BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

2 minutes ago, roverandout said:

I don't understand why when we have gone European with jdt and Broughton (can't remember his name off the top of my head).  We have gone back to the old regime of buying players domestically in the English leagues.  Hyam and caulker (yes he's abroad but he's well known to the domestic game) could have been done by anyone at Rovers. Wheres the imagination of scouring Europe for hidden gems. When farke was appointed Norwich manager he unearthed gems like pukki.  This just smacks of laziness on Broughton's part. We have basically bought wholly on the domestic level instead of putting some effort into finding some unknowns that could turn out to be real gems the way Brentford have done.

It's harder to get the foreign signings in now they have to meet the wp threshold and the still have to apply for a permit with our vacuum at the top lasting so long domestic was probably seen as the way to go this window at least.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Let's say we get Caulker and Hyam.  Do you feel the squad is well balanced? Better or worse than last year?

much worse.  Minus 2 players in the first division in BBD and Rothwell and 2 players to championship sides and depth with championship experience.  Added 2 players from league 2 + one from championship and kids with no championship experience to fill the squad

21 minutes ago, glen9mullan said:

Just my opinion, i've shook it around for a few hours, but based on two signings from relegated sides, a loan from Liverpool, and the possibility of Caulker, Hyam and A.N nother.

Add to that the likely loss of Brereton, then I think we could of Given the DOF role to 95% of this MSG board and felt we'd had a better transfer window.

I'd of rather of agreed new deals with Rothwell, Lenihan and Nyambe and signed no-body and kept the cash.

The young players we have would still have got opportunities, and squad wise although worse off through the loss of the loans, at least i could accept that this is the model.

A week for the club to ease my fears, but as things stand its been pathetic so far

What happened to that Chilean you mentioned? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ItsRoverZ said:

We don't do business on a weekend do we so unless any deals are announced late tonight, we can just assume we have to wait until Monday at the earliest 

We operate a snails pace. If the bid has only just been accepted, it'll be middle of next week before we announce anything.

17 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Widely reported £2.5m for Szmodics 😳

£1.5 m for Brittain and £2.5m for Hyam.

In fact Nixon thought we'd have to go far higher to get Hyam but we'll go with the lower figure.

Oh people are believing nixon today than😄 is it just every other day he's the monster in the closet 

14 minutes ago, roverandout said:

I don't understand why when we have gone European with jdt and Broughton (can't remember his name off the top of my head).  We have gone back to the old regime of buying players domestically in the English leagues.  Hyam and caulker (yes he's abroad but he's well known to the domestic game) could have been done by anyone at Rovers. Wheres the imagination of scouring Europe for hidden gems. When farke was appointed Norwich manager he unearthed gems like pukki.  This just smacks of laziness on Broughton's part. We have basically bought wholly on the domestic level instead of putting some effort into finding some unknowns that could turn out to be real gems the way Brentford have done.

The Brentford model doesn't work post-Brexit.

Many of the 'gems' they found simply wouldn't qualify for a work permit anymore.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

i wonder if jdt is planning to go three at the back with the addition of hyam,with that area of the pitch sorted,bowler and a nippy mobile striker needed

I think he is and it makes sense 

Ayala, Hyam, Wharton, Carter and Philips.

With Edun, Pickering, Brittain, JRC as wingbacks. the wingbacks isnt good enough imo, but it is What it is. They might develop and I think LWB suits Edun better than LB. 

we need a Striker and I think we Are sorted. Depends on Brereton of course 

30 minutes ago, glen9mullan said:

Just my opinion, i've shook it around for a few hours, but based on two signings from relegated sides, a loan from Liverpool, and the possibility of Caulker, Hyam and A.N nother.

Add to that the likely loss of Brereton, then I think we could of Given the DOF role to 95% of this MSG board and felt we'd had a better transfer window.

I'd of rather of agreed new deals with Rothwell, Lenihan and Nyambe and signed no-body and kept the cash.

The young players we have would still have got opportunities, and squad wise although worse off through the loss of the loans, at least i could accept that this is the model.

A week for the club to ease my fears, but as things stand its been pathetic so far

Except Broughton didn't have the option of keeping any of Rothwell, Lenihan or Nyambe.

