very disappointed if we sell for 15. 20 with some serious add ons. Roberts, well we paid 2.5 for him and he was ‘only’ a Championship player. He’s also got 3 years left on his deal. Again I’d be disappointed if we settled for anything less than 8 milion.

McNeill and Collins both only 22 as well so  will require a premium to get us to sell I hope.

2 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Yes the head coach JDT has said he has had meetings over recruitment with Gregg Broughton. They will be targeting players I think we wouldn't be under Mowbray. 

We have to disagree on the catch up point. The head of recruitment and recruitment staff were still doing their jobs in scouting and watching players. That didn't stop cos Mowbray and Venus left the club. GB has praised the work John Park has done in scouting players. I think you are underplaying the part that JDT wants to evulate the current players and including the young players he took to Portugal with him. 

We sign players when we sign them. I would rather get the right players in then rush and make a crap signing. I don't expect anything this week. JDT will want to assess the squad and see whether he thinks the younger players will be part of the first team squad for this season. I think we are still talking to clubs and players plus carry on scouting and looking in depth on potential signings. 

that were need a signing and I have have said so in my post what we need to do on recruitment. 

Correct not every player will move but I have seen West Ham and Spurs linked a couple of weeks ago. 

2 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

They were waiting for a manager as long as us. 

Wrong there. Kompany was selected as the permanent choice to replace Dyche weeks before he got his work permit when he had problems getting. So I would have thought he would have been working on potential targets during that period. 

1 hour ago, longsiders1882 said:

McNeill will play championship football unless someone comes in to buy him. He managed 1 assist last year and zero goals. 2 years on his deal with an option for the club on another year. I realise you think we should give all our players away but we would want a decent fee for him.

As for 15 for Collins - I’ll assume that’s a joke. We paid 12.5 for him and he’s got 3 years left on his deal. I’ll be very disappointed if we sell for 15. 20 with some serious add ons. Roberts, well we paid 2.5 for him and he was ‘only’ a Championship player. He’s also got 3 years left on his deal. Again I’d be disappointed if we settled for anything less than 8 milion.

McNeill and Collins both only 22 as well so  will require a premium to get us to sell I hope.

McNeil had a tough season last season granted. 

Not really at all. You got relegated which means that the price drops despite the price. 

You were of the opinion that you would get more for Pope but you didn't 

32 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Wrong there. Kompany was selected as the permanent choice to replace Dyche weeks before he got his work permit when he had problems getting. So I would have thought he would have been working on potential targets during that period. 

Not really at all. You got relegated which means that the price drops despite the price. 

Collins is one of the most talked about and promising centre halves in the country, I think they’ll get more than 15 million for him. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Yes the head coach JDT has said he has had meetings over recruitment with Gregg Broughton. They will be targeting players I think we wouldn't be under Mowbray. 

We have to disagree on the catch up point. The head of recruitment and recruitment staff were still doing their jobs in scouting and watching players. That didn't stop cos Mowbray and Venus left the club. GB has praised the work John Park has done in scouting players. I think you are underplaying the part that JDT wants to evulate the current players and including the young players he took to Portugal with him. 

We sign players when we sign them. I would rather get the right players in then rush and make a crap signing. I don't expect anything this week. JDT will want to assess the squad and see whether he thinks the younger players will be part of the first team squad for this season. I think we are still talking to clubs and players plus carry on scouting and looking in depth on potential signings. 

that were need a signing and I have have said so in my post what we need to do on recruitment. 

Correct not every player will move but I have seen West Ham and Spurs linked a couple of weeks ago. 

We did have to catch up, its not even a debate! We had 6 weeks without a manager and indeed the director of football who is working with him, therefore for 6 weeks we couldn't sign anyone whereas others could and did. Any team who changes manager will likely have to play catch up. It's not even a criticism.

I never said that we should rush signings, you typically are putting words in my mouth. We need quality but ideally the sooner the better to get them integrated within our team ahead of the season.

Anyway, this thread is about Burnley and where necessary, your biased ramblings about how doomed they are.

28 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

We did have to catch up, its not even a debate! We had 6 weeks without a manager and indeed the director of football who is working with him, therefore for 6 weeks we couldn't sign anyone whereas others could and did. Any team who changes manager will likely have to play catch up. It's not even a criticism.

