BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

24 minutes ago, Gav said:

It really does baffle me how fans just tow the party line, have fallen for the spin coming out of the club and have little or no ambition beyond that.

How did Wolves get out of this league? How are Boro spending money an very good players, how about Hull City a few years back? Blackpool spent more than we did last season.

We used to be a small town club with massive ambition, since these idiots took us over we are a small town club with no ambition. 

Boro are spending money cos they have sold players like Spence and Tavernier to PL clubs for 20 mil and 12.5 million pounds. 

Hull City owners wanted to spend but couldn't cos of FFP. 

2 minutes ago, TheKitGuy said:

Led to believe Ross Barkley is a name we will be hearing more often.. 

Player fancies it especially with it being close to home so no proper relocation required.. 

1 year deal with the option for a further based on appearances, player feels it will be a similar situation to MGW at Sheff United last season given a solid season he will be back in the Prem even if Rovers aren't promoted. 

JDT promised a 'Marquee' signing by Gregg to kick-start the 'project', The family back in Pune are said to be happy to put some of the BBD money towards his wages.. with the view for him to be announced Thursday morning and BBD set to depart Thursday afternoon. 

RB due to Brockhall tomorrow morning to be shown round and if happy complete a medical. 

Would be an absolute disaster. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

Having a basic grasp of FFP isn't towing the party line ffs.

Right so Wolverhampton Wanderers last had a average attendance of over 28 thousand fans in the championship, do you need me to go on?

Lets call that an extra £7m in gate receipts over a season and thats being generous - yes do carry on.

3 minutes ago, Galz said:

A mate of mine supports City. When their owners came in and wanted to get big quick without the fans/ revenue that’s what they apparently did. Decent wages with massive bonus  money that couldn’t fail to be paid, this in turn got the players up to the money they wanted during the duration of the contract. It’s only the actual contract that counts and not the bonus money if what he told me is correct. 

If that was the case then I don’t believe it is now. 

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Gav said:

It really does baffle me how fans just tow the party line, have fallen for the spin coming out of the club and have little or no ambition beyond that.

How did Wolves get out of this league? How are Boro spending money an very good players, how about Hull City a few years back? Blackpool spent more than we did last season.

We used to be a small town club with massive ambition, since these idiots took us over we are a small town club with no ambition. 

Wolves had a stadium full. 
Boro have a stadium full and have sold 30M quid worth of players.
Hull are in year 1/3 for FFP so can afford to spend. 

FFP restricts clubs like us. The reason why Venkys don’t do things like repair the stadium is because Waggott spends almost every single penny they give him on the squad. He won’t ask for more money because his sole job is to hit the agreed budget. The ambition starts in the board room and they’re all on easy street. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TheKitGuy said:

Player fancies it especially with it being close to home so no proper relocation required.. 

1 year deal with the option for a further based on appearances, player feels it will be a similar situation to MGW at Sheff United last season given a solid season he will be back in the Prem even if Rovers aren't promoted. 

JDT promised a 'Marquee' signing by Gregg to kick-start the 'project', The family back in Pune are said to be happy to put some of the BBD money towards his wages.. with the view for him to be announced Thursday morning and BBD set to depart Thursday afternoon. 

RB due to Brockhall tomorrow morning to be shown round and if happy complete a medical. 

Haha come off it.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, TheKitGuy said:

Hard to see this being true.

Barkley however bad he has been at Chelsea will have interest.Both Celtic and Rangers have an interest and can offer champions league football .

3 minutes ago, J*B said:

FFP restricts clubs like us. The reason why Venkys don’t do things like repair the stadium is because Waggott spends almost every single penny they give him on the squad. He won’t ask for more money because his sold job is to hit the agreed budget. The ambition starts in the board room and they’re all on easy street. 

Could Venkys not buy 10,000 season tickets for their friends ?🤣

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, TheKitGuy said:

What’s that smell…?

• Like 1

Barkley is a free agent, 28 and looking for a club. It would be a big signing for Rovers if they could pull it off, and he would certainly provide some steel for our floppy midfield. 

We will believe it when we see it, I suppose 😉

6 minutes ago, J*B said:

FFP restricts clubs like us. The reason why Venkys don’t do things like repair the stadium is because Waggott spends almost every single penny they give him on the squad. He won’t ask for more money because his sold job is to hit the agreed budget. The ambition starts in the board room and they’re all on easy street. 

Hull also sold Lewis Potter for 17 million.

Yeah we may have only spent around the £4 million mark this summer but In terms of net spends it's one of the biggest so far this summer in the championship.

Do I believe if FFP didn't exist Venkys would go all out and spend  multi millions in the transfer market?No 

But they do spend money on the team sporadically and clubs with similar incomes like your Prestons etc don't go out spending £5 million and £8 million fees on individual players.Nor did they run wagebills as big as ours were for years .

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Galz said:

A mate of mine supports City. When their owners came in and wanted to get big quick without the fans/ revenue that’s what they apparently did. Decent wages with massive bonus  money that couldn’t fail to be paid, this in turn got the players up to the money they wanted during the duration of the contract. It’s only the actual contract that counts and not the bonus money if what he told me is correct. 

My friend is also a Man City fan and I want to throttle him whenever we talk about football.

They lucked into one rich owner, who was then arrested for fraud, and stumbled into the best owners in football. What they've done with the East side of Manchester beggars belief.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, EgyptianPete said:

Please elaborate as to why. in a structured manner??? 

I don’t have the full details so won’t because I don’t want to say something wrong. But if it was that simple I’m sure plenty would be at it because of the returns from the premier league. 

The biggest work around I’ve seen recently is Udinese signing the Watford player for 16M and sending him back to Watford on loan. They’re owned by the same person. 

4 minutes ago, Galz said:

Could Venkys not buy 10,000 season tickets for their friends ?🤣

Thats what Jack did, he bought 5000 every year to help balance the books, you have to have a will to succeed, our lot barely have a pulse. 

• Like 4