BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

9 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Reading who looked like relegation candidates being unable to sign anyone making moves, what is going on with our club.

They're signing Shane Long today - 80k wage at Southampton to 5k at Reading.

Jeff Hendrick on loan.

Hutchinson about to sign.

Fulton from Swansea.

Meanwhile we're doing F all.

To say Davies would be a bad signing and then rattle off those has beens and never has beens is a bit rich

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Reading who looked like relegation candidates being unable to sign anyone making moves, what is going on with our club.

They're signing Shane Long today - 80k wage at Southampton to 5k at Reading.

Jeff Hendrick on loan.

Hutchinson about to sign.

Fulton from Swansea.

Meanwhile we're doing F all.

They're just disproving the FFP myth

No major sales

Still got Lucas Joao, Puscas, Hoillett and others there

Difference is that their owners want to invest, ours don't. Quite simple really.

1 minute ago, RoversClitheroe said:

But we are yet to sign Davies?! He's not even ours, and might never be.

These are signings that Reading will make today.

True. And they’re trash. If we had already made signings and then signed some of those most people would suggest it was a waste

Just now, Theaxe15 said:

True. And they’re trash. If we had already made signings and then signed some of those most people would suggest it was a waste

You could argue all proven players that would do a job.

Shane Long guarantees you 15+ goals. 

Can't say the same for any of our players.

Don't think you could say it about BREO either who scored nothing second half of the season 

38 minutes ago, Craigman said:

By Alan Nixon

Blackburn Rovers are trying hard to strike a deal with Liverpool for forgotten defender Ben Davies.

Rovers want to take former Preston centre half Davies on loan for the season and are willing to pay the wages and an extra rental settlement.

That may give Jon Dahl Thomasson an edge over rivals in the race for Davies’s signature as he seeks a handful of new signings.

Davies is back at Anfield for a spell with Sheffield United where he spent much of his time on the sidelines.

However Blackburn see him playing a key role and hope for an agreement to be in place quickly.

From Patreon

This can’t be true. He must be on 20k per week easy, if not more. Plus a loan fee on top?!

If we end up paying ridiculous money like this for loans (and I know it was reported we did this with Poveda last season), yet we can’t find the money to pay academy graduates the going rate, our “structure” needs ripping up.

Utter madness. We need to be finding much better deals than this. At the moment, us employing a director of football is like a chippy employing an executive chef.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Miller11 said:

This can’t be true. He must be on 20k per week easy, if not more. Plus a loan fee on top?!

If we end up paying ridiculous money like this for loans (and I know it was reported we did this with Poveda last season), yet we can’t find the money to pay academy graduates the going rate, our “structure” needs ripping up.

Utter madness. We need to be finding much better deals than this. At the moment, us employing a director of football is like a chippy employing an executive chef.

Amen

2 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Don't think you could say it about BREO either who scored nothing second half of the season 

Long won’t even guarantee 15+ starts, nevermind goals. It’s not 2015. Goodness me.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Miller11 said:

That closer gave me a chuckle. I believe it is called LOL in modern parlance 

11 minutes ago, JHRover said:

They're just disproving the FFP myth

No major sales

Still got Lucas Joao, Puscas, Hoillett and others there

Difference is that their owners want to invest, ours don't. Quite simple really.

Not sure of this is meant to be a joke or not, but they're literally only signing frees and cheap loans who nobody else wants on account of them being under a FFP induced transfer ban. 

I don't think you could pick a better example of what could go wrong if you try and cheat FFP and fail

6 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

He's had a good career, but he's not scored more than 10 league goals in a season for more than 10 years. He's not scored 15 in the last 6 years combined!

• Like 8

9 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Has Long ever scored 15+ goals in a season? He’s a worker but little else.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

Not sure of this is meant to be a joke or not, but they're literally only signing frees and cheap loans who nobody else wants on account of them being under a FFP induced transfer ban. 

I don't think you could pick a better example of what could go wrong if you try and cheat FFP and fail

He's had a good career, but he's not scored more than 10 league goals in a season for more than 10 years. He's not scored 15 in the last 6 years combined!

Why's that then?

They overspent and were sanctioned, yet despite that have survived, still have a decent looking squad, haven't slashed costs right back and are signing players.

Speaking of 'only frees and cheap loans' what are you expecting us to do? Spend money? Think you'll be disappointed if so.

For what its worth we might as well be under a transfer embargo. Could still sign cheap loans / nobody which is what we are going to do without an embargo.

• Like 2

Ben Davies is a very good player at this level. I can't see it happening however, firstly because of his wage demands and also I am not sure how it would work with 2 left footed centre backs. Quality wise, he likely is as good as we could get. Would say a lot about our supposed intentions with expectations of £3m being spent on one centre back to loaning one in however.

I am not sure why it has become gospel that we paid loads for Poveda, ultimately none of us truly know but last summer was one where we had to wait and wait because we needed Prem teams to subsidise loans.

44 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

It's such an uninventive signing.

I'd be disappointed tbh, a loan too.

I do love how you describe someone who was performing consistently well enough at Championship level to earn a move to Liverpool, albeit in mitigating circumstances as "uninventive" yet go on to laud signings like Shane Long, Jeff Hendrick and Jay Fulton.

You also say that Shane Long guarantees 15+ goals, I can only presume that was tongue in cheek seeing as he has managed that once in his career, 11 seasons ago!

• Like 4

54 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

It's such an uninventive signing.

I'd be disappointed tbh, a loan too.

He is better than anything we have at the back and Is one of the better defenders at this level.

Only worry is he is left footed and so is Wharton 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, phili said:

I don't think it is. All Championship clubs have agreed to new FfP rules, owners can fund club losses with cash to £60m over 3 years. Clubs can spend a maximum of 90% of turnover on wages next season, falling by 5% a season to the new uefa guidelines of 70%.

Unless we substantially increase our turnover there is not much wriggle room. Last set of accounts we were at 130% or something similar. After all departures this summer and last we are probably now at 90%.

The stadium is falling apart and the pitch is a disgrace.

Those are both FFP exempt.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, tomphil said:

Most of this reply is nothing but empty waffle trying to cover the fact it was your chain that got yanked by a harmless comment.

If ever there was a definition of a messageboard glass chin you've displayed it here, likewise you aren't normally so touchy.  So we'll put it down to the hot weather and move on.

My original point about gate money and budget stands though. As for lack of transfers i think you'll find iv'e been telling people all along we are going seriously on our own youth this time so nothing much will happen at all.

Low cost/high risk is this seasons theme i'm afraid.

Another pathetic reply Tomphil, where you confuse your petulance and overreaction for being mine, and standing by your flimsy argument, so I agree, I'll leave you to it and move on.

2 minutes ago, islander200 said:

He is better than anything we have at the back and Is one of the better defenders at this level.

Only worry is he is left footed and so is Wharton 

Can also play left back apparently? Wonder if Pickering under threat

49BED72F-94FE-42C8-A0F9-1F689D7C52D2.png

18 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Shane Long guarantees you 15+ . 

Shane Long is 35 and hasn't scored 15 goals a season in over a decade, and has only scored 15 in total in the last 6 years.

32 minutes ago, ItsRoverZ said:

£10 bet on Shane long outscoring anyone at rovers if he plays in the championship 

Deal.

• Like 3