BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

28 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

There seems to be a lot of knowledge about this Birmancevic, I know he is a left winger but in the absence of ever having watched Malmo, what type of player is he?

I suspect that its hypothetical anyway, it seems like if we can get it done, based especially on the LT that our remaining business will be Hyam, another centre back on loan and an attcking player on loan. That coupled with a Brereton sale would leave us desperately short.

Birmancevic has a lot of potential. He mostly plays as a left winger. Good technique, good finisher, and quite fast. However, he can be seen as a bit of a "luxury player". He doesn't work hard defensively, which can leave the left back playing behind him exposed. This season, his performances has been very inconsistent. The previous Malmö manager subbed him off around halftime on at least 2 occasions due to poor performances. The manager in question has since been sacked, and Birmancevic has performed better lately. 

Because of his potential, I think Malmö FF would want a lot of money to sell him. It is a rich club, so they don't really need to sell players. I don't think Rovers have any chance to get him.

Hyam sounds like a promising signing, hopefully we get it over the line soon.

We really need a striker. As someone else mentioned, I would be looking at buying Jonson Clarke-Harris. Good finisher. Shouldn't be too expensive. Hirst on a loan sounds disappointing.

We also need a left back and an experienced aggressive central midfielder.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

Someone said Caulker to Rovers was 'done'. 

Hopefully Hyam gets done. 

Likely that we’ve turned him down mate. Deal was there to be done if we wanted it….two out of Hyam, Caulker, SVDB and now JPvH. My guess is that Hyam IS done and Neil going to Stoke means that JP and / Or SVDB on loan are now favoured. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Likely that we’ve turned him down mate. Deal was there to be done if we wanted it….two out of Hyam, Caulker, SVDB and now JPvH. My guess is that Hyam IS done and Neil going to Stoke means that JP and / Or SVDB on loan are now favoured. 

I demand bodies!

I can see the need for 2 CB's, but not 3 unless Ayala has pre-booked some sick leave 🙂 I'm not sure JDT likes 3 at the back if he can help it. 

15 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

I demand bodies!

I can see the need for 2 CB's, but not 3 unless Ayala has pre-booked some sick leave 🙂 I'm not sure JDT likes 3 at the back if he can help it. 

My guess is Hyam, SVDB, Hirst and Birmancevic (when BBD goes). Styles the icing on the cake 👍🏼

Edited by Paul Mani
  • Like 1

ST

Joe Gelhardt - Loan

Rodrigo Muniz – Loan

Fabio Silva – Loan

Ellis Simms - Loan

Cameron Archer - Loan

Santiago Munoz - Loan

Troy Parrott – Loan

Luke Plange - Loan

Dane Scarlett - Loan

Jay Stansfeld - Loan

Andy Carroll - Free

Josh Maja - 500K

Shane Long - Free

Lyle Taylor – Loan

Dominic Udoh - 700k

Colby Bishop - 500k

Ryan Hardie - 800k

Luke Jepchott - 700k

George Hirst -  700k

Liam Delap - Loan

List of potential striker targets I drafted at the start of July, whittled itself down pretty fast

Looks like one conversation was enough for Caulker to say no thanks to the project. Can't blame him for wanting to go and play under Pirlo, I suppose.

Let's hope there are other options lined up. I think if it is a case of SVDB or Van Hecke it's likely to be the former due to his versatility.

Just now, SuperBrfc said:

Looks like one conversation was enough for Caulker to say no thanks to the project. Can't blame him for wanting to go and play under Pirlo, I suppose.

Let's hope there are other options lined up. I think if it is a case of SVDB or Van Hecke it's likely to be the former due to his versatility.

Think the more likely scenario is he was a plan B that is no longer needed...

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, Finlay McKenna said:

The more i think about it the more i can back the Hirst signing

As I pointed out not much worse stats than Hardin and also younger than him. 

I would like someone who is a bit more tried in the championship but Vardy came from Fleetwood! 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, SuperBrfc said:

More than likely he was the backup plan if we couldn't get the Hyam deal sorted.

• Like 1