BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Millwall (h) - Saturday 19th February

4 minutes ago, Darrenbot said:

Unless they've been on the pitch they haven't got much more idea than anyone else how bad the surface was.

What if they’d spoke personally to Rovers staff/players that had been? 

Have a read back, it may make interesting reading. 

Edited by Gav

17 minutes ago, speedies gonna get ya. said:

Sorry darrenrover. Not trying to be a clever sod. I'm just intrigued where your misplaced certainty came from? We have huge issues with the pitch infrastructure.

He also said tickets were flying out, also BS.

Think he needs a new mole…

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Seems strange that they (according to Waggott) won't sanction a relatively small investment of c £2.5m in the pitch when amongst other things they're prepared to inject £30m into the Club to cover losses during a pandemic and forgo fees for Lenihan/Nyambe/Rothwell etc.......

But then I supposse you can believe every word Waggott says.

Just ask Andy Cole.

Especially strange since infrastructure costs are exempted from FFP calculations. We are always told they're happy to sign cheques. Well, them not investing heavily in the playing squad can be explained due to FFP, but things like this just show that really, what they're bothered about is losing money hand over fist, and FFP is a convenient excuse.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mattyblue said:

He also said tickets were flying out, also BS.

Think he needs a new mole…

To be fair i think he was just trying to encourage more people to get down to the match,with the way they've been playing lately they need all the backing they can get to get them going again.

Just now, Darrenbot said:

To be fair i think he was just trying to encourage more people to get down to the match,with the way they've been playing lately they need all the backing they can get to get them going again.

No, he said the club had told him they were flying out.

A quick look on the map will obviously tell you otherwise. 

Always good to have ITK-ers on, but just making stuff up that can easily be proved wrong is a bit odd…

• Like 2

Just heard TMs comment about ref made decision with "a lot of thought" and he gave it "an hours time to see" what it looked like.

Has there been a lack of communication? "Game on" to me means game will be played as schedule but TM implies the ref was still thinking between 1230pm and 215pm. One to look out for in future pitch inspections, we'll have to wait for official one 45 minutes before KO. An example of EFL having no respect for fans imo.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Mattyblue said:

No, he said the club had told him they were flying out.

A quick look on the map will obviously tell you otherwise. 

Always good to have ITK-ers on, but just making stuff up that can easily be proved wrong is a bit odd…

Compared to how quick we usually sell home tickets they were flying lol

1 minute ago, Cherry Blue said:

Just heard TMs comment about ref made decision with "a lot of thought" and he gave it "an hours time to see" what it looked like.

Has there been a lack of communication? "Game on" to me means game will be played as schedule but TM implies the ref was still thinking between 1230pm and 215pm. One to look out for in future pitch inspections, we'll have to wait for official one 45 minutes before KO. An example of EFL having no respect for fans imo.

Everything needs to be explained in lots of detail at the next fans forum,they've ended up today with thousands of fans travelling from the time they said it was on up until they suddenly said there was another inspection at 2.15.You cant say game on one min then suddenly say oh maybe not an hr later,for me it's another example of how shitty the club is run these days.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Gav said:

The club doesn’t make the decision the ref does.

The club are responsible to provide a safe and good quality playing surface.

Obviously the level detioriates down the pyramid but then we were the only club in the top 2 divisions to fail. #blametheref

It's amazing how many of our fans simply accept the dumbed down Rovers.

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, Gav said:

The club doesn’t make the decision the ref does.

The point is that if the pitch upkeep wasn't done on the cheap it would mean the pitch could cope with adverse weather, as all our local neighbours managed today. Then the ref wouldn't have a decision to make. 

• Like 2

Just now, matt83 said:

It just seems too coincidental that when we were a properly run club these issues didn’t seem to happen. In fact I’m sure the pitch used to win awards.

Now we’re a tin pot seat of our pants organisation suddenly we can’t get the pitch to drain and the playing surface is far too often a topic of discussion. It’s the same river behind and the same drainage system. So what’s different other than 12 years of neglect in every aspect of the club. 

100% this

• Like 1

Last time I checked referees don't call games off at 2:15pm unless they have to e.g. there is a serious issue with the playing surface.

I agree it is baffling how the referee could be apparently happy with the surface at 12:30 and then 90 minutes later it is so poor the game cannot start especially given the lack of rain/snow after 12:30 but that is by the by.

We have joined esteemed company today along with the likes of Salford, Harrogate and Fleetwood as the only FL sides to fail to start due to the snow. 

It seems some people want to make this into some elaborate conspiracy about the referee. I do my fair share of criticising the officials and make no apology for that but even I am struggling to see a good reason why the referee would call the game off without good reason. 

Assuming he didn't, and assuming the pitch was actually in a dire condition at 2:15 then we have to turn our attentions to the other issue here which is how/why Blackburn Rovers' once standard setting pitch is now struggling to cope with a few hours of snow and resulting in games getting called off. Lets remember it is a little over 12 months since heavy rain put paid to our home game v Swansea and we got the BS from Waggott about a new surface coming in the summer. 

This is a long running issue IMO. Caused by neglect and limited investment over many years.

The focus should be on those running the club - owners and executives - whose decisions have let to this embarrassing situation. 

Some of us have been warning about this over many years. Now the outcome is there for all to see.

Venkys Out. Waggott Out.

• Like 7

21 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Give it a rest Gav.  We can't even have the hand railings at Brockhall fixed into the ground....it came off in Gallys hand 6 months ago and its still just laid by a bush in the car park...the club is run by a shyte.

Let me fill you in on the gaps.

We've already established Venkys refused to upgrade the pitch in the summer, it’s well documented and no real surprise. Todays postponement was probably a result of that, but the ref makes that decision, not the club.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Miller11 said:

FullSizeRender.MOV 7.24 MB · 28 downloads  

Ref checking the bounce and doing his inspection just before calling it off. Make of it what you will, could only upload a short file

Why the hell did he pick a spot where there was a load of snow to test it when there was still time to scrape that off? I can't tell if it lands on the snow, the grass, or half and half. But either way it clearly wasn't the best spot to pick.

Also, that bounce still looks playable to me.

2 minutes ago, Gav said:

Let me fill you in on the gaps.

We've already established Venkys refused to upgrade the pitch in the summer, it’s well documented and no real surprise. Todays postponement was probably a result of that, but the ref makes that decision, not the club.

Not sure what gaps that filled in. You merely quoted something you say is well documented, then speculate.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bluebruce said:

Not sure what gaps that filled in. You merely quoted something you say is well documented, then speculate.

We’ve had quotes from minutes of a club meeting posted, centred around the pitch, has that filled a gap? 

Edited by Gav