BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Millwall (h) - Saturday 19th February

15 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Does it hell! 

Take it you can’t remember just a decade ago when we were winning PL pitch of the year awards?

If we get back to the Premier League, and we have a superb pitch, we will play into the better teams hands and get murdered.

I'd like Dolan to get a start. His energy and pressing lifts the crowd and is infectious to rest of the team. All we can do is hope the goals come from somewhere. Perhaps its time to ditch the false 9 and play Gallagher up top and play Giles as a regular winger. The system can be tinkered with without changing from a back 3 and Travis the ball winner in midfield. Keep that base as a constant and can play varying permutations infront of it.

• Like 7

On 11/02/2022 at 21:46, darrenrover said:

£25 for 2 forthcoming games, a great offer IMO......Negative is, there should have been the foresight for these 2 fixtures, 2 months ago in an 'Operation to fill Ewood' which was mentioned and discussed within the corridors but c'est la vie!

Why just The Darwen End, Fuck only knows!?

Please everyone, do your utmost and make the most of this offer if you don't already have tickets. It really could be key!!

Please, please get behind our young and up and coming team, particularly in the remaining home fixtures, I KNOW that your support means so much to them!

Best, in hope, 'darrenrover'.

WATR!!!

The darwen end will be full saturday at £15 a ticket, should be encouraging for millwall to make it 3 wins in a row. Should give him the managers job whichever bright spark thought of it.

43 minutes ago, had.e.nuff said:

I can remember when the pitch was that bad it was green sand down the middle and we still won promotion

In a similar way, in a bit later era and in my capacity of being involved in logistics and distribution, I recall a delivery of green sand to BWFC when 'The Reebok' already resembled Southport Beach! 

Rovers current groundstaff are all as 'die in the wool' Rovers' fans as you or I and take a particular pride, despite the issues chucked in their way, of the state of the Ewood Park pitch and those at the STC and Academy.

They do not get the credit that they deserve IMO.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Make of it what you will, but BBD has crutches and a protective boot on in Dack’s video on Instagram. I’m no physio, but can’t imagine he’ll be back for a couple of matches at least.

Twisted his ankle when taking that weak shot.

I saw it happen in play so cant work out why Mowbray thought it might be a kick.

I do understand though why TM was not sure about time out as ankle twists/sprains can vary a lot.

9 hours ago, darrenrover said:

In a similar way, in a bit later era and in my capacity of being involved in logistics and distribution, I recall a delivery of green sand to BWFC when 'The Reebok' already resembled Southport Beach! 

Rovers current groundstaff are all as 'die in the wool' Rovers' fans as you or I and take a particular pride, despite the issues chucked in their way, of the state of the Ewood Park pitch and those at the STC and Academy.

They do not get the credit that they deserve IMO.

If it resembled Southport beach now you'd be delighted it's mostly green 😁

Keeping weight off it is standard practice i think and maybe those boots are compression. Keep the swelling down but yes either way he'll be missing a few games for sure.

Not rocket science to think something like this would happen however it is rocket science trying to replace his goals without another regular scorer in the entire club. Seems we are only allowed one at a time at Ewood these days, got to keep a place available for big Sam !

• Like 1

3 hours ago, neophox said:

Kaminski

Nyambe Lenihan Van Hecke Wharton Pickering

Travis, Rothwell

Dolan, Khadra

Gallagher

Us playing with 2 in the middle of the park doesn't seem to work. We constantly get overran. Although Buckley plays as a 'false 9' he does drop in the 3 meaning Travis and Rothwell can sit deeper. If Pickering is fully fit he deserves to be in the equation but I can't see that happening. Giles will almost certainly be in. If we need to do so then go for the old switcheroo of bringing Khadra on. His pace frightens teams to death.

Kaminski

Lenihan Van Hecke Wharton

Nyambe           Travis      Rothwell           Giles

Buckley

Dolan         Gallagher

50 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Twisted his ankle when taking that weak shot.

I saw it happen in play so cant work out why Mowbray thought it might be a kick.

I do understand though why TM was not sure about time out as ankle twists/sprains can vary a lot.

He was on the end of a high boot earlier in the build up in the middle of the park, I thought it was from that too.