BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

4 minutes ago, bigbrandjohn said:

Looks like the 400 will be up before tea and no news falling. 

Only because we’ve had 3 pages filled in 10 minutes about total nonsense 😂 

Update is that apparently Szmodics has been seen in Barrow so I imagine that will be tied up soon.

Also a posted noted that Barnsley had accepted a bid off a championship team…Not sure how true it is but I hope it’s us!

Edited by BankEnd Rover

3 minutes ago, TheRevAshton said:

Nothing new! The only thing that's transferred is Sammie Szmodics' Range Rover... left him on a free.

No, there was definitely a sell on clause (fee undisclosed)

1 minute ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Update is that apparently Szmodics has been seen in Barrow so I imagine that will be tied up soon.

Also a posted noted that Barnsley had accepted a bid off a championship team…Not sure how true it is but I hope it’s us!

If it had been Barrowford, maybe, but Barrow is a wild overshoot by any standards

48 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Dolan had no impact.  Apart from his usual headless chicken act.....his pace is worryingly boy-like.  He wad caught up very quickly and dispossessed by someone with standard pace...

I get the distinct impression you don't rate him!

14 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Can’t find the post about Barnsley accepting a bid, what’s the info? 

15 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Deserves it how? He struggled and had no impact, why would he deserve to keep his place?

cos not everyone opinion is similar to yours and to be very honest I ain't surprised by your opinion on Jack Vale cos I know you would say this about him. 

1 hour ago, jim mk2 said:

Anyway, the point seems to have been lost that if we sign this player he might have the decency to come and live in the area.

It's not alot to ask

Or you could allow the player and family to chose where they want to live that suits their family and personal needs. what with the all dictatorship Jim? 

3 hours ago, phili said:

So back to transfers.

By the looks of it, Szmodics is likely to be signed today or tomorrow and I keep being told styles will by the end of the week.

Hopefully we can get a CB as well in this week.

One thing that worries me is that we have not been linked with any forwards at all. I would have though with BBD likely to be leaving we would have been linked to one or two by now.

would be very happy with Styles coming in. 

any idea on Centre back? 

Do we need another striker really tho?

Edited by chaddyrovers

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

cos not everyone opinion is similar to yours and to be very honest I ain't surprised by your opinion on Jack Vale cos I know you would say this about him. 

Or you could allow the player and family to chose where they want to live that suits their family and personal needs. what with the all dictatorship Jim? 

Well grab me something savoury and buckle me in, this could get good.

1 minute ago, JonJonTheDon said:

You must have been watching a totally different game to me, he never gave their defenders a moments rest. He provided well needed energy when others in the front line looked almost exhausted. 

exactly Jon. 

He is ideal for that pressing role

• Like 1

12 hours ago, TheRovers1994 said:

Carter being injured and Ayala being injury prone despite how good he is I’ve gone from thinking we need 1 defender to needing 2 get a perm in and then a loan in, JPVH in on loan would be great just can’t see him coming on a perm.. not for our budget anyway. Morton coming in will be competition and depth to midfield and the lad from peterbrough coming in as cover/comp for number 10 which will provide great options with dack being the bet there atm aswell as hedges, Dolan and Markanday also more than capable of that role. 

bowler would be a fantastic edition too especially if brereton is going, on the subject of brereton if he ain’t gonna sigh a new deal he needs to be sold while we can still make a profit rather than a lenihan/ nyambe/Rothwell situation where his agent has his contract run down and goes for newt or we have to sell for peanuts in January, sell him asap and we can bring in his replacement and more, minus brereton we have Dolan, Markanday, hedges and vale who can play that wide forward role, I don’t include gally cause he isn’t good there and needs to be front and centre so if BBD leaves then we are gonna need bowler and another to have the best depth and quality we can expect from that role if jdt wants to play that system but fortunately unlike mowbraysarus jdt can adapt his system to the teams strengths instead of the square pegs round holes mentality we had ti out yo with for 5 years… sticking anyone anywhere to play the stubborn old clowns stupid daft so called systems

How are you so sure that Tomasson can "adapt his system to the teams strengths instead of the square pegs round holes mentality" that Mowbray apparently had?

He played Gallagher out wide at the weekend and for all the talk of "fluid systems" that had been mentioned, he was as ineffective as he ever has been prior. 

You also mention Vale out wide, can he do that? He struggled in his natural position.

3 hours ago, superniko said:

To save me scrolling through pages can anyone explain this paragraph please?

@Paul Mani implied that he had heard that Ayala and Dack were really struggling in training following Tomasson's appointment.

I haven't had it clarified whether it came directly from a member of the coaching staff (which would be grossly unprofessional) or passed on.

26 minutes ago, roverstdt said:

I think everything is reading way too much into the Dack situation. The player has come back from two incredibly tough injuries. During the game we are winning 1-0 would we bring on an attacking threat when you are looking to protect the result. Dack was simply not the right player to bring for that match with how it was all played out. Dolan was the better choice due to his pressing. If we are 1-0 down and we need a bit of class in the box to get that goal then of course bring him on but we need to pick the starting 11 depending on the opponent we are playing to play to the teams strength. Dack will get his minutes. Yes he will be frustrated. But I don't think at all it is the end of the world. 

Definitely agree about reading too much in to it.

As a side note though, Dack is excellent at game management when leading so he would have been a useful sub.

The usage of subs was chalk and cheese, they just made loads and failed to generate any momentum, I was surprised to see only 1 made in comparison but ultimately it worked.

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

What does that even mean? If he had scored and led the line well, would I have still been "negative" and said he was poor regardless?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

would be very happy with Styles coming in. 

any idea on Centre back? 

Do we need another striker really tho?

I think we do need a proper central striker who can play back to goal if we're going to play a narrow front four. Thought this tactical analysis was good : https://www.lancs.live/sport/football/football-news/blackburn-rovers-tomasson-team-pressing-24639177?fbclid=IwAR0mj3IdRkBX6YF74ESabXNot69DeQMjmPvQbKNi6Ur8jk4pvWUBNFrZ1LA

Part of the issue with our forward play breaking down on Saturday is there was no focus for forward passing. Hedges, Vale, Dolan, Gallagher, Brereton all want to face the ball and carry it. You can't have all four of your front players doing that but be setup to play narrow one twos. You need someone to be comfortable playing back to goal and bringing others in.

Whats surprising though is we haven't been linked to any target men at all, so maybe that isn't the plan? Or maybe we will play that way without a target man, but it just seems a bit odd?

That said centre back is the critical priority. We need 1 in perm and 1 in loan ASAP. Ayala could go down any second, and Wharton has had his fair share of injury issues also. 

Edited by joey_big_nose

33 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

For me the 'Szmodics buying his Range Rover from a bloke in Peterborough but Jim thinking he lived in Essex' confusion was the best few pages of this thread by some distance 

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

What does that even mean? If he had scored and led the line well, would I have still been "negative" and said he was poor regardless?

I know you would posted what you did about Jack Vale's performance on here after the game