BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray's Reign...& is he off to Sunderland ?

13 minutes ago, Mellor Rover said:

Agreed with this. We had the best 11 in the league on paper for 2 years.

Very close to it, although I think considering we set up as a standard 442 we were badly lacking in quality midfielders. Cairney was there when we played him in his proper position, but if Jason Lowe was the best option to play alongside him then that in itself shows how badly lacking we were in that dept. 

Other than that, I agree though. Two strikers scoring over 20, plus Cairney, Josh King, Hanley, Duffy, Marshall when he had his head screwed on. Not to mention how under used Dunn was, and Alan Judge and Jack O'Connell just before then. Ridiculous that we only ever flirted with the play offs.m

• Like 2

Here’s my take / opinion based on a few bits I’ve heard and reading between the lines…

So, I KNOW that the training ground was rife with rumours last March that TM was gone at the end of the season, everyone knew. I also heard whispers that they’d interviewed and had maybe chosen one - I suspected Wilder or Neill but never had any confirmation.

For some reason, it didn’t happen. Maybe it was the candidates choice, maybe the clubs choice in terms of the timing for FFP or maybe Venkys decided against it? Who knows? But I do think there was a plan (of sorts) hatched then…

The cutting back, not investing in the summer or in particular at Christmas and the lack of any contact with TM was telling especially with the sale of Arma and the training ground money which puts us in a much better situation from this summer.

I also recall the conversation I had with Waggott after the Forest game when he openly said TM would’ve been sacked if we’d capitulated again like Fulham. Those conversations are signs that the relationship is dead really.

Then we had our hiatus and with it, Waggott and Venkys went quiet. Tony isn’t in the circle of trust anymore.

So, my take is that there’s a plan to restructure this summer, new manager, new regime and money to spend (FFP clear).

How good that plan is, who will take it forward, how much money will be spent and how successful it will be are anyones guess. But I do feel the next few weeks will be interesting, if nothing else!

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

So Waggott is still in the ‘circle of trust’ then, unless I’ve read your post wrongly?

Well he believed he had the power to sack Mowbray after the Forest game and this was after March 21 which would lead me to think he was a part of the plan to replace Mowbray initially. Also, Mowbray refers to ‘Mr Waggott’ and ‘the men in suits’ as one in an ‘us and them’ context….so I’m assuming Swag IS in the know, even if he’s leaving too!

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Here’s my take / opinion based on a few bits I’ve heard and reading between the lines…

So, I KNOW that the training ground was rife with rumours last March that TM was gone at the end of the season, everyone knew. I also heard whispers that they’d interviewed and had maybe chosen one - I suspected Wilder or Neill but never had any confirmation.

For some reason, it didn’t happen. Maybe it was the candidates choice, maybe the clubs choice in terms of the timing for FFP or maybe Venkys decided against it? Who knows? But I do think there was a plan (of sorts) hatched then…

The cutting back, not investing in the summer or in particular at Christmas and the lack of any contact with TM was telling especially with the sale of Arma and the training ground money which puts us in a much better situation from this summer.

I also recall the conversation I had with Waggott after the Forest game when he openly said TM would’ve been sacked if we’d capitulated again like Fulham. Those conversations are signs that the relationship is dead really.

Then we had our hiatus and with it, Waggott and Venkys went quiet. Tony isn’t in the circle of trust anymore.

So, my take is that there’s a plan to restructure this summer, new manager, new regime and money to spend (FFP clear).

How good that plan is, who will take it forward, how much money will be spent and how successful it will be are anyones guess. But I do feel the next few weeks will be interesting, if nothing else!

It's the hope that kills you!

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

For what it's worth, Wilder was in the lounge / padded seats for the Coventry home match back in October, on his own. No rumours, saw him myself. That was 1 month before Boro took him on.

• Like 4

Simon Jordan very much on the side of Venky’s. Jim White and an other saying they owe him ‘respect’ to discuss what’s happening with him. Simon Jordan (ex palace owner) says they owe him the respect of the contract he has and nothing else. It’s up to them when they discuss a new one, or if they do at all. Also says with 2/3 games to go, it’s not the time for such a conversation and he wouldn’t have done it either.

5 minutes ago, Mellor Rover said:

Simon Jordan very much on the side of Venky’s. Jim White and an other saying they owe him ‘respect’ to discuss what’s happening with him. Simon Jordan (ex palace owner) says they owe him the respect of the contract he has and nothing else. It’s up to them when they discuss a new one, or if they do at all. Also says with 2/3 games to go, it’s not the time for such a conversation and he wouldn’t have done it either.

Jordan usually talks a lot of sense and is spot on here once again.

