BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

Just now, alexanders said:

I didn't say he was good or bad, just that I think our name might be linked to him. 

Never mind Alexander's, I thought it was another Bjorken, ie Flitiof Bjorken, who also plays In defence.. 

14 minutes ago, alexanders said:

Norwegian leftback Fredrik Bjørkan who was sold to Hertha Berlin from Bodø Glimt is being linked with a loan to Norwich. 

Will be exciting to see if we will be linked as well due to Greggs Bodø Glimt history and having worked with Fredrik for two years. 

https://www.getfootballnewsgermany.com/2022/norwich-city-make-enquiry-for-hertha-berlins-fredrik-andre-bjorkan/

Mentioned him earlier in the window as a potential target due to the connection with Broughton. Surely better than our current left backs.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Swanson said:

Mentioned him earlier in the window as a potential target due to the connection with Broughton. Surely better than our current left backs.

Not that difficult. I even think Amari Bell is possibly above both. 

Edited by JacknOry
  • Like 1

Marius Lode says in this article (in Norwegian) that he’s looking at his options, but that he has a standing offer from the Championship. You might think that’s from Gregg, since they worked together at B/G. 
https://www.vg.no/sport/fotball/i/AL4ww5/aapenhjertig-lode-forteller-om-tung-tid-og-utfrysing-i-tyskland-aapner-for-bodoe-glimt-retur

• Like 1

Even tough Marius Lode can't get a work permit in the UK, he still says that he has offers from the Championship. Wouldn't these clubs/club know this?

This is from VG:

"He confirms that there is dialogue with Bodø/Glimt about a return to Norway, in addition to the fact that he has standing offers from the English Championship, the Dutch honors division and other leagues in Germany, Switzerland and Austria, among others."

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Look4Me said:

Marius Lode says in this article (in Norwegian) that he’s looking at his options, but that he has a standing offer from the Championship. You might think that’s from Gregg, since they worked together at B/G. 
https://www.vg.no/sport/fotball/i/AL4ww5/aapenhjertig-lode-forteller-om-tung-tid-og-utfrysing-i-tyskland-aapner-for-bodoe-glimt-retur

Beat it to me, but yes the offer is supposedly from Rovers.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Look4Me said:

But he can’t get a work permit??

14 minutes ago, Look4Me said:

If it's from us he's likely to be left standing!

Surely he'd get a work permit?

Established senior player, international caps, etc?

You'd like to think that we'd not waste our time going in for him if he's unlikely to get a permit...

Edited by Andy
  • Like 1

Not seen this posted, apologies if it has:

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/he-can-score-goals-if-he-plays-regularly-nottingham-forest-set-to-compete-to-sign-blackburn-rovers-star-the-verdict/

A claim that BBD is a potential target for Forest. In an article that seems to fail to notice that we bought him from them in the first place...they're quoting TeamTalk, who casually mentioned it in their article.

So far, been linked to Sevilla, West Ham, Forest, Everton, Nice, Villa and Bournemouth. That's 7 clubs. Am I forgetting/missing any? Get your bids in if you want him, we've no time to piss around.

11 minutes ago, nbdelboy said:

maybe we're desperate enough at this point to try our luck with an appeal?

It would be desperate, I should think we're getting a bit late in the window for an appeal to be sorted out? I can certainly picture it though...'yeh we signed him in principle, expecting him to be approved at the appeal, but it was rejeced so what more could we do huh?'

Not sure if appeals for this can be heard at quicker notice than I realise though.

26 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

Is Lode even all that?

I think he would be decent enough for us. 

But if he can't get a work permit, I don't know why any club from the championship would offer him a contract. Would just be a waste of time. From the calculator I think he gets 10 points, and you need minimum 15.

12 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Wonder if Waggott is now expected to step away from football matters and concentrate on the business side of things but is finding it difficult to do so and can't resist still sticking his oar in to the detriment of all concerned.

Well I'm sure whatever he concentrates his efforts on will be a complete disaster. The man is as much use as a chocolate tea pot. Maybe that's why he makes such a good brew.....

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, Swanson said:

I think he would be decent enough for us. 

But if he can't get a work permit, I don't know why any club from the championship would offer him a contract. Would just be a waste of time. From the calculator I think he gets 10 points, and you need minimum 15.

Slightly off subject but what about the Malmo Left Back Knudsen ? Is he any good ? Did he play under JDT 

14 minutes ago, AJW said:

Slightly off subject but what about the Malmo Left Back Knudsen ? Is he any good ? Did he play under JDT 

Don't know if he is any good. But he is out in cold according to this :

https://www.aftonbladet.se/sportbladet/fotboll/a/7dX1EB/mff-mysteriet-jonas-knudsen-darfor-petades-han-fran-truppen

Didn't even make the bench last match. And the new manager played a CB at LB instead of Knudsen.

44 minutes ago, B16Rover said:

First time post and pure speculation but if I put my championship manager hat on and put myself in Greg's shoes I think we have a lot to offer players of smaller world cup teams who may be pushing to make the squad.   

As an example and having checked transfermarkt for free agents etc a 1 year deal for any of the below centre backs would be an interesting proposition - granted I can't say I've watched any of them play religiously but their pedigree looks good - and the discussion around wage structure is offset by lack of transfer fee

Timothee Kolodziejczak - dual national French/Polish, spent his career in La Liga and Ligue 1.  Plays centre back and left back and has been released by Saint Etienne in the summer.   Completion for Centre backs for Poland is scarce especially as they play with 3 (22 year old lower level Seria A league centre back,  25 year old lower level Ligue 1 centre back). Obviously there is a lot of dominoes to this but on the face of it is interesting.   Apparently qualifies for a work permit. 

Same idea for John Brooks who has spent his entire career in the Bundesliga before being released in the Summer.   29/30 years old and last chance at a world cup for America.   Again a centre back and a discussion might be there to be had.  Qualifies for a WP according to the checker website. 

N'Koulou - Cameroonian spent his career in Seria A.   Played 3 games for Watford last year before being released.  Same idea ref short term gamble which might be an alternative to a loan.  

Zegeelar - Dutch left back,  also released by Watford after 54 games for Udinese.  Aged 31 and ex Ajax youth so you'd expect could cope with the attacking side of JDTs system.   

Others out of a contact too Lewis Grabban aged 34 with 12 goals last year for Forrest and Miguel Hector long time championship centre back 

None fit with the Bodo/Glimt recruitment of lower league/youth but they do all potentially fill a gap and we may benefit from owning rather than loaning 

Great first post! You could do worse than actually sending this to the club, you know.

• Like 6