BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Dingles

10 hours ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

One bloke and his six year old son eh...fair game for many in today's sad,coked up society.

Hope your bad experience doesn't put you off mate.

No it hasn’t but it’s made me think twice about getting the train. Or at least wearing our colours. As I say it didn’t seem to register with my lad but on another day it could have put him off football for good. Thankfully they play this coming Friday night so hopefully a bit more of a quiet journey on Saturday for Bristol City game.

It’s made me think twice about getting a ticket for the Turf Moor match, depending on what the travel arrangements are. 

Preston station is known as a potential trouble spot on a Match day in the North West,thousands of football fans from different clubs can converge on the place to their different local destinations.The Police must have their work cut out Saturday afternoon at that gaff...been some nasty incidents and close calls down the years I bet.

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194

9 hours ago, longsiders1882 said:

I’m really sorry this happened to you. It’s needless at any time and even more so when it’s just a dad and his lad on their way home. We sadly clearly have a selection of brain dead, coked up fans who are a disgrace. I can’t comment on other teams but I do sadly fear it’s more common in the game today then it was for a while - and growing again. 

As a fellow Claret, 100% agree ... sorry to hear about this !

• Like 3

8 hours ago, J*B said:

Some very odd Stoke fans yesterday as well. 20-25 of them walking down Bolton Road pre-game singing the incredibly inventive song: “go on Stoke, go on Stoke”, the slightly odd “you can stick your fucking horses up your arse” to the police and the confused “where’s the Blackburn suicide?” to families walking down to the game, trying to provoke a punch up. They also jumped the barriers and tried to get into the Jack Walker lower when they scored. Very very odd. 

Stoke is a very strange place with some strange people. 

Lapsed security at the asylum maybe?

12 hours ago, Upside Down said:

Stoke is a very strange place with some strange people. 

Lapsed security at the asylum maybe?

There was a lad I used to know at Uni and he used to always refer to his home as "the potteries" like it was some weird cult. He was also a tw@t of the highest order. I can't explain how annoying the guy was. What a f***ing intolerable wretch. Not a week went by without someone wanted to slap him.

I didn't know they were all like that.

3 hours ago, Norbert Rassragr said:

He sounds like the kind of nob that would be proud of that. I'm sure Robbie is upset about it in his mansion with his family.

He was the sort of guy who tried to get off with everyone's girlfriends and tried to turn people against each other. He'd tell people's girlfriends that their boyfriends had cheated, stuff like that. Just a really awful snobby little sociopath. He was being a pest with someone's missus one night then claimed he was going to knock her boyfriend out (her boyfriend was supposed to be a pal of his too). After dark the lad went after him. When confronted about it he was almost crying and begged for forgiveness. This is the same lad who led the charge against Take That era Robbie Williams on the mean streets of Stoke.

Didn't stop him to continue being a complete dick though. I was only there a year but mutual friends always bring up memories of him stirring up shit.

On 27/08/2022 at 20:50, robbo_rovers said:

Long time viewer but don’t really post very much. However thought I’d share my experience today. Me and my 6 year are season ticket holders and often travel to the games by train (from Oxenholme). To be honest I hadn’t clocked until yesterday that Burnley were at Wigan. So we get to Preston and hoards of Burnley fans are waiting to get on. We’ve both got our Rovers shirts on so expecting some ‘banter’. Probably a good hundred fans chanting the w word at me. Oh and songs about Jack Walker. Anyway my lad didn’t really clock and assumed it was just rowdy football fans.

However the train back was a different story. Waiting at platform 3 at Preston and the Burnley fans are across on platform 2. Some more chanting, and then their train is moved onto our platform. So me and my lad end up with dozens of Burnley fans screaming in our faces about all sorts. Luckily some staff saw what was happening and took us to one side away from it all. Oh and some

more songs about Jack Walker. To be fair a couple of their fans came over and apologised for what was happening.

I’m not from Blackburn so maybe I don’t quite understand the rivalry as a lot of you do. But surely if you see a Burnley fan with his 6 year old son you wouldn’t think screaming in their faces was acceptable? Some of these were fully grown men as well who probably have kids of their own. I know every fanbase have their idiots but surely they must have more than most? It definitely wasn’t a minority. 

Maybe I’m just being a bit of a snowflake. If it was me on my own I wouldn’t have thought too much about it. Luckily my boy didn’t seem too phased by it. Either that or he’s stronger mentally than I realise!

