BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Dingles

Behave Phil. No chance. 

I doubt Rovers fans will be allowed in the DEnd anyway, but let’s presume they were. So that’s 2k away fans, 9k ST holders. So 20,000 walk on tickets to sell to home fans at £30-£35 a pop for a Sky midweek game. 

I doubt there will even be a need to open the BEnd Upper.

I’d wager about 16k/17k unless they do something drastic with home ticket prices through the 1875 club.

31k, think you’ve been in Malta too long  😁

• Like 1

2 hours ago, goozburger said:

Not sure this is the smartest thing for someone to do, but a Dingle supporter called Rick Muller claims he has secured tickets for him and his two adult children in the "home end". Hopefully the club will be shit-hot on this and rat out any silly idiots from up the road getting in the home ends. I'm not sure how, but I suspect it will be a problem on the day.

Best of luck with that Rick Muller!!🤣

We haven't announced prices yet have we? I know we have for the away end, which I presume will be applied around the ground. Not sure they are allowed to price cheaper in the home ends if the view is identical, so you'd assume BBE is £30 too. Plus, any more discounts and suddenly the 5 for £99 is more expensive than buying individually.

I hope we get a good attendance in. No chance we sell out Ewood, I don't think we'd have sold it out with 7,000 Burnley fans there. We should really be getting 20k home fans in for this one, I appreciate it may be a touch ambitious but Burnley had 19k vs us and the fans have a team worth supporting in what is a huge local derby. 

1 hour ago, philipl said:

Surely this game can fill Ewood to its 31,000 capacity?

Earth calling planet philipl.....

With their allocation cut and on the box on a Weds night we'll be pleased to hit 20k where the hell are 29 thousand home fans suddenly going to appear from.

I take it you're on the wind up, if not you should do comedy instead.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, smiller14 said:

We haven't announced prices yet have we? I know we have for the away end, which I presume will be applied around the ground. Not sure they are allowed to price cheaper in the home ends if the view is identical, so you'd assume BBE is £30 too. Plus, any more discounts and suddenly the 5 for £99 is more expensive than buying individually.

I hope we get a good attendance in. No chance we sell out Ewood, I don't think we'd have sold it out with 7,000 Burnley fans there. We should really be getting 20k home fans in for this one, I appreciate it may be a touch ambitious but Burnley had 19k vs us and the fans have a team worth supporting in what is a huge local derby. 

This is exactly what happened last season, they did a final five bundle for £99, but if you bought the last 5 games individually they would have cost you £90.

Can see the same happening again this season if the Luton game is a crucial one.

Final Five this season - £99

Individually - Norwich £20, Hull £15, Burnley £30, Coventry £20, Luton £? (£25 at the minute but who knows if we need a result)

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, smiller14 said:

Burnley have 14k ST holders, so much easier for them to get 19k fans in (only needed to sell 5k walk ons) than us with 9k ST holders.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, MarkBRFC said:

This is exactly what happened last season, they did a final five bundle for £99, but if you bought the last 5 games individually they would have cost you £90.

Can see the same happening again this season if the Luton game is a crucial one.

Final Five this season - £99

Individually - Norwich £20, Hull £15, Burnley £30, Coventry £20, Luton £? (£25 at the minute but who knows if we need a result)

Another example to why bundles are a waste of time… yet they keep on doing them (and keep on selling bugger all of them).

Even when Souness was boss and we hadn't played them at Ewood for 20 years and we were going for automatic promotion it was nowhere near full.

Granted there were a lot of restrictions on that one and they got about 4.5k but it was only around 23k i think.

Only one that could be considered a full house was the FA cup replay in 2005ish and why ?   That's right it was discounted tickets, they had 6,900 and we were a Prem side averaging 20 thousand home fans.

Ewood is too big and the tickets aren't cheap besides outside of the two clubs fanbases nobody cares about this it's not like Liverpool coming to town with all their local glory hunters.

5 hours ago, Hasta said:

And as I keep saying, Norwich, Coventry and Luton are equally as important to our league position so if the reason is because it is to our benefit why are we giving those teams as many as they can sell. 

I've no idea,you'll have to ask those making the decisions. 

I'd hazard a guess it's more about safety, no doubt the compulsory bus travel being scrapped has had an impact. 

Edited by M_B

Fans who have joined the1875 club will get a discount, however there are only around 2,000 or so members. Many of these are also ST holders.

As for splitting the DE, that definately won't happen now as their 2,000 tickets are spread across the back of the lower tier.

Only thing they could do is ‘Join 1875 today and get your ticket for £15’ (they won’t)

Ergo it will be empty seats galore, and the country will think ‘eh? massive derby? Why’s it half empty then?’

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

£20  tickets, no bubble, Weds night FA cup replay 2005.....  28k full house with limited segregation, proper derby and atmosphere played live to the nation.

The club now is run by poundshop operators whose mentality never extends beyond a gate of 20 thousand, that goes for the policing as well.

This fixture has been squeezed to death down the years and this is what's left.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, tomphil said:

£20  tickets, no bubble, Weds night FA cup replay 2005.....  28k full house with limited segregation, proper derby and atmosphere played live to the nation.

The club now is run by poundshop operators whose mentality never extends beyond a gate of 20 thousand, that goes for the policing as well.

This fixture has been squeezed to death down the years and this is what's left.

Its so fucking easy, yet they still fuck it up beyond belief. 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Hasta said:

And as I keep saying, Norwich, Coventry and Luton are equally as important to our league position so if the reason is because it is to our benefit why are we giving those teams as many as they can sell ?

Good point ! In one respect perhaps even more important as they are the proverbial " 6 pointers " ! In addition it's a shocking look on television, with acres of empty seats on display ... It might be an interesting conversation when Mr Waggott next rings India asking for an injection of funds,

" I understand you've just turned down 5,000 fans paying £30 a pop plus catering sales ... because your precious players don't want too many people shouting at them, I suppose you want us to provide this money instead ? "

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, sympatheticclaret said:

Good point ! In one respect perhaps even more important as they are the proverbial " 6 pointers " ! In addition it's a shocking look on television, with acres of empty seats on display ... It might be an interesting conversation when Mr Waggott next rings India asking for an injection of funds,

" I understand you've just turned down 5,000 fans paying £30 a pop plus catering sales ... because your precious players don't want too many people shouting at them, I suppose you want us to provide this money instead ? "

Sadly and because of some half witted fuktards it would have been offset against £100k of damage again!

24 minutes ago, sympatheticclaret said:

A few RINOs may care what a Dingle thinks, most don't give a single fuck.

My hope is that Waggott kept your shit at a minimum out of pure spite which if accurate gets him a extra brownie point.

• Like 9