• Like 5

36 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Really really hope we end up with SVDB and not Caulker.

Signing Hyam must mean we were unable to agree a fee with Brighton for JPVH. We were prepared to pay quite a bit more for him as well seemingly.

Why would we spend all that money on Hyam and still want SVDB with the CB cover we now have. Caulker is a cover player & is free so it’s less pressure to start.

If we now sign SVDB on loan then I think it would be a waste considering we have Wharton, Ayala, Hyam, Carter & Phillips. No doubt Phillips will go on loan but to me it’s a waste of wages to bring in a CB, who will be forced on us to play…

For me CB or defence is covered with a weakened left side.

It’s now to the stage if this 3rd & final player is SVBD I’d peed off. We need some attackers. 

Edited by BankEnd Rover
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, alexanders said:

I think he is and it makes sense 

Ayala, Hyam, Wharton, Carter and Philips.

With Edun, Pickering, Brittain, JRC as wingbacks. the wingbacks isnt good enough imo, but it is What it is. They might develop and I think LWB suits Edun better than LB. 

we need a Striker and I think we Are sorted. Depends on Brereton of course 

brittain wil be better as a wing back then a full back,you can tell he`s always looking to get forward

the others are a write off,edun is ok in the middle,pickering is to slow and should be used as an emergency centre back and nothing jrc has done has ever made me think this lad is a half decent player,he`s the slowest footballer iv`e ever seen

1 hour ago, Finlay McKenna said:

Depending on who the 3/4 incomings are I think we’ll probably finish the window just as strong as we finished last summer, don’t see any reason why we can’t compete for playoffs, all a test of how good JDT really is

1 hour ago, Finlay McKenna said:

Think If we’re going to compare the squad we finished last summer with and then squad we finish this summer with we need to consider perspective, how how was JPVH perceived Sep 1st 2021? If I were to do a H2H squad comparison of how confident I’d be in the squad we finish this window with to how confident I was in the squad we finished last window with I’d expect it to overwhelmingly favour this season.

What sort of logic is that? Based on misinformed opinions on players like Van Hecke who won player of the season.

Surely the comparison is on the actual squad.

57 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

6 signings in total, yeah? Plus another 1 or 2 if BBD goes and promotion of the likes of Phillips, Carter, Adam Wharton, Garrett and Vale into the first team set up?

Numbers seem right to me…🤷🏽‍♂️

Numbers maybe, quality less so. Vale and Phillips clearly aren't ready.

The squad wasn't big enough last season and there is even less first team experience this season.

19 minutes ago, yankfan said:

much worse.  Minus 2 players in the first division in BBD and Rothwell and 2 players to championship sides and depth with championship experience.  Added 2 players from league 2 + one from championship and kids with no championship experience to fill the squad

These kind of comments are so disingenuous. 

Brittain last played in L1 in 2020. Did Szmodics not score 6 goals in the Championship last year? 

Edited by Exiled_Rover
  • Like 6

9 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Why would we spend all that money on Hyam and still want SVDB with the CB cover we now have. Caulker is a cover player & is free so it’s less pressure to start.

If we now sign SVDB on loan then I think it would be a waste considering we have Wharton, Ayala, Hyam, Carter & Phillips. No doubt Phillips will go on loan but to me it’s a waste of wages to bring in a CB, who will be forced on us to play…

For me CB or defence is covered with a weakened on the left side.

It’s now to the stage if this 3rd & final player is SVBD I’d peed off. We need some attackers. 

Yep, if we bring in Caulker and Hyam then Sepp van den Berg is surplus to requirements. Otherwise you're just blocking the chance for Carter to play, which goes against what they say the new model is. 

In my opinion we're desperate for a LB that can mirror what Brittain does at RB - that would improve us as a team more than any other signing we could make. 

Edited by Exiled_Rover
  • Like 5

21 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

i wonder if jdt is planning to go three at the back with the addition of hyam,with that area of the pitch sorted,bowler and a nippy mobile striker needed

I think his preferred formation is 4-2-3-1, but he likes the option to switch to a 3-4-3 against stronger opponents. He tried it against Sheffield Utd before realising we simply didn't have the CBs to pull it off that day.