BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Millwall (h) - Saturday 19th February

25 minutes ago, darrenrover said:

If only tickets had been on sale earlier at £12.50 for 2 key games at the business end of the season, eh?

You never know, even folk from Sussex may have been tempted to attend a home game at a critical part of the season.

It is what it is and if true, Rovers 'fans' need to pull their fingers out, stop whinging and attend a home game when it really matters and when cost IS NOT an excuse.

Or maybe not offer bundles that have been repeatedly shown year after year to not sell well?

• Like 3

As usual it's just a shot in the dark they haven't given it enough thought, have they now just employed somebody to come up with these ideas ?  

It's a good deal especially when you look at the prices for younger people but it was never going to get big numbers in the DE.  You need cheap one off deals to get 2 or 3 thousand extra in there. 

That's a proven fact as is bundles don't work so sadly i think this will fall a bit flat. A shame but not a surprise at all however if they get a thousand plus in half the DE lower fair play. 

Absolutely pointless if they are scattered all across the expanse of 5k seats.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, tomphil said:

As usual it's just a shot in the dark they haven't given it enough thought, have they now just employed somebody to come up with these ideas ?  

It's a good deal especially when you look at the prices for younger people but it was never going to get big numbers in the DE.  You need cheap one off deals to get 2 or 3 thousand extra in there. 

That's a proven fact as is bundles don't work so sadly i think this will fall a bit flat. A shame but not a surprise at all however if they get a thousand plus in half the DE lower fair play. 

Absolutely pointless if they are scattered all across the expanse of 5k seats.

However, on 2nd January had we publicised Millwall at home 19th February £15 Adults, £5 kids BE, JW Lower and DE...what then as a hypothetical (but important) question?.....

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, darrenrover said:

Yeh but come on.....£25 for 2 home games when we're sat third in the league?

It's hardly a "bundle" is it?

Yes, it’s a bundle.

The reason some folk don’t buy a ST or a half ST just last month is because they don’t want to tie themselves down to consecutive weekends, especially with one of the games being on Sky.

It’s not about cost, but other non Rovers commitments in their lives.

Do I think it’s a good deal? Do you? Yes, but then we would as we are fanatics happy to spend loads of time attending and obsessing about Rovers games week in week out - many others don’t have the time or inclination - they dip in and out of interest, go to a game when they want in a stand where they want.

Swag, here’s my tip for next time -

Pick a game, make it cheap anywhere in the ground, no strings, market the crap out of it - THAT’S IT! (Yet the club constantly come out with these convoluted offers that sell feck all!)

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Geoff66 said:

The supporters i talked to expect rovers at least making the play offs. Since the new year came along rovers have lost to Swansea, hull city and notts forest and drawn with huddersfield, luton and wba. You can understand frustration creeping in.

No disgrace in any of those draws. Hull and Swansea we were unlucky, the only really bad performance was Forest and in that we even rallied with 10 men. 

No need for panic 

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, speedies gonna get ya. said:

Anyone concerned this might be called off. We've had a couple of matches close to being off this season, Preston in particular. If its heavy rain on match day I can't see pitch draining fast enough. Hope I'm wrong.

Thought this myself. Weather looks horrendous all day Friday and equally all Saturday morning. The only saving grace could be the wind. It'll take plenty of the moisture out of the soil if there are periods of no rain.

5 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Yes, it’s a bundle.

The reason some folk don’t buy a ST or a half ST just last month is because they don’t want to tie themselves down to consecutive weekends, especially with one of the games being on Sky.

It’s not about cost, but other non Rovers commitments in their lives.

Do I think it’s a good deal? Do you? Yes, but then we would as we are fanatics happy to spend loads of time attending and obsessing about Rovers games week in week out - many others don’t have the time or inclination - they dip in and out of interest, go to a game when they want in a stand where they want.

Swag, here’s my tip for next time -

Pick a game, make it cheap anywhere in the ground, no strings, market the crap out of it - THAT’S IT! (Yet the club constantly come out with these convoluted offers that sell feck all!)

Early December, I targeted the Millwall home game and communicated that if correctly priced, "Fill Ewood" and we'd sell the fuck out of it. Nowt to do with me, it DID NOT happen and I'm mad as a wasp as a consequence! (hey ho, Rome ain't built in a day!)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, speedies gonna get ya. said:

Anyone concerned this might be called off. We've had a couple of matches close to being off this season, Preston in particular. If its heavy rain on match day I can't see pitch draining fast enough. Hope I'm wrong.

JHC, the pitch is pristine!

The chances of the game being called off because of the pitch are ZERO!

• Like 1

Despite having a fairly healthy average home attendance of nearly 17,000 in a 24,500 capacity stadium - therefore only 7,500 empty seats - Huddersfield are offering all tickets anywhere in the stadium for £5 against Cardiff

https://www.htafc.com/news/2022/february/half-term-football-for-just-5-against-cardiff-city/

• Like 1

8 hours ago, darrenrover said:

Not sure if serious...

not-sure-hmm.gif

Edited by BigUts
gif didnt work
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, darrenrover said:

A pristine pitch under water is unplayable. 

unless your post was a joke…😊

• Like 1

9 hours ago, darrenrover said:

I admire your optimism. I'm not questioning the state of the playing surface. It's pretty good this season, all credit to the groundstaff. I'm more concerned about its ability to withstand a prolonged heavy downpour on matchday. It doesn't drain well and very quickly holds water.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, speedies gonna get ya. said:

I admire your optimism. I'm not questioning the state of the playing surface. It's pretty good this season, all credit to the groundstaff. I'm more concerned about its ability to withstand a prolonged heavy downpour on matchday. It doesn't drain well and very quickly holds water.

10 minutes ago, speedies gonna get ya. said:

I noticed it against huddersfield, every time the groundsman swept the surface gallons of water drained off the pitch. The groundsmen do an excellent job, but can do nothing against nature. 

There is plenty of rain forecast tomorrow but with gale force winds that shouldn't be too much of an issue. What could be is that rain is forecast from 12pm to 6pm on Saturday i.e. right across the game. The ground sits in the bottom of a valley so a lot of rain in a short time is going to be an issue whatever the quality of the pitch.

5 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

They said how long he is out?

Very vague from TM..."days, weeks or months"...I'm not joking either.

The decision to not bring in another striker (NOT Markanday) pre-window ending is looking like one absolute balls up from the club. It was a very risky decision, and you could argue it's been backfiring for some time given we can't hit a barn door, even with BBD.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!
  • Like 1