BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

World Cup Play Offs

Will never support wales ever. After their antics at euro 2016. Also I don't like them in general.  Austria are a big nothing team.  Try all these fancy flicks but can't string two passes together.  Italy were overrated to begin with

Edited by roverandout

3 minutes ago, roverandout said:

Will never support wales ever. After their antics at euro 2016. Also I don't like them in general.  Austria are a big nothing team.  Try all these fancy flicks but can't string two passes together.  Italy were overrated to begin with

Cant say Italy are over rated surely?  They became European Champions less than a year ago

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Ossydave said:

Those 2 missed penalties by Jorginho ultimately cost Italy. We know all about the impact of missed penalties lately ourselves 😒

I wouldn't even be arsed about missing that joke of a world cup to be honest.

True. Total farce in blood money stadiums.  Just wait until FiFa completely fuck it up bu expanding it to what 64 teams or something?

9 hours ago, Ossydave said:

Those 2 missed penalties by Jorginho ultimately cost Italy. We know all about the impact of missed penalties lately ourselves 😒

I wouldn't even be arsed about missing that joke of a world cup to be honest.

I'm sure that Italians countrywide are saying that today..... 

A World Cup is a World Cup. Italy will now miss 2 in a row. England missed USA 1994 and it was miserable.

I favour a Wales v. Scotland shootout. Ukraine will get a lot of sympathy but I'd rather have another home nation qualify.

• Like 2

Just now, speeeeeeedie said:

A World Cup is a World Cup. Italy will now miss 2 in a row. England missed USA 1994 and it was miserable.

I favour a Wales v. Scotland shootout. Ukraine will get a lot of sympathy but I'd rather have another home nation qualify.

Maybe so but a world cup, for me, is a traditional summer event either down the pub with pals or followed by a barbecue. I personally can't get excited for this one at all. Maybe it's just me.

• Like 1

So frustrating that Italy denied England our first trophy in 55 years then barely 9 months later fail to qualify for the World Cup. 

England also failed to qualify for 2 World Cups in a row in 1974 and 1978 as well as 1994 so we know what it feels like

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, speeeeeeedie said:

I will never support Scotland or Wales.  The crap they give us. They can do one 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ossydave said:

Maybe so but a world cup, for me, is a traditional summer event either down the pub with pals or followed by a barbecue. I personally can't get excited for this one at all. Maybe it's just me.

I agree with you on that point. Games over here usually end by 5pm therefore I am losing out on a lot of lovely summer afternoon drinking. 

It will be odd watching it in November/December but I'll still be ready for it. 

If the USA qualify, which I hope they do (they drew 0-0 at the Azteca last night; should have won too) it adds to the atmosphere of it all. It will be interesting to see how it stacks up against the NFL.

2 hours ago, roverandout said:

I will never support Scotland or Wales.  The crap they give us. They can do one 

I don't support them either, but I'd rather a home nation make it than not.

• Backroom
20 hours ago, roverandout said:

Will never support wales ever. After their antics at euro 2016. 

Guessing you mean them celebrating watching us on the TV.

Pissed me off at the time, but i got over it fairly quick.

Was probably the pinnacle of a generation for their supporters. Can't really blame them for lapping it up.

The times they've lorded it over us have been few and far between. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Silas said:

Guessing you mean them celebrating watching us on the TV.

Pissed me off at the time, but i got over it fairly quick.

Was probably the pinnacle of a generation for their supporters. Can't really blame them for lapping it up.

The times they've lorded it over us have been few and far between. 

Weirdly half their squad was English probably supported England in previous tournaments 

1 hour ago, speeeeeeedie said:

I agree with you on that point. Games over here usually end by 5pm therefore I am losing out on a lot of lovely summer afternoon drinking. 

It will be odd watching it in November/December but I'll still be ready for it. 

If the USA qualify, which I hope they do (they drew 0-0 at the Azteca last night; should have won too) it adds to the atmosphere of it all. It will be interesting to see how it stacks up against the NFL.

I don't support them either, but I'd rather a home nation make it than not.

Just for the comical aspect 

I watched Senegal v Egypt. The number of lasers being directed at the Egyptians throughout the match was unreal and it must have affected the penalty shootout. I 

Also from the end of extra time and until the shootout began the flood lights went into strobe mode. Most odd. As soon as the strobing stopped on came the lasers again, Hundreds of them, it all looked orchestrated.

After that I watched quite a bit of Algeria v Cameroon. The ending was fantastic but the better team lost.

It was time better spent than watching England reserves in a training session.

Edited by AllRoverAsia

Not sure if it involved a play off or normal qualifiers but I see that Canada booked their place for the World Cup for the first time since 1986, I think. Our academy alumnus, Junior Hoilett, bagged a goal in the decisive win over Jamaica. I'm glad to see him get there, if he stays fit, despite leaving us on a free he was developed by our academy and is an exciting player.

Edited by riverholmes
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, riverholmes said:

Not sure if it involved a play off or normal qualifiers but I see that Canada booked their place for the World Cup for the first time since 1986, I think. Our academy alumni, Junior Hoilett, bagged a goal in the decisive win over Jamaica. I'm glad to see him get there, if he stays fit, despite leaving us on a free he was developed by our academy and is an exciting player.

Was Jason Leutwiler in the squad?