BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

1 hour ago, RV Blue said:

Lowe is the worst footballer to ever play for Blackburn Rovers more than semi regularly and nothing will change my mind.

Objection your Honour …. Chris Brown .. then Lowe 👍

8 hours ago, RoqueSantaBlues said:

I guess they'd wait til the end of the window to bring in one of those cbs on a free (Barbet, Mawson etc) not signed anywhere else either

one problem with signing a free agent towards end of the window is the lack of pre season training and what their fitness levels like

9 hours ago, JoeH said:

Clubs circling around to take Keinan Davis on a loan. He would add unreal value to us if we could do it. Probably end up at Boro

Wouldn't suited How JDT wants the front 4 to play. 

7 hours ago, bluebruce said:

We are advertising for a 'First Team Athletic Performance Coach'. My first thought was, is that not what Ben Rosen does? But I guess it's an underling for him. Do we normally have two coaches dedicated to fitness?

Last season with have 2 fitness coach with Liam Mason as head of fitness and Jack Dowling as number 2. Liam Mason left for Newcastle and Jack Dowling for Everton. Ben Rosen is the performance director so he is charge of the fitness training and routine. So its only natural to have 2 fitness coaches and something Rovers have had for years at the club

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RoverRB said:

In fairness he’s a head coach not a manager. None of this is his job.

In a way he (and all 'coaches not managers') has a pretty cosy gig with the role separation. Asked about transfers? Just tell them to ask Gregg. When they try to ask Gregg they're told he isn't talking til the end of the window.

Also means JDT can't be held responsible for transfers going wrong, all Gregg's fault. As long as things don't look fucked on the pitch, ie players who were already here performing worse than before, Broughton would probably be fired before JDT would be.

Please note, all those who are happy to have a go, this is not a criticism of JDT nor the club. And the flipside of course would be that he has reduced involvement in the players we sign for him, which might reduce his ability to deliver the results that keep him safe or progress his career. Though he still has final say.

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

one problem with signing a free agent towards end of the window is the lack of pre season training and what their fitness levels like

Wouldn't suited How JDT wants the front 4 to play. 

Last season with have 2 fitness coach with Liam Mason as head of fitness and Jack Dowling as number 2. Liam Mason left for Newcastle and Jack Dowling for Everton. Ben Rosen is the performance director so he is charge of the fitness training and routine. So its only natural to have 2 fitness coaches and something Rovers have had for years at the club

No, what is natural, is to have people in position that are good at their jobs.

5 hours ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Found it strange Levi Colwell is only a loan! I'd heard it was for £50m. 

So I reckon Brighton have another CB lined up for a perm.

replacement for Duffy

3 hours ago, bluebruce said:

I thought Ben Rosen had been brought in to replace Chris Rush (the fitness guy). Unless there was another that has scarpered too. You're right we have been bringing in a lot of backroom staff but we've been losing a lot too.

Rush left in March 2021. now working with Manchester United Women team 

1 hour ago, cesus said:

Jason Lowe made me take a step back from taking football so seriously. It was the Brentford game he got the ball in the centre circle and started running and running towards the sideline, he didn't stop, he literally ran the ball from the centre circle out of play. I'd already fallen out with the wife that day as I was wound up about the relegation and thought, why the hell am I stressed about this sport when this guy is a professional and this bad.

A poster on here (think it was @Neal had a video clip of that. He actually breaks forward,  see his arse, and then runs it out of play. It's a different level of shite it really is.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, lraC said:

Jason Lowe and John Buckley are poles apart. The reference about made by Miller 11 to the ex- Rovers players, is pretty accurate IMO.

Poles apart? They’re in a different dimension mate.

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Angry_Pirate said:

Jason Lowe was better than Richie Smallwood, nothing will change my mind

After having a piss-weak midfield for a couple of seasons, Smallwood was a breath of fresh air when he turned up in league one. Admittedly it was at a lower level so we’re not comparing like for like. 

The difference is when we got back in the Championship practically every one of us agreed that Smallwood could and should be improved upon.

However with Lowe he was “one of our own” and had come through the academy so some people vigorously defended him to high heaven even though it was clear he was nowhere near up to it at Championship level.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hasta said:

After having a piss-weak midfield for a couple of seasons, Smallwood was a breath of fresh air when he turned up in league one. Admittedly it was at a lower level so we’re not comparing like for like. 

The difference is when we got back in the Championship practically every one of us agreed that Smallwood could and should be improved upon.

However with Lowe he was “one of our own” and had come through the academy so some people vigorously defended him to high heaven even though it was clear he was nowhere near up to it at Championship level.

The first time I saw Lowe play I couldn’t believe how bad he was. All the things you look for in a pro footballer - he had none of them.

6 minutes ago, Hasta said:

4 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

The first time I saw Lowe play I couldn’t believe how bad he was. All the things you look for in a pro footballer - he had none of them.

What's most astounding isn't that people persisted in supporting him when he was out of his depth in the Championship, it's that Jason Lowe actually made 33 appearances in the Premier League, the strongest league on Earth.

16 minutes ago, rigger said:

What is his job, and how did it effect the team last season ?

Ben Rosen joined the club when JDT was appointed. Ben Rosen is the Rovers performance director which is the head of fitness. 

Last season we had Liam Mason as head of fitness and Jack Dowling as fitness coach. Jack Dowling left in March to joined Everton and Liam Mason left in May to Joined Newcastle

Here is 2 articles about Ben Rosen 

Training Ground Guru | Rosen named Blackburn Performance Director as Tomasson confirms staff

Ben Rosen's route to Blackburn Rovers - from Pochettino to Jon Dahl Tomasson - LancsLive

Edited by chaddyrovers
  • Like 3