BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

I think Dack will get a fair bit of game time. If JDT wants to play narrow through the middle that will absolutely suit Dack. Short passing and one twos round the penalty area is what he excels at. Could have done with it yesterday at times.

In terms of the pressing game without the ball if we've got BBD, Gally and Hedges pressing and covering the yards Dack being a bit less athletic in the number 10 slot isn't going to be a huge issue imo.

I doubt he'll start often but  I would expect him to get a solid 30 mins.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

There seems to be quite an agenda building up against Dack in certain quarters, he's had two serious injuries, a very lengthy absence and then picked up a minor injury in pre-season didn't he?, I'm not sure at this stage his current absence can necessarily be put down to him not being willing to get fit enough or the manager not fancying him.

If he hasn't featured two or three months into the season then maybe there's something in it. For me personally though, Dack on one leg is still preferable to  Gallagher.

Exactly.

Why would anybody have an ‘agenda’ against Dack? And what would the ‘agenda’ be exactly?

I can’t imagine a single Rovers fan wouldn’t want the Dacky of old back, but for reasons we all know he’s probably a way off that at the moment. 

Will he ever be the same? Will he fit in with JDT’s plans?  On the flip side, is he still the main main when 100%? All legitimate arguments to make and discuss on a Rovers forum, no?

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 6

4 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

They are at the moment as he's not match-fit, but I'm not sure that's the point being made by his detractors. In fact I'm sure it's not. 

I can't speak for others but at Lincoln he was off the pace in the hour he played. Tomasson demands a high energy game from his front players which I don't think Dack can deliver yet. Given that he missed a chunk of pre season and not much playing time he is clearly behind the others in terms of fitness and that bit of sharpness. I'm certainly not writing him off and believe he will offer something but not just yet. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Imagine getting paid handsomely to sit on your arse for two years doing nothing and then throwing a hissy fit because you weren't subbed on.

Imagine your career only lasts 15 years and every time you perform well at work you get cheered and praised to the high heavens, but due to tragic misfortune you’ve not been able to perform for two of those years as you approach your peak. You have a new boss who you think might not trust you to perform any more, and you’re likely looking at the premature end of your career as a high performer in your role. You think you’re back and raring to go, eager to show everyone that wrote you off what you’re really all about, and yet your boss doesn’t give you the chance to show what you can do.

From being the main man to an also ran, it’s heartbreaking in my opinion. I’m sure JDT has good reasons for not playing him, but I don’t blame Dack for being pissed off. I think anyone else in his shoes would be the same. I hate when players sulk but he’s given us hope and joy in a very dark period, some amazing performances, and has stood by us throughout his time at Rovers, so I’m willing to give him a bye ball on sulking on this occasion. 

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, 47er said:

Another issue is that so many players played the whole game. In this division the games come thick and fast.

We'll cramp up with exhaustion if we don't get enough bodies in.

If I had posted my thought on this post, I think I might have been banned. So I haven't

• Like 1

Its been a 90 minutes game for the whole of my adult life, and as far as I am concerned those who are lucky enough to be called into the 'professional' ranks should be able to set their training regimen up to accommodate the games that are legitimately scheduled for them.

Anyway, going back to Smodics and BBD, I wonder what the discussion would have been like if BBD's screamer volley had beaten the QPR keeper yesterday?

Balls to Mr Endersby.

41 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

You seem to be accepting as fact that Dack isn't playing because JDT thinks he doesn't fit his system, rather than just not being fit enough yet. 

That’s because I think that JDT has reservations about Dack based on an earlier conversation I had with a coach at Rovers. The signing of Szmodics and the manager not bringing Dack on for Gally, BBD or Hedges when they were hanging out of their arses is further corroboration….I don’t believe JDT fancies him. That’s my opinion 👍🏼

1 hour ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

They are at the moment as he's not match-fit, but I'm not sure that's the point being made by his detractors. In fact I'm sure it's not. 

I don’t think anyone in here is a Dack detractor. I certainly am not…I love Dack and I badly want him to be a pivotal part of our team for years to come.

I, like most others on here a simply saying what we see. One thing I am adamant on is that I’d never forgo my strategy for the sake of one player. So IF Dack needs to change, then I’d hope he will do. 

Edited by Paul Mani

6 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

That’s because I think that JDT has reservations about Dack based on an earlier conversation I had with a coach at Rovers. The signing of Szmodics and the manager not bringing Dack on for Gally, BBD or Hedges when they were hanging out of their arses is further corroboration….I don’t believe JDT fancies him. That’s my opinion 👍🏼

We'll see when Dack gets up to speed. But if he doesn't fancy the best of the front 4 he may get criticised when Travis isn't slamming in worldies from 30 yards and nobody else is troubling the keeper👍

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

This is why Styles is the perfect signing for us in paper.

Better than Pickering at LWB.  Can also play cm so cover for Travis/Buckley.

Like I said I see Styles as centre midfielder and not a left back/wing back. He played centre midfield yesterday for Barnsley

58 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

I think the focus should always be on the needs of the team. If he’s not the right fit then HE must change to fit, NEVER the other way around.

Relaxing team standards for any one individual, even a top performer results in the whole process collapsing.

Stick to your guns JDT, let’s pray Dack changes for us! 

Exactly. The focus should always been on the team and not one player whoever that player is

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

I don’t think anyone in here is a Dack detractor. I certainly am not…I love Dack and I badly want him to be a pivotal part of our team for years to come.

I, like most others on here a simply swing what we see. One thing I am adamant on is that I’d never forgo my strategy for the sake of one player. So IF Dack needs to change, then I’d hope he will do. 

Every player has had to change. It's a different tactical approach. What we don't know is if Dack can adapt. It's just conjecture at this stage. We'll find out when he's match-fit. He's not had a proper pre-season for 3 years (?) so it's going to take a while.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, 47er said:

Oh go on!

If you insist, I think your post referencing players cramping up because of lack of bodies, is utter bollocks. It's all about how you train for your particular sport. And how you play that sport

2 hours ago, MarkBRFC said:

Vale didn't have a good game but there is something there to work with I think.

Needs games, I probably wouldn't start him next week but wouldn't have an issue if we did.

I thought he was our best attacker. Some sublime touches and held the ball up well.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, rigger said:

If you insist, I think your post referencing players cramping up because of lack of bodies, is utter bollocks. It's all about how you train for your particular sport. And how you play that sport

And the amount and intensity.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

It's not about knocking him.  He made no impact against what I believe to be one of the divisions poorer sides.  Probably needs another loan but he does have so.e decent attributes....bit early for him that yesterday against a quality central defender in Jake Clarke Salter.

Boro will murder them in my opinion. 

How anyone can criticise Vale, when he played some lovely one touch football. While Gallagher was very poor imo. Only kept on for his Defensive heading ability imo..

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, rigger said:

And you thought you'd get banned for that?!!!!!

• Like 2