BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

3 minutes ago, yellowsubmarine said:

Saw this in an Everton forum. Poor nego from us if it's true. No way we are getting more than £12mil. 🤣

image.thumb.png.f847d5911e0a26608188e5e7058b051e.png

That's not what we've negotiated, that's a fan. They're not hitting any of those add-ons. More likely to get relegated.

5 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Let's be honest they've got form for this sort of thing - bringing in a lame duck to divert attention away from what is really going on and convince the masses that there is a positive plan or ambition. Whilst the focus is on that lame duck the real agenda accelerates away from view.

I think Paul Lambert was one of those - he might even have been aware of that himself and willing to go along with it - but he was brought in mid-season, all the focus shifted onto him and a bright future under a surprisingly good appointment. End result? It lasted a few months, they got Rhodes out of the door for over £10 million and the money disappeared, Lambert walked and we were left with a further exodus that summer.

Paul Senior another. Middle of a relegation season, fans rightly in uproar as to what had happened - bring in a snake oil salesman to smooth talk everyone about what grand plans he had and what was going to happen. I won't forget how enamoured many fans were by him and how wonderful things were going to be. End result? It lasted 5 months, we signed one player on loan and he was gone when we were relegated.

Broughton and by extension JDT are looking similar. Replace Rhodes with BBD and the similarities are obvious.

Meanwhile the owners, more importantly their man in the shadows, persist in the background yet NEVER get any direct focus or criticism from the press, left alone to continue doing whatever it is they do.

The price of employing a Lambert, Senior or Broughton for 6-12 months absolutely minimal in the scheme of things if it means the agenda can be delivered quickly and quietly.

I suspect you were a big fan of the X Files in the 90s.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, JHRover said:

Let's be honest they've got form for this sort of thing - bringing in a lame duck to divert attention away from what is really going on and convince the masses that there is a positive plan or ambition. Whilst the focus is on that lame duck the real agenda accelerates away from view.

I think Paul Lambert was one of those - he might even have been aware of that himself and willing to go along with it - but he was brought in mid-season, all the focus shifted onto him and a bright future under a surprisingly good appointment. End result? It lasted a few months, they got Rhodes out of the door for over £10 million and the money disappeared, Lambert walked and we were left with a further exodus that summer.

Paul Senior another. Middle of a relegation season, fans rightly in uproar as to what had happened - bring in a snake oil salesman to smooth talk everyone about what grand plans he had and what was going to happen. I won't forget how enamoured many fans were by him and how wonderful things were going to be. End result? It lasted 5 months, we signed one player on loan and he was gone when we were relegated.

Broughton and by extension JDT are looking similar. Replace Rhodes with BBD and the similarities are obvious.

Meanwhile the owners, more importantly their man in the shadows, persist in the background yet NEVER get any direct focus or criticism from the press, left alone to continue doing whatever it is they do.

The price of employing a Lambert, Senior or Broughton for 6-12 months absolutely minimal in the scheme of things if it means the agenda can be delivered quickly and quietly.

It is true we still live more in hope that the shadows in the background are benevolent rather than dangerous. When you paint the picture like that, it does seem like a recurring pattern, and one which we could well be locked into permanently until the Venksters rock off. 

So many things about our club remain opaque, and far too little is done to engage supporters - it is almost as if we are irrelevant in the grand scheme of things. 

Sad.

If the window does end up being a disaster I want this broughton chap gone (and Venkys also obv ). I was genuinely excited by how he spoke but this no interview (or even a reassuring statement or comment on website) is p@ssing me off. I don't care that other DOF at other clubs don't comment, most are established and get the job done, he's new and you couldn't shut him up the first week or two. 

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, Shirley Crabtree Wrestler said:

It is true we still live more in hope that the shadows in the background are benevolent rather than dangerous. When you paint the picture like that, it does seem like a recurring pattern, and one which we could well be locked into permanently until the Venksters rock off. 

So many things about our club remain opaque, and far too little is done to engage supporters - it is almost as if we are irrelevant in the grand scheme of things. 

Sad.

Personally, I wouldn't be getting too hung up on any pictures painted by JH Rover - guaranteed it won't end well.....

• Like 2

So BBD to be sold anytime now. Let’s stop thinking any fancy full ideas. We might end up with:

CB maybe 2 neither of the vans

new striker and probably a cheap one at that.

that’s it and that’s being optimistic. JDT will walk soon after and followed by gb. This is rovers under venky control. It’s going to be a long long season. We are relegation fodder 

35 minutes ago, Wheelton Blue said:

..or increase revenue (ticket sales, sponsorships etc.)

