BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

The simple, basic thing is we need a centre back, a right back, a central midfielder and a striker in before the window closes. Otherwise it will be a pretty stressful season as we have no squad depth. We do not have that magical crop of players Man Utd had in 1992 at championship level, let alone higher.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Norbert Rassragr said:

The simple, basic thing is we need a centre back, a right back, a central midfielder and a striker in before the window closes. Otherwise it will be a pretty stressful season as we have no squad depth. We do not have that magical crop of players Man Utd had in 1992 at championship level, let alone higher.

I genuinely think that is the gamble they are going to take though.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, rigger said:

At this moment in time, both Ayala and Galagher are much better players for the Rovers than Nyambe 

If you mean because Nyambe's contract has expired, yes. Otherwise, absolutely not. Ayala is rarely fit and Gallagher isn't half as good at what he does as Nyambe, and that's from someone who thinks Gally is better than most here do.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rigger said:

I, would not want Ayala to leave, I would want him to be available for more games.

I would want Beyonce to sit on my face, but I have to be realistic. In fact I think it would be a better bet than Ayala playing more than a handful of extra games.

Edited by bluebruce
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, rigger said:

I, would not want Ayala to leave, I would want him to be available for more games.

I’d want unicorns to fly above ewood park and fart rainbows before each match. About as likely as Ayala being fit for a full campaign 

I doubt Ayala put much effort into getting 'fit' to play for a manager with 0 enthusiasm to be honest. Which he shouldn't really need as he's getting paid handsomely to play regardless, but you never know, he might miraculously make himself available more for JDT.

13 hours ago, islander200 said:

At 31 surely you want to be playing at the highest level possible.

Experienced manager? Rosenior?

Ah, yes - I'd blanked the news that Shrek had jumped ship. Anyway, the argument still stands, and Derby County will roar back to life in the next two years, as life in the third division will be a turkey shoot for a club with their set up.

40 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

I doubt Ayala put much effort into getting 'fit' to play for a manager with 0 enthusiasm to be honest. Which he shouldn't really need as he's getting paid handsomely to play regardless, but you never know, he might miraculously make himself available more for JDT.

Haha, flying pigs like...

No dry ice, or flying pigs, at the Blackburn Rovers gigs..

3 hours ago, bigbrandjohn said:

I predict a flurry of signings on page 186. 

Erm, I predict a deafening silence, all round (except on here, where the sound of keyboards melting with angst will be palpable and sickening).

11 hours ago, islander200 said:

He is good but if he goes to Boro he won't be starting unless they sell Jones.

If he is intent on leaving us he should go elsewhere.

Wilder is an experienced manager. Maybe he knows it's a smart move to have 2 quality players in as many positions as possible and is planning for injuries, suspensions, cup games, rotation. Add to the fact Ryan can cover centre back, bet if he goes there he plays alot of games. It's called having a plan, imagine that.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, rigger said:

For me, Nyambe recovers well after mistakes, if he didn't make the mistakes in the first place he wouldn't have to recover. Still, a reasonable defensive full-back. Maybe not the sort JDT wanted for his system.

Does he make that many mistakes? Most times I have seen him he is rock solid, obviously there is times where he could do better for certain goals, like every player on the planet, but I don't class him as error prone at all. Let's not fool ourselves JDT had no say in keeping him, the club had already grossly mismanaged the situation.

Edited by BigBar
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, BigBar said:

Does he make that many mistakes? Most times I have seen him he is rock solid, obviously there is times where he could do better for certain goals, like every player on the planet, but I don't class him as error prone at all. Let's not fool ourselves JDT had no say in keeping him, the club had already grossly mismanaged the situation.

Just what I was thinking. You might criticise his output going forward but defensively he is sound.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, rigger said:

At this moment in time, both Ayala and Galagher are much better players for the Rovers than Nyambe 

Unless you mean Nyambe is now no use to us because he has left and we have to go with what we've got, that's one of the most ludicrous statements I've ever seen on here.

Bit like saying Danny Murphy and Chris Brown were better players for the Rovers than say Henning Berg.

36 minutes ago, BigBar said:

His second touch is often a tackle. Which I must admit, he wins most of.

Edited by rigger

11 minutes ago, OsloRover said:

JDT to give an update on signings after today's game according to the LET

I'll imagine he'll cut and paste the spiel from each of the last three weeks.

"Progress has been made with a number of targets and we're hopeful of getting one or two in next week."

Starting to feel a bit sorry for him, he's been dealt a seven two offsuit by Mowbray and Waggott in terms of the state of the squad and so far nothing has been done to rectify the situation.

We don't seem to be finding it any less impossible to bring players in than under the previous regime. Wonder if it is having to run everything past Waggott and Suhail that is putting the kibosh on things?

Edited by RevidgeBlue
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, BigBar said:

Naah, he can't jump, regularly gets skinned by any attacker with a modicum of nous and pace, often finds himself in advanced positions but without any notion of where to go or what to do with the ball, and on the odd occasion he bursts forward and gets a cross in there is no-one in the middle to do anything with it so the move breaks down.

For me, Nyambe can go and the only regret is that somehow the club contrived to miss out on a fee for his services.