White is thick as mince, although half the time he probably takes the opposing view purely for dramatic effect.

• Like 1

The owners are an absolute disgrace, another shambles that drags the club through mud once again. You treat people as you wish to be treated.

Another low under these bastards.

Venkys Out!

Edited by Gav
  • Like 8

36 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Well he believed he had the power to sack Mowbray after the Forest game and this was after March 21 which would lead me to think he was a part of the plan to replace Mowbray initially. Also, Mowbray refers to ‘Mr Waggott’ and ‘the men in suits’ as one in an ‘us and them’ context….so I’m assuming Swag IS in the know, even if he’s leaving too!

I guess if Waggott thinks that his buddy, Mowbray, is for the chop, it’s in his interests to distance himself in order to attempt to save his own skin.

I doubt very much he has the authority to hire and fire, but could make recommendations.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Wheelton Blue said:

We've only heard one side of this story.

For all we know - and I suspect this will possibly be the case - the club have said to Mowbray 'now is not the time, let's talk once the season ends'.

Mowbray is simply trying to engineer an opportunity for himself.

You only need to look at what happened to Appleton, Berg and Lambert to read between the lines.

Theyve stopped answering the phone again, they won’t sack him and never had any intention to sack him due to compensation package.

They're absolute scum and I don’t use that word lightly. 

Edited by Gav
  • Like 6

5 minutes ago, Gav said:

Another low under these bastards.

Ha ha, go on Gav. Reel 'em in.

Yes, they've treated him appallingly, not sacking him after a run of eleven points from fifteen games and allowing him to see out his contract in full.

Wonder if he's due a loyalty bonus for seeing out his contract?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Wheelton Blue said:

We've only heard one side of this story.

For all we know - and I suspect this will possibly be the case - the club have said to Mowbray 'now is not the time, let's talk once the season ends'.

Mowbray is simply trying to engineer an opportunity for himself.

Hopefully, he has now burnt his bridges, surely no way back now. Time to move on.

All the sympathy towards him in recognition of his tenure must be tempered by his inability to take us any further.

If we had not beaten PNE, it would be a different tale, one result should not gloss over the seasonal Mowbray Death Spiral.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Yes, they've treated him appallingly, not sacking him after a run of eleven points from fifteen games and allowing him to see out his contract in full.

More bullshit Rev….

You’ll be telling us he stands to benefit financially from the sale of the training ground next, which you made up…..

• Moderation Lead
4 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

In fairness, whilst anywhere else he would have been sacked and should have been sacked here, it’s pretty shit of the owners not to let him know what’s happening next season one way or another.

• Like 3

Just now, K-Hod said:

In fairness, whilst anywhere else he would have been sacked and should have been sacked here, it’s pretty shit of the owners not to let him know what’s happening next season one way or another.

Why? They'd get called up hill and down dale if they'd announced his departure at the end of the season and he then got us promoted in the meantime.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, K-Hod said:

In any walk of life is disgusting, how anyone can think this is good for the club needs to give the head a wobble.

Get rid of the manager by all means, but do it the right way……

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

He should have gone after last seasons disgraceful death spiral, he’s lucky our owners have kept faith with him as long as they have. 

He’s probably due a non promotion bonus(after he baffles us with his team and tactics for the first half at least on Saturday). 

As others have said, we don’t know both sides and it wouldn’t be unlike Mowbray to be using this to gain sympathy/excuses for failing to make the playoffs. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Gav said:

You only need to look at what happened to Appleton, Berg and Lambert to read between the lines.

Theyve stopped answering the phone again, they won’t sack him and never had any intention to sack him due to compensation package.

They're absolute scum and I don’t use that word lightly. 

I don't disagree with you mate re: Venky's.

It's not the correct way to operate to keep him hanging around. That's assuming that we take Mowbray's word and it is indeed what they're doing.

Their bigger mistake, though, is not potting him when they should have done on several occasions.

• Like 2

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

Why? They'd get called up hill and down dale if they'd announced his departure at the end of the season and he then got us promoted in the meantime.

I’d personally still replace him if we won promotion as it’s 100% guaranteed he’d be breaking more unwanted records whilst we get relegated. 

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, Gav said:

More bullshit Rev….

You’ll be telling us he stands to benefit financially from the sale of the training ground next, which you made up…..

Give over Gav, it's one thing coming on here to wind people up, it's another to repeatedly accuse me of  something I never said in the first place.

I said Mowbray,  as manager, was complicit in the scheme, it doesn't go ahead if he doesn't agree to it. 

You were dead against the proposed sale of the training ground anyway so you're being a complete hypocrite on that particular point.

• Like 2