BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

8 minutes ago, Ruaney said:

When would be an adequate time to be annoyed? Let us have an idea when is the correct time we should sign our first player, please.

After the transfer window ends. 

We sign a player when we do. JDT and GB have been here 3 weeks or so. Maybe given them so more time to bring in players. We only around 5 or 6 signings. Time to calm down and remain patience. 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

We sign a player when we do. JDT and GB have been here 3 weeks or so. Maybe given them so more time to bring in players. We only around 5 or 6 signings. Time to calm down and remain patience. 

7 games in is fine by you.

28 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Is it thanks to FFP? They wouldn't spend £2m on the pitch which was an exempt expense.

But whether they can't, which is down to interpretation. Would they anyway? Based on what?

Many seem to imply that they would if they could, that is what I question.

Based on the fact pre pandemic they were spending money on players I'd imagine.

I doubt anyone is saying there would be a massive spend but more would have been spent. 

Our income is minimal.We ran our wage bill at 180% to turnover for years.I don't see how FFP couldn't be a concern and restricting us.

As it stands I'm pretty concerned about how things aren't progressing. If we're not tempting players from Greece and Sweden then this project isn't being sold as an exciting one and we simply aren't offering enough in wages. With this group of players we are going to struggle, there's no doubt in my mind. We've lost so much experience and quality and so far not replaced it with the season just weeks away and little time to integrate new players. A tough start is ahead of us in my view unless they really get cracking in this next week. 

• Like 8

23 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Didn't realise you were being facetious, thought you made a perfectly  good point first time around.

As a supporter my first concern is performance on the pitch not plenty of money in the bank. If the relatively recent imposed wage budget isn't competitive enough to attract established Championship players or Waggott and /or Pasha are blocking transfer activity at every turn then a Brereton sale isn't going to change that necessarily.

For me, get a few quality additions in, take the pressure off, and then and only then maybe we could countenance a potential BBD sale.

Could you imagine the current squad minus BBD? It'd be absolute carnage!!

Wont happen. There is money available. Think its Park who has f***ed us up.. along with that chump Waggott..

• Like 1

Just now, islander200 said:

Based on the fact pre pandemic they were spending money on players I'd imagine.

I doubt anyone is saying there would be a massive spend but more would have been spent. 

Our income is minimal.We ran our wage bill at 180% to turnover for years.I don't see how FFP couldn't be a concern and restricting us.

At times, with many other summers in which the taps were off. If the FFP was the only thing stopping them, they would have gone ahead with the pitch reconstruction.

"More would have been spent" is an opinion not based on historical evidence I would suggest.

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

So basically, just wait till we’re seven games deep? You’ll actually be happy if we sign nobody by then and then buy them all on that day? 

I am giving them time but we need to see SOME movement, not all. Alarm bells will be ringing for me if we don’t have a player in by the end of the week. We are under three weeks till the start of the season, some urgency is required.

• Like 4

Just now, neophox said:

Wont happen. There is money available. Think its Park who has f***ed us up.. along with that chump Waggott..

Absolutely incredible that I bet we could go through the summer without spending a penny (not saying we will) and people would still not blame the actual people who are to blame. The outgoing head of recruitment? Absolute nonsense.

5 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Won't we be a sixth of the way through the season by the time the transfer window ends? A bit late in the day to be getting worried or upset about things.

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

At times, with many other summers in which the taps were off. If the FFP was the only thing stopping them, they would have gone ahead with the pitch reconstruction.

"More would have been spent" is an opinion not based on historical evidence I would suggest.

I have never once said that FFP is the ONLY thing stopping them.

Iv also agreed with you more than once the lack of money being put toward stadium and pitch maintenance is a disgrace.

But they have loosened the purse strings and spent decent enough money on the playing squad more than once.

Up until the pandemic Mowbray was given plenty of backing for wages and transfers.That is fact.

And never having to sell a player till Armstrong left ,4 years into his reign.(in discounting Raya as Mowbray was looking for another keeper before he even left and blamed him for our defensive frailties the previous season) 

I also don't think JDT would have signed up here without the guarantee of having some money to spend.Only an idiot or a desperado has been who is in the last chance saloon would take a job on who had lost 6 players from the starting 11 that finished 8th the previous season 

Edited by islander200
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Mooy would be a brilliant signing, I really hope we are in for him but seems like transfers are a bit beyond us thus far!

6 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

He would be an insane player in the championship 

I'd question the drive of anybody who, at 31, just spent two seasons in China.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Oh do enlighten me. What with you having said we would be in the middle for attendances and me presenting the fact we were third, I'm curious how you think I'm the one who hasn't thought this through.

If you can't work it out yourself from my original post then i'll i'll not bother, i will say though being a dick doesn't suit you.

2 minutes ago, neophox said:

I know most will choose not to believe it but I am firmly of the belief there was a also a very substantial budget available in January as well in addition to the very well publicised bonuses which for some unknown reason Mowbray and Waggott decided not to utilise.

It doesn't seem likely to me that we would appoint a new manager and not afford him at least the same funding Mowbray had. Broughton also claimed there was a "healthy" budget shortly after arriving and again, to me, he'd have nothing whatsoever to gain from lying about that just 2-3 days into the job. He'd be making a rod for his own back.

Something seems to be going horribly wrong somewhere along the line though. I always put it down to Venus being in charge of negotiations and then Mowbray topping it off with his "You'll have to work your way into the side and dislodge Corry and Benno" type spiel.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, neophox said:

Has Ben Brereton been offered a new deal? Venkys Will never let him leave on a free for sure as he cost loads when we signed him. Sign a new deal or sell.

Doubt they are that bothered to be honest, it's just the club that suffers as usual the days of them screwing big transfer fees are gone.

I suspect it'll end a bit like the Rhodes saga where he went for a million or two more than what was paid with a few add ons. Meaning there's nothing really to reinvest even if that was ever the case, just a bit spare to keep running costs going a while longer.

5 minutes ago, tomphil said:

If you can't work it out yourself from my original post then i'll i'll not bother, i will say though being a dick doesn't suit you.

Oh please. As if replying to my post with 'Not really thought that through have you' wasn't provocative. And giving you some snark back makes me the dick, even though you're the one throwing an actual insult at me. And refusing to back up your claim, which the evidence refutes. I'll let others decide who is being a dick here.

1 minute ago, bluebruce said:

Oh please. As if replying to my post with 'Not really thought that through have you' wasn't provocative. And giving you some snark back makes me the dick, even though you're the one throwing an actual insult at me. And refusing to back up your claim, which the evidence refutes. I'll let others decide who is being a dick here.

How in the name of god is 'Not really thought that through have you' in anyway a seriously provocative post ?

Grow up and grow a pair !

Your 'facts' are a one off season in which the ownership granted a championship budget. The room in that budget created by a few outgoings and a pay decrease through relegation clauses on a few top earners.  That allowed a couple of million spent and a big squad to have a real go.

How long do you think that would have lasted if we hadn't gone up ?

A budget based soley on our income in this league wouldn't sustain championship football.  A few years in league one would see a budget and crowds in line with that and that wouldn't be top 6 in our case.

There, explained it for you but if you'd thought it through first time......