But to do that, we'd need an effective CEO and commercial department.

Yep price increases are counter productive and imo the extra revenue a club like us gains from that isn't much at in terms of boosting the playing budget.

3-5k extra ST holders though can make a bigger difference for a variety of reasons.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, eire3382 said:

So BBD to be sold anytime now. Let’s stop thinking any fancy full ideas. We might end up with:

CB maybe 2 neither of the vans

new striker and probably a cheap one at that.

that’s it and that’s being optimistic. JDT will walk soon after and followed by gb. This is rovers under venky control. It’s going to be a long long season. We are relegation fodder 

Go outside and get some fresh air ffs. The weathers lovely at the minute 

• Like 3

If/when bbd does leave I hope it's to a club that will benefit his football career more than his bank balance! Somwhere like Forest with a real manager and way of playing that suits his game. Evertons a joke with delusional fans, Lampard won't last the season there gurenteed, can see them finally getting relegated sooner or later... 

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, yellowsubmarine said:

Saw this in an Everton forum. Poor nego from us if it's true. No way we are getting more than £12mil. 🤣

image.thumb.png.f847d5911e0a26608188e5e7058b051e.png

They got Maupay in the building having a medical

Id be pissed off if he came here...Everton going down

Edited by Sparks Rover
  • Like 1

Maupay in a similar position to Diaz contract wise. Don't think he ever scored 22 goals in the championship either. Plus he's older, with less potential both ability wise and sell on. Nor is he a full international with a massive fan base to potentially tap in to. We as a club should've done far more with that by the way when diazmania kicked off. And they're paying 15 million for him. We should be getting at least that if not more.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gav said:

I watched a Sheff Utd side rip us to pieces last Saturday, they've already done there business, a side going places which included a very lively Khadra that we got nowhere near all afternoon.

You must have been at a different game from me. 

Khadra was his usual ineffective self when they played us. Had pace and nothing else. Wasted several chances for them and then was subbed off. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Danny O.Brien said:

Maupay in a similar position to Diaz contract wise. Don't think he ever scored 22 goals in the championship either. Plus he's older, with less potential both ability wise and sell on. Nor is he a full international with a massive fan base to potentially tap in to. We as a club should've done far more with that by the way when diazmania kicked off. And they're paying 15 million for him. We should be getting at least that if not more.

We should have done more to capitalise on the diaz mania but that would have taken brain power and effort.

5 minutes ago, Danny O.Brien said:

When Diazmania kicked off we should have been arranging fixtures in Chile and tapping into the massive interest there. All sort of other link ups we could have done there too with Chilean sponsors etc.

Aside from a couple of new t-shirts in the club shop have we done anything to capitalise on his unexpected yet massive rise?

• Like 8

4 hours ago, alexanders said:

What a deadline day it’s going to be! 🥳

who is going to replace Brereton then? 

if we are looking at Coventry for players I would like Gyokeres 

another name worth looking at is Keinan Davis and also maybe Mark Harris who our head of recruitment know well. That would maybe include Luke Jephcott. 

it isn’t very inspiring. Not many strikers out there 

Davis has gone to Watford. 

Gyokeres would cost too much for us unless we get the majority of BBD money

3 hours ago, Gav said:

It’s getting rather desperate now isn’t it?

JDT joined the club 2 months ago and we still haven’t plugged any of the gaps left by outgoing players from last season.

On his appointment he said:

“We have a young team here, and also a great academy, and the owners have a clear vision, which is to develop players and become a sustainable Premier League club over time, so I’m really happy to be involved in this exciting new chapter,” Tomasson said.

Well JDT, you can’t say you didn’t know what you were signing up for……

We still haven't plugged any of the gaps? really? so Brittain has replaced Nyambe or Szmodics replace Khadra or Morton replace Johnson. Maybe you been living in a different world this last few weeks. 

1 hour ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Sunderland are close to signing a young lad called Michut from PSG as well as Ven Hecke. Can’t be a bad player - he played 5 times for PSG last year at just 19.

Seems other clubs are showing some imagination.

Bid been rejected Somerset Rover by PSG. 

2 hours ago, Gav said:

To be honest Mowbray worked wonders in the final days of last seasons transfer window with only £1.99 to spend, but your main point is spot on Wing Wizard.

I watched a Sheff Utd side rip us to pieces last Saturday, they've already done there business, a side going places which included a very lively Khadra that we got nowhere near all afternoon.

Apathetic is the word, it starts in Pune, why should anyone give a toss if the owners don't.........

Mowbray was very lucky to survive as long as he did. 

Khadra was awful Gav. Too much of show pony and player I'm pleased we didn't re sign this summer.