The club recruitment team would have been still working even without a head coach in place. Yes we miss one and two would have like here like Kane Wilson who went to Bristol City but I don't think we missed out on alot of players

37 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Anyway, this thread is about Burnley and where necessary, your biased ramblings about how doomed they are.

More words in my mouth with this biased nonsense. I posted my opinion on them that is all. 

39 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Biased? 
Erm, yes, this is a forum for Rovers supporters after all 

You may enjoy taking on the contrarian role but most of us relish in the opportunity to give Burnley and their fans a bit of crap

So Burnley are doomed. They always have been. And Collins will go for peanuts because the monkeys at Burnley need feeding 

Good on you Chad, at least you know the side you are on 👍

• Like 3

I hadn’t factored in Popes contract situation and got it wrong there. You like to quote press links that ‘prove’ we are going to lose all our players for peanuts. Well according to  the same press we have slapped a 40 million price tag on Collins. I don’t accept relegation automatically drops the value of a player.

2 hours ago, Butty said:

Collins is one of the most talked about and promising centre halves in the country, I think they’ll get more than 15 million for him. 

Exactly this - and rightly so. As a ball playing defender he’s as good as I’ve seen at 22. I’ve no doubt we won’t get 40 for him but not a chance in hell he’ll go for 15.

Edited by longsiders1882
To make him a ball rather than baby playing defender

Even if Burnley have to replace half of their first team, they'll still be left with half a team of Premiership experience and quality.

Supplement that with solid Championship level signings - which they appear to be doing - and they'll be one of the teams to beat.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Wheelton Blue said:

Even if Burnley have to replace half of their first team, they'll still be left with half a team of Premiership experience and quality.

Supplement that with solid Championship level signings - which they appear to be doing - and they'll be one of the teams to beat.

If they had a team of premier league quality they wouldn’t have gone down.

When you then remove (sell) their better players, the ones left simply can’t be premier league quality.

Fulham bounced back but spent £15mill on Wilson and Chalobah.

Edited by Hasta

5 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Of course and as a result they were also playing catch up on most of the division. Seemingly they are very much in the process of catching up but I suppose they have more money which helps.

They were in discussions with Kompany when they were in the Prem.

They've been waiting for i's to be dotted and t's to be crossed. I'm sure they were discussing transfer plans during that time.

We didn't know who JDT was until Broughton was hired. It's a different kettle of fish entirely.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wheelton Blue said:

If they other half were Premier League quality then why do they go down. They have lost Pope, Mee and Tarnowski already. I would expect 4 or 5 more will go. 

Well so far they have signed Scott Twine and supposedly to close to signing an Oxford centre back and Rotherham midfielder. So don't seem where you get this assumption they are signing solid championship level signings? 

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

If they other half were Premier League quality then why do they go down. They have lost Pope, Mee and Tarnowski already. I would expect 4 or 5 more will go. 

Well so far they have signed Scott Twine and supposedly to close to signing an Oxford centre back and Rotherham midfielder. So don't seem where you get this assumption they are signing solid championship level signings? 

Their squad of players spent 7 or so seasons in the Premier League, so they won't be mugs, put it that way.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

They were in discussions with Kompany when they were in the Prem.

They've been waiting for i's to be dotted and t's to be crossed. I'm sure they were discussing transfer plans during that time.

We didn't know who JDT was until Broughton was hired. It's a different kettle of fish entirely.

The only part that could be subject to any criticism is the time taken to appoint both people, especially considering that it was seemingly known internally that Mowbray was to leave this summer.

My point was just that whenever a club changes manager, they will be playing catch up in the market with the new man/men wanting their own players etc. By the time our recruitment process restarted, many/most teams will have made progess with quite a few getting deals over the line. That specific point wasnt a criticism. If indeed Kompany was aware of his appointment before Tomasson, then the latter is naturally playing catch up.

15 minutes ago, Wheelton Blue said:

Their squad of players spent 7 or so seasons in the Premier League, so they won't be mugs, put it that way.

Yes they did but went down last season for various reasons including quality of their squad and Dyche lack of plan B

17 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Yes they did but went down last season for various reasons including quality of their squad and Dyche lack of plan B

What's funny is that his plan A would have got them straight back up.

• Like 3