BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Millwall (h) - Saturday 19th February

£25 for 2 forthcoming games, a great offer IMO......Negative is, there should have been the foresight for these 2 fixtures, 2 months ago in an 'Operation to fill Ewood' which was mentioned and discussed within the corridors but c'est la vie!

Why just The Darwen End, Fuck only knows!?

Please everyone, do your utmost and make the most of this offer if you don't already have tickets. It really could be key!!

Please, please get behind our young and up and coming team, particularly in the remaining home fixtures, I KNOW that your support means so much to them!

Best, in hope, 'darrenrover'.

WATR!!!

• Like 5

43 minutes ago, darrenrover said:

£25 for 2 forthcoming games, a great offer IMO......Negative is, there should have been the foresight for these 2 fixtures, 2 months ago in an 'Operation to fill Ewood' which was mentioned and discussed within the corridors but c'est la vie!

Why just The Darwen End, Fuck only knows!?

Please everyone, do your utmost and make the most of this offer if you don't already have tickets. It really could be key!!

Please, please get behind our young and up and coming team, particularly in the remaining home fixtures, I KNOW that your support means so much to them!

Best, in hope, 'darrenrover'.

WATR!!!

The only thing I can think of, why the offer is for the Darwen end only. Is because there are no season ticket holders to upset in the Darwen end. I've got my ticket.  

• Like 3

14 hours ago, darrenrover said:

The trouble is the 'corridors' are almost empty - inhabited by Cheston and Waggott. Not exactly a dynamic duo. 

Venky's have continually failed the club in many ways and not putting a decent boardroom infrastructure in place has been a major hinderance. 

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

Sounds like Swag has got some master plan in his head of replicating the Blackburn End behind the other goal.

But considering bundles don’t usually sell well when you can sit anywhere, they certainly won’t when it’s one tier of one stand. 

I don't think they see it as a replication but the team management would certainly like there to be Rovers fans at both ends of the ground.

11 minutes ago, only2garners said:

I don't think they see it as a replication but the team management would certainly like there to be Rovers fans at both ends of the ground.

We had Rovers fans behind both goals when Waggott rocked up and he ended up closing one of them.

• Like 6

16 minutes ago, only2garners said:

Wouldn’t we all, but let’s get crowds up substantially for a sustained period first and making existing home areas ‘feel’ fuller, before we start spreading those attending thinner over more large areas.

Given we have Sheff Utd and Fulham away coming up - Sandwiched between is QPR at home - this has to be seen as a must win. No: "a draw isn't bad", "we'll put the point in the bag and move on", "Millwall are a decent side". We need to return to scoring and winning ways before we're out of the play-off positions, which lets face it will be quite likely if we don't get a win this Saturday due to the next three fixtures. Win this and who knows where that momentum takes us for those three very tough matches.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!
  • Like 4

Praying for 3 points in this one. Tony says we'll have Darragh back which is good, hoping to see the following team;

image.png.d5543649558b6e52cbb4c48cb32969cd.png

A draw isn't enough if we're looking to remain in the top 6, Millwall aren't to be taken too lightly either - they beat WBA 2-0 only a couple of weeks ago.

Last night wasn't the most frustrating performance we've put out in recent weeks - hopefully we can build on that and grab a win on Saturday.

• Like 3

I think if we do get a goal, whether it goes in off someone's arse or if its a 30 yard screamer, more will follow.  Things like that get inside players heads and the longer it drags on the more confidence drops.

Agree with other comments, I think we've hit must win status with this one given the games coming up.

I think we'll do it 2-0.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

Don’t think I’d fancy sitting in the Darwen End with all the Millwall fans directly overhead!

I presume that they won't be un less they bring more than 1,500 (very unlikely) or we sell more than 2,500 (again unlikely). Although you would imagine that most of those buying tickets will buy in the Darwen End unless they can't make the QPR game anyway.

• Herbie6590 changed the title to v Millwall (h) - Saturday 19th February
  • Herbie6590 pinned this topic

I just hope the ticket office are saying to all callers that they may as well have 2 for the same price.

I agree that it needed to be announced a fortnight earlier, but these things need planning 6 weeks in advance, and at that point none of us thought it would be a problem selling tickets by Feb.

They may have to do a last 6 games for £70 ticket. 

That's the only way we'll get to 17000 Rovers fans. 

One way we'll get more in on Saturday is for all ticket-holders to actually attend. 

I've been offered sooo many tickets for every game since Xmas, we really need the fan base to realise that they can make a tangible difference to results. So many season-ticket holders have stayed at home to watch the televised games. 

This isn't a criticism of fans that genuinely can't make it(I don't wanna get embroiled in that discussion), just a personal hope that we all do our bit to get the team back on the rails. I think they deserve it. 

So many factors have impacted what was a steady rise in attendances. Weather, Sky, dodgy form, night matches, etc., all conspired to interrupt our off-field momentum. (Weather on Sat won't help the numbers 😒).

It's the defining game of our season (ok, the 2nd half of our season 🙂).

A delight to have a 3pm Saturday game. Atmosphere will be apprehensive and optimistic!