BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Millwall (h) - Saturday 19th February

A really important game in getting us a bit of confidence ahead of 3 tough games in which we certainly need to be continuing to pick points up.

It might be a big banana skin, if Brereton is injured that could be a crucial blow and Millwall have won their last 2 having picked up since Jed Wallace returned to the team following doubt over his future.

14 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

A really important game in getting us a bit of confidence ahead of 3 tough games in which we certainly need to be continuing to pick points up.

It might be a big banana skin, if Brereton is injured that could be a crucial blow and Millwall have won their last 2 having picked up since Jed Wallace returned to the team following doubt over his future.

I see the Millwall game, more as a tough winnable game, than a banana skin game.

13 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

It's amazing that a draw away to WBA is now part of a death spiral

Shows where the team is at and the expectation thats there  

Agree that it shows how far we have come on over the past 12 months.

Last season though we had a 1-1 draw with Norwich in Mowbrays 2 wins in 17 spiral.

Yes decent result in isolation, but still part of a horrible run.

0-0 with WBA whilst on paper isn't a bad result, isn't really a good result in my eyes looking at there results recently, and 1 win and 1 goal in 6 is certainly a downward spiral compared to our form behind that.

5 minutes ago, rigger said:

I see the Millwall game, more as a tough winnable game, than a banana skin game.

Of course, its a game we should be expecting to win, at home v a mid table side, anything less than 3 points would be a huge source of frustration.

We are third in the table so any dropped points should be a source of frustration, in our position we should feel capable of playing any team in our division and beat them, the table doesnt lie. This game coming up did stand out however amidst a block of 5 games as the easiest on paper and thus the one with perhaps the most pressure but it will not be easy.

• Like 1

Millwall are poor away from home. Statistically we should win this one. We have a very strong record over the years against Millwall at home. Brereton Díaz potential absence could hinder us but we managed 4 points at Cardiff & Luton without him.

Millwall Away PPG 21/22 Last 5 Results at Ewood Rovers xG Differential Home 21/22 Millwall xG Differential Away 21/22 Millwall PPG vs 3/5 at the back formations Rovers PPG vs 3/5 at the back formations
0.92 WWDWW (+) 0.39 (-) 0.57 1.37 1.54

Stats suggest Millwall enjoy playing teams that imitate their 3/5 system more-so than those who go for a 4. They've had 10x either 0-0 or 1-1 results this season which gives you an indication of the kind of game it's going to be.

Anything less than a win v Millwall will be very disappointing and a severe knock to our playoff hopes and remaining confidence.

In reality there is nothing to fear in this league, ok maybe Fulham, but fear itself so it's down to Mowbray and his staff to get the team up for what will be another physical battle.

I think we will win.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Millwall are poor away from home. Statistically we should win this one. We have a very strong record over the years against Millwall at home. Brereton Díaz potential absence could hinder us but we managed 4 points at Cardiff & Luton without him.

Millwall Away PPG 21/22 Last 5 Results at Ewood Rovers xG Differential Home 21/22 Millwall xG Differential Away 21/22 Millwall PPG vs 3/5 at the back formations Rovers PPG vs 3/5 at the back formations
0.92 WWDWW (+) 0.39 (-) 0.57 1.37 1.54

Stats suggest Millwall enjoy playing teams that imitate their 3/5 system more-so than those who go for a 4. They've had 10x either 0-0 or 1-1 results this season which gives you an indication of the kind of game it's going to be.

*it's likely to be. Past performance (more this season specific to the 2 teams in general than over previous seasons at Ewood Park when both teams looked very different) is always a useful barometer but only up to a point.

15 minutes ago, darrenrover said:

What, all 50 of them?

Bloody Hell Duncan, 'Harry the Dog' (RIP) has long since departed!

Always find Millwall away funny - all the "hooligans" are in their 50s and 60s and struggling with their weight.... doesn't stop them "waiting for the away fans" in a not at all menacing, slightly sad sort of way.

I’m good with the progress the club has shown this season. I love our defending, all the clean sheets (11 in our last 14!), etc. It’s been very exciting, this promotion chase, since this is my first since coming into Rovers fandom. 

I do not demand we promote, But I’d be sadly disappointed if we cannot make the playoffs this season. But, if we’re serious about promotion, we need to start scoring some goals. Scoring 2 goals, in the last eight games, while taking 9 pts in those same 8, staggers my mind. 

BB-D hasn’t scored since Barnsley. Others need to step up, too. I’m still very hopeful this season might be the one!

COYB!!!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

The supporters i talked to expect rovers at least making the play offs. Since the new year came along rovers have lost to Swansea, hull city and notts forest and drawn with huddersfield, luton and wba. You can understand frustration creeping in.

56 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

Always find Millwall away funny - all the "hooligans" are in their 50s and 60s and struggling with their weight.... doesn't stop them "waiting for the away fans" in a not at all menacing, slightly sad sort of way.

In honesty, old memories die hard!

The New Den is no match for the old Den, either in structure/stature or its' regular inhabitants!

Those that have been to both over the years will know exactly what I mean!

With regards to the topic in hand: neither Millwall nor QPR travel away from home in any numbers normally.

Edited by darrenrover

4 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I think it's a result that stops the death spiral hopefully.

Defend like that again Saturday and we'll get chances at the other end surely a goal or two is coming.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, darrenrover said:

Must win game....no draws, no excuses!

Latest update is that tickets are going extremely well and Hospitality is all but totally sold out.

COYB and bring on The Blades!

Might want to tell that to the ticket map on the website. Plenty of empty seats in the BBE and JW currently. The hundred or so double deckers will have 4/5 seats each in the DE.

30 minutes ago, darrenrover said:

In honesty, old memories die hard!

The New Den is no match for the old Den, either in structure/stature or its' regular inhabitants!

Those that have been to both over the years will know exactly what I mean!

With regards to the topic in hand: neither Millwall nor QPR travel away from home in any numbers normally.

Qpr never have up here but Millwall have had a thousand plus plenty times in the last decade. I can see a few making the trek to make that awful howl they come out with.

26 minutes ago, magicalmortensleftpeg said:

Might want to tell that to the ticket map on the website. Plenty of empty seats in the BBE and JW currently. The hundred or so double deckers will have 4/5 seats each in the DE.

If only tickets had been on sale earlier at £12.50 for 2 key games at the business end of the season, eh?

You never know, even folk from Sussex may have been tempted to attend a home game at a critical part of the season.

It is what it is and if true, Rovers 'fans' need to pull their fingers out, stop whinging and attend a home game when it really matters and when cost IS NOT an excuse.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, WacoRover said:

I love great defending. I have to believe eventually, it works in our favor! 

It's something we've moaned about on here for years so now we have it we should be thankful because we aren't really a defensive team.  This system and these defenders give the team a good platform to attack he just needs to get the blend right at the front now.

• Like 1