BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Which utterly brilliant manager will we be delighted to welcome next?

36 minutes ago, Danny O.Brien said:

I mean as in every loan player bar Kasey palmer came in and did well here. The problem being none stay beyond the initial loan. The few freebies and cheap signings he got. Ie pickering and dack have been value for money. Kaminski again absolute class. There are examples where they haven't done as well but on the whole I'd say they did/have. Whether that's down to mowbray or his staff I wouldn't know.

Pickering has been really disappointing. I was expecting a good player with Mowbray spending £650,000 plus add ons for him, then letting Crewe keep him for half a season.

• Like 1

I can’t see Ainsworth or Warne wanting to work under a DoF at Rovers. I’m under the impression they both control most football related matters at their clubs. Why would they want to come to Rovers and lose all control?

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Exiled_Rover said:

What's amazed me is how under-wraps the club have kept this.

We're all literally fumbling in the dark for any names. 

This is the one thing that's keeping me going, the possibility that no-one has much of a clue what's going on and that the names still under consideration are actually quality candidates who haven't really rated much of a mention yet.

Step down Dyche, Bilic Jokanovic or Santo.

(Then I fell out of bed and bumped my head).

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, BRFC_Polky said:

I can’t see Ainsworth or Warne wanting to work under a DoF at Rovers. I’m under the impression they both control most football related matters at their clubs. Why would they want to come to Rovers and lose all control?

Why would a DoF worth his salt come either when he’d also have no control?

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

This is the one thing that's keeping me going, the