I saw a Burnley fan on Twitter bragging about 'terrorising' Rovers fans at the station like he was some sort of hard man. As with most of these type of people, it seems his 'bravery' extended to shouting at random people and acting like a pillock. Hope it doesn't put you or the little one off following the team in future. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, longsiders1882 said:

I know you warned me about Luton practicing the dark arts but you should have mentioned Millwall. Time wasting and dirty fouls from the whistle. Not sure how they only got 3 yellows. I thought PL refs were poor but this guy was woeful.

Championship refs should be registered blind, thick or crooked.

For our match with Stoke at the weekend we had a ref who decided to blow up to give us a free kick TWICE when we were in the box in a goalscoring position, missed a penalty, kept booking Rovers players when one of our players was the victim of GBH.

Then Stoke decided to timewaste right from kicking off the second half. Every few minutes a Stoke player would be rolling around on the pitch for a few minutes. In the last ten minutes two Stoke players threw themselves to the ground at exactly the same time feigning cramp.

Injury time comes... 5 minutes added on.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, longsiders1882 said:

I know you warned me about Luton practicing the dark arts but you should have mentioned Millwall. Time wasting and dirty fouls from the whistle. Not sure how they only got 3 yellows. I thought PL refs were poor but this guy was woeful.

Yeah the refs down here are gash and getting worse in my opinion. 

18 hours ago, booth said:

Championship refs should be registered blind, thick or crooked.

For our match with Stoke at the weekend we had a ref who decided to blow up to give us a free kick TWICE when we were in the box in a goalscoring position, missed a penalty, kept booking Rovers players when one of our players was the victim of GBH.

Then Stoke decided to timewaste right from kicking off the second half. Every few minutes a Stoke player would be rolling around on the pitch for a few minutes. In the last ten minutes two Stoke players threw themselves to the ground at exactly the same time feigning cramp.

Injury time comes... 5 minutes added on.

Last night the ref gave a free kick to Blackpool outside the box when it was their player that fouled their other player. Also, either missed a blatant stamp on Travis ankle or chose to ignore it when its a red card. 

1 hour ago, JacknOry said:

Last night the ref gave a free kick to Blackpool outside the box when it was their player that fouled their other player. Also, either missed a blatant stamp on Travis ankle or chose to ignore it when its a red card. 

I saw both those - also failed to give Blackpool a penalty when your defender hauled their player down in the box - and this was in the refs direct line of sight. Also noticed a few cyclical fouls from your players to stop them breaking. Maybe VAR isn’t entirely the devil after all 😂

I saw both those - also failed to give Blackpool a penalty when your defender hauled their player down in the box - and this was in the refs direct line of sight. Also noticed a few cyclical fouls from your players to stop them breaking. Maybe VAR isn’t entirely the devil after all 😂

We dont talk about those though. None would have happened if their guy got sent off lol

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

We dont talk about those though. None would have happened if their guy got sent off lol

True story lol.

Actually thought you put in a good performance and should have scored at least one more. Diaz was a more rounded player than I exepcted, keeping him today has to be your goal. Think "t'classico" could be an interesting one this year, contrasting styles. Not sure your midfiled will get quite the easy ride they did last night but your high press was very good, really effective and that could be problematic for us to say the least.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

True story lol.

Actually thought you put in a good performance and should have scored at least one more. Diaz was a more rounded player than I exepcted, keeping him today has to be your goal. Think "t'classico" could be an interesting one this year, contrasting styles. Not sure your midfiled will get quite the easy ride they did last night but your high press was very good, really effective and that could be problematic for us to say the least.

Definitely our best performance of the season in terms of how we played and chances created. Didnt get as many goals as we'd have liked and that needs addressing. Diaz is clinical - and the only one we have that is. Its too late now to seel unless they have someone already lined up to come in. Without him we do nothing this season. 

What did you think of our professional debut boy?  

Not sure about the penalty mate, what was our guy supposed to do with a Sumo Wrestler ? Six of one, half a dozen of the other to me.

The derbies should be good - our home boys versus your foreign legion.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

Definitely our best performance of the season in terms of how we played and chances created. Didnt get as many goals as we'd have liked and that needs addressing. Diaz is clinical - and the only one we have that is. Its too late now to seel unless they have someone already lined up to come in. Without him we do nothing this season. 

What did you think of our professional debut boy?  

Was he the young lad in midfield, Wharton? He was really good, I was surprised it was his debut, he looked very calm.  He might find Cork/Cullen/Brownhill a little more difficult to cope with but you’d imagine he has a bright future ahead of him.

1 minute ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Not sure about the penalty mate, what was our guy supposed to do with a Sumo Wrestler ?

Stonewall penalty mate. Not saying there weren’t other incidents with that player during the game but on that one, you would have been furious if the boot was on the other foot and the penalty wasn’t given - unlike the one where your lad took a dive in the box 😂