BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

2 minutes ago, HedgesAdmirer said:

I don’t think there’s an ‘urgent’ need for any signings, in the sense that we could survive August relatively strongly with what we have now 

Surely any urgency comes in wanting as strong as squad as possible for as many games as possible? 

• Like 3

Just now, roversfan99 said:

Nonsense. Rothwell was a key player last season as well as playing pretty much every game the year before. Nyambe has been aside from brief interludes the first choice right back for the last 5 years. Both leave huge gaps, hopefully one has been filled.

Rothwell only needs replacing as a body, people talk about how unique and special of a player he is but is there much need for his type of player in a possession based side?

Just now, roversfan99 said:

Surely any urgency comes in wanting as strong as squad as possible for as many games as possible? 

Yeah but that’s not an urgent need for me, we’re now in a position of ‘we need these players before the window closes’ rather than ‘before the season starts’ which gives us plenty of time to find the right players 

7 minutes ago, HedgesAdmirer said:

There’s no need for ‘established champ players’ as squad options for RB LB and GK, they’re not really positions that you rotate, only get changed if a player is injured 

There is when you're asking your FBs to play as WBs.

2 hours ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

JDT in the paper this morning saying we need Ayala on the pitch, not inside. I'd imagine he's saying that more in hope than expectation. 

I'd be very scared going into the full season with just Ayala, Wharton and Carter.

Phillips and Barnes

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Last summer is not directly comparable though, we only did that because we had no transfer funds and we had to beg and borrow at the end of the window. Also most importantly if you tally Armstrong and Brereton off, we have lost much more important players this summer so the urgency is greater.

There is also an assumption that Buckley will adapt seamlessly to a deeper role. Suited to it in theory but having only played there in kids football anrd friendlies, we cant be sure as he has made his name further forward, where his energy and pressing has been important. Im sure he played there v Hull away last season and struggled. He has some of the attributes to cope so hopefully he will easily adapt but we wont know until we try.

100% certain Buckley fits the role of Rothwell. It's where he played most of his football for the U23. Think this could be his breakout season. He is the best passer in the club, and is now able to cope with the physical part, that he struggled with in his first season

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, bigbrandjohn said:

https://www.lancs.live/sport/football/transfer-news/peterborough-blackburn-rovers-transfer-pursuit-24596715

Wouldn’t want to share my innermost secrets with Barry Fry. He’s got a bigger mouth than the Thames Estuary. 

Doesn’t want to lose his best players but shopping them like Black Friday. 

I suspect this is what Broughton had in mind when he specifically praised Barnsley's professionalism after the Brittain deal...

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, islander200 said:

We do and we will get at least 1 before deadline.

But up until then surely Carter, Wharton and Ayala are decent enough to do the job until then?

Yeah I don’t argue with that, we will just definitely need more when Ayala inevitably misses games and I’m not fully comfortable with sticking one of the young boys in to replace someone that experienced. 

James Brown heading out on loan, I don’t know about you but I’d have rather kept him as our backup Right Back than Rankin-Costello who has been absolutely shocking ever since his injury issues. I’d have loaned him out instead of Brown. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, HedgesAdmirer said:

Styles Bowler Van Hecke Morton (Loan fwd/cb), that’s the dream window 

It is but that’s just not gonna happen is it. You’re looking at 10 million for those players.

11 minutes ago, Butty said:

Yeah I don’t argue with that, we will just definitely need more when Ayala inevitably misses games and I’m not fully comfortable with sticking one of the young boys in to replace someone that experienced. 

Maybe waiting on an answer on what Brighton are doing with Van Hecke? (I can dream) 

It frustrating but at the same time if still a chance of getting the targets at the top of list then I'm ok with waiting until closer to deadline.I prefer that than bringing in an inferior player just because they happen to be available right now.

Missed out on Anel and Davies so clear the club are looking for at least 1 quality centre back 

26 minutes ago, HedgesAdmirer said:

Yeah but that’s not an urgent need for me, we’re now in a position of ‘we need these players before the window closes’ rather than ‘before the season starts’ which gives us plenty of time to find the right players 

This really is twaddle. If we are to mount a promotion bid then we need as many points as we can get asap.

"plenty of time to find the right players"??????

I'm struggling to find the right words. if someone told me you were a club plant I'd believe them!

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Butty said:

James Brown heading out on loan, I don’t know about you but I’d have rather kept him as our backup Right Back than Rankin-Costello who has been absolutely shocking ever since his injury issues. I’d have loaned him out instead of Brown. 

Which tells me that he's not very good as we know JRC is a crap FB.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, islander200 said:

Maybe waiting on an answer on what Brighton are doing with Van Hecke? (I can dream) 

It frustrating but at the same time if still a chance of getting the targets at the top of list then I'm ok with waiting until closer to deadline.I prefer that than bringing in an inferior player just because they happen to be available right now.

Missed out on Anel and Davies so clear the club are looking for at least 1 quality centre back 

I'd love to shift out Ayala (he's a PL quality CB on his day, but he spends most of the winter in the physio's room) and bring in Van Hecke.

Sink or swim with Carter, Wharton, Can Hecke, Phillips (if he's as good as they say he's old enough) and Barnes.

11 minutes ago, HedgesAdmirer said:

Styles Bowler Van Hecke Morton (Loan fwd/cb), that’s the dream window 

I want Styles the most, but the longer it goes on, the more I know it’s not going to happen….I’m getting to the stage now where I honestly don’t think we will sign any of the 3…Hope I’m proven Wrong…

For some strange reason I feel we will hear something tomorrow…(not ITK)

Edited by BankEnd Rover