BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

14 minutes ago, Mellor Rover said:

Talk about the finances involved are concerning, but, objectively, this is a fantastic signing even on loan.

Was in the conversation of the best CB in the championship in his time at Preston.

EDIT: The worry of course is if we don't sign anyone else of that caliber, then it's almost pointless. We won't be going up and will have to give him back in 12 months.

I'm in complete agreement, the finances involved seem crazy for a loan. 

Liverpool don't even need him in or around the first team so we shouldn't break the bank (or this bs wage structure) to get him.

E.g. I think there are more inventive signings we could make that won't cost an arm and a leg.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, neophox said:

Surely a danish player will be coming this window.

You'd think so! I've been looking at a bunch of them who are in our price-range.

Carlo Holse looks like a good'en from the clips i've seen, and scout reports suggest he's a talent. He's currently playing for Rosenberg and making peanuts even compared to what we could offer, contract expires in 2024 mind so they might want a few million.

I hope they're (as expected) really scouring the Scandi' leagues in the background, there are some great prospects over there who'd probably jump at the chance to play under JDT, whilst receiving a decent pay bump too.

Edited by TheRevAshton

10 minutes ago, TheRevAshton said:

Carlo Holse looks like a good'en from the clips i've seen, and scout reports suggest he's a talent. He's currently playing for Rosenberg and making peanuts even compared to what we could offer, contract expires in 2024 mind so they might want a few million.

Fails work permit. Use this it's super helpful https://analyticsfc.co.uk/gbe-calculator/

Almost all of the Scandinavian league players do.

3 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Apparently we are being pushed to sign Davies on a perm.

I'd be much happier with that, but it depends on the wage.

https://twitter.com/RyanTaylorSport/status/1547183080791752704?t=PzfzK0G8S2lb2_Ia6FRVgA&s=19

If he'd be happy with less than 20k/pw then great - but how much would Liverpool expect for him with 3 years left on his contract?

9 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Well we have to agree to disagree cos I think he has be breath of fresh air since being appointed. He spoke well, has a clear way how he wants us to play, communicate well. 

I never said he hasn't spoke well, my point was that there isn't anything tangible to judge him on, no games played, no signings made. 

But even if we took an approach of trust blindly until he proves otherwise, no manager is perfect, hence my Pep comment, therefore you can surely question rumoured signings without losing total faith in the manager. You don't need to remove critical faculty, if you aren't sure about a certain aspect of a rumoured signing, then that's fine.

1 minute ago, ItsRoverZ said:

I don't know, because our interest in Anel was supposedly real? So we must of bid 3 mil for him?  Maybe 2 to 3 mil for Davies too?

His wages are the stumbling block, never mind the fee.  According to some sources, Liverpool gave him a six year deal worth 60K p/w 😂  https://www.spotrac.com/epl/liverpool-fc/ben-davies-71614/

If that's the case he's over our max wage outlay by about 300%.   

1 minute ago, Jimmy612 said:

His wages are the stumbling block, never mind the fee.  According to some sources, Liverpool gave him a six year deal worth 60K p/w 😂  https://www.spotrac.com/epl/liverpool-fc/ben-davies-71614/

Odd to lose Lenihan,Nyambe and Rothwell because we couldn't pay them and then to pay out that much to Davies. If that's what's required to get him, surely this has no chance.

• Like 8

7 minutes ago, Jimmy612 said:

That's a fair point, for some reason I thought his wages were 20k a week not bloody 60k! That's mad

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Jimmy612 said:

I still don't believe they are paying him that much.

Liverpool ain't daft.He was on less than 20k at Preston.

Why would Liverpool pay a player who was never going to play much 3x+ his wage?

It's not like other clubs were offering 60k a week to a 25 year old CB who had never played above championship level.

Iv seen other places suggest his wage is £30k per week which is far more likely 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

What will be baffling, will be if we pay a fee and then we also give him a bigger contract than we offered Lenihan.

Davies is a better player than Lenihen.

Lenihen last contract offer that he turned down was 22k per week.

• Like 8

4 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Davies is a better player than Lenihen.

Lenihen last contract offer that he turned down was 22k per week.

Was it definately 22k per week we offered him?
That isn't too bad in all honesty, I still had assumed we were trying to screw him over to the tune of around 10 or 15k per week.

Edited by Irish_Rover

19 minutes ago, islander200 said:

I still don't believe they are paying him that much.

Liverpool ain't daft.He was on less than 20k at Preston.

Why would Liverpool pay a player who was never going to play much 3x+ his wage?

It's not like other clubs were offering 60k a week to a 25 year old CB who had never played above championship level.

Iv seen other places suggest his wage is £30k per week which is far more likely 

Preston’s wage structure is more strict than ours so I’m with you. Highly doubt he’s on that much.

4 minutes ago, Irish_Rover said:

Was it definately 22k per week we offered him?
That isn't too bad in all honesty, I still had assumed we were trying to screw him over to the tune of around 10 or 15k per week.

I've heard from a good source that he was indeed offered around 22k per week until 2025

Edited by TheRevAshton
  • Like 3

47 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

I imagine a permanent move would rule us out.

Liverpool seem to see him as totally surplus to requirements, so it could just come down to accepting the best offer that comes their way (including subsiding a big chunk of his wages if they're as high as some are suggesting).

That's obviously not to say that the best offer would come from us - I can't see us offering the same sort of fee that we supposedly were for the Bosnian lad seeing as there's little chance of getting a big profit further down the line. We might still be able to offer a semi-decent fee though, which might be enough with a bit of luck. 

2 minutes ago, RoverRB said:

Preston’s wage structure is more strict than ours so I’m with you. Highly doubt he’s on that much.

It wouldn't surprise me if he was. Below average wage and they were in a bind when they signed him.

It's just a shock to us with being out of the premier League for 12 years

• Like 1