BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

1 minute ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

Can't pretend to be overly excited about Caulker, but then again I'm on the fence about needing a second centre back coming in (unless we want to play 3 at the back).

If Caulker is cheap back up and comes in alongside a SVDB or Hyam, then it could be a shrewd move.

I think JDT has hinted players might leave. Maybe Carter out on loan for another season? 

Just now, ItsRoverZ said:

Jdt also quoted saying he expects 3 signings before deadline ...I'm fucking praying it's double that! As 2 of the 3 seem to be the CBs caulker and hyam

Three?! That’s some come down from the muted 6-7. Especially if one is Caulker. And we’ll probably fall short of even that target!

4 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

He hasn't been in England for 5 years. During that time he's floated around a rather poor Turkish league. 

He's a body through the door, in a position we are short in.  He may turn out to be ok, he may be useless. Let's not kid ourselves that we've played a blinder to get him though.

It only makes sense if the money goes somewhere else in the team. 

Not a poor league compared to Championship. Almost every season there are at least one Turkish team in the champions league group stages. Galatasaray, Fenerbache, Besiktas, Bursaspor are not bad teams. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

I think JDT has hinted players might leave. Maybe Carter out on loan for another season? 

I'd be disappointed at that. One of the star men at Pompey and my Pompey-supporting mate was convinced he was far too good for League One 

3 signings would be disappointing. If they’re of the same promise and quality as Brittain it would be a satisfactory window, but Jesus 3 doesn’t seem anywhere near enough.

9 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

I truly hope to eat my words but our transfer business to date this summer (or our rumoured targets), IMO is not signal of a side that is itching to compete towards the top end of the table.

Anel was. But instead we're in a tight hole...

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

Can't pretend to be overly excited about Caulker, but then again I'm on the fence about needing a second centre back coming in (unless we want to play 3 at the back).

If Caulker is cheap back up and comes in alongside a SVDB or Hyam, then it could be a shrewd move.

i never thought caulker was any good even in his prime,i really don`t know anything about hyam,other than coventry fans rate him

can`t understand neill wanting to leave sunderland for stoke,though it could work out that mowbray(living in the area )would jump at the chance to manage them,they deserve him imo😆

12 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

He hasn't been in England for 5 years. During that time he's floated around a rather poor Turkish league. 

He's a body through the door, in a position we are short in.  He may turn out to be ok, he may be useless. Let's not kid ourselves that we've played a blinder to get him though.

It only makes sense if goes somewhere else in the team. 

Will probably cost less than loaning the kid from Liverpool, who we didn't want to promise starts to.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, smiller14 said:

I didn't think he was awful. How he left left a bitter taste but he generally exceeded expectations and earned a move to Sheffield United as a result. 

And lasted how long before going to Australia?

11 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

It only makes sense if the money goes somewhere else in the team. 

I don’t think anyone thinks we’ve pulled a blinder. He experience we’re craving in a very young squad. If the Coventry lad is coming I presume he’s our number 1 player on the list. 

SVDB was supposed to be here now so I presume Vaulker is a ‘panic’ buy and if he’s free & on low wage I’d say it’s a good buy. 

Again, a freebie means more money to hopefully spend on our 3rd signing which no one is aware of. Hopefully he’s a midfielder or attacker 🤞🏻 

• Backroom
19 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

I can’t help but think there’d be a lot more dissenting voices around Caulker if it was the first week in June. Expectations falling all round as we approach the end of the window.

The irony being he would have been a better signing then rather than after back to back humblings 

Caulker is a decent back up signing.

Ayala/ Wharton first choice, Hyam back up, then Caulker and carter with Phillips included that’s not a bad six.

Now if Caulker was being brought in as a first choice CB I would be worried…

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JacknOry said:

And lasted how long before going to Australia?

I commented on how he performed at Rovers, not afterwards. Didn't take the league by storm but was alright and we wanted to keep him. He pitched up at Roma briefly on trial but was unsurprisingly not kept on. In my view, he certainly wasn't awful at Rovers and was actually a pretty good squad player.

The parallels drawn were the way in which both were quickly written off and derided as over the hill. 

Not saying I'm over the moon of course, and would be very disappointed if not joined by another centre back. 

22 minutes ago, alexanders said:

Not a poor league compared to Championship. Almost every season there are at least one Turkish team in the champions league group stages. Galatasaray, Fenerbache, Besiktas, Bursaspor are not bad teams. 

Almost every season there’s one team from an entire league that qualifies and fails to make it out the group. Usually they get battered every game. 

Caulker plays for the equivalent of Crystal Palace in that league, on loan from Fenebache who are a top four side that haven’t battled for the league in a while now (or at least, it feels like it). He hasn’t even played a game for Fenebache according to Wikipedia. 

I don’t know too much about him, because he never stood out, but what I do know is the quality of the league is overall very poor.

Someone will come and show a YouTube video with some XG that says he’s good… but I’m putting it on record that he plays for a mid table team, in a very poor League that bar the top two or three teams, where (when I used to watch weekly) lower Championship / League One standard.