BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

6 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Risky business only going after League One players. They need to be good enough for the Championship otherwise we become another Peterborough, Barnsley or Rotherham.

Not always the case but I agree…if Styles goes elsewhere then Bowler is a must…we need to push the boat out to the max to get one of them.

2 hours ago, goozburger said:

Understood to be no bid for Styles from Rovers according to Sharpe.

Just checked his Twitter mate and don’t see that anywhere? 

9 minutes ago, RoverRB said:

Wouldn’t really listen to Sharpe he generally finds things out as they’re about to cross the finish line

yeah I thought the same; I don’t think there’s many ‘official’ bids done anymore. Normally conversations about how much they’ll want and how much we’ll pay and it’s just hashed out until there’s an agreement.

8 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

in shop floor parlance "that fellow does`nt know his arse from his elbow" he types what he gets told to and makes up the rest

Couldn’t agree more. He was in the dark regarding the Brittain deal. By all accounts it was going on for weeks and he was none the wiser. Also it wouldn’t surprise me if that deal dragged on because we were trying to do a double deal for him and Styles.

Edited by RoverRB

Rangers are announcing the signing of the Besiktas left back for 5m quid. If there was any interest in Styles, that must be the end of it. No way do Besiktas sell their left back unless they’re confident they’ve got a replacement. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, goozburger said:

Barnsley's manager was on Radio Sheffield last night stating that Barnsley have rejected bids for Styles. The implication being that Barnsley haven't even accepted a bid, let alone a club being in advanced talks with the player.

Talks will happen with agents without the clubs knowledge all the time if we’re being honest.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, glen9mullan said:

Got first news from an agent at lunch yesterday saying sell on clause was holding up an agreement but he thought it was a formality.

SW confirmed in the meeting I had that we was in for him and were genuinely excited at how far he can go.

So FEE and Wages wont be an issue.

As i previously posted, this will come down to if he fancies Turkey and Europe, or he fancies Championship.

Its a big club in Turkey and European football, so the sell be harder if they have bid too

I often wonder where Sharpe gets his info from, it must be someone at the club, but he's been getting a lot wrong recently. It was also Nixon that broke the Brittain story. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

I often wonder where Sharpe gets his info from, it must be someone at the club, but he's been getting a lot wrong recently. It was also Nixon that broke the Brittain story. 

Leaks were discussed as the club is doing brilliantly in not having many.

Strangely Nixons name came up from Waggott.

I did comment although no leaks can be good, chucking a journo a bone can sometimes raise optimism as silence creates further worries.

In truth though, discussing transfers, players etc was not part of my agenda and it was only briefly touched on during the Nyambe discussion when I commented that Brittain seems a decent replacement and that I'd heard prior to coming in we was close on Styles, he was genuinely surprised that I knew.

17 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

I assume that Sharpe knows far more than he feels he can publish.  I find the bashing of him a bit grating.

• Like 7

17 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

Guesswork and reporting after the fact.

Even last week after the Brittain unveiling he ran a story saying we will at least replace the first teamers that left.Clearly got that from the missing stickers. 

I very much doubt he has any inside sources 

6 minutes ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

I assume that Sharpe knows far more than he feels he can publish.  I find the bashing of him a bit grating.

Compare him to Peter White.Sharpe reports after the fact and a lot of his articles are just based on his opinion,no inside scoops. 

He seems a sound enough fella but that doesn't mean it's wrong to criticize the level of his reporting.

• Like 1

To be fair to Rich I think he reports and writes well. But he can only tell and report on what he knows and is told, which isn’t much by all accounts. 

7 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Compare him to Peter White.Sharpe reports after the fact and a lot of his articles are just based on his opinion,no inside scoops. 

He seems a sound enough fella but that doesn't mean it's wrong to criticize the level of his reporting.

As good as he was, Peter White was writing before the 'net, and endless on-line speculation.  He was working in a completely different age.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, glen9mullan said:

Leaks were discussed as the club is doing brilliantly in not having many.

Strangely Nixons name came up from Waggott.

I did comment although no leaks can be good, chucking a journo a bone can sometimes raise optimism as silence creates further worries.

In truth though, discussing transfers, players etc was not part of my agenda and it was only briefly touched on during the Nyambe discussion when I commented that Brittain seems a decent replacement and that I'd heard prior to coming in we was close on Styles, he was genuinely surprised that I knew.

Funny thing Glen is that Nixon knows that Waggot doesn’t like it him getting the names and is trying to stop that !! Lol 😂   Good luck to that many have tried before him & failed ….

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

I wasn't bashing him, just stating this summer he's got a few wrong, which is unlike him. He only normally goes public when he's absolutely sure someone is about to sign (or already has but the club hasn't gone public yet). 

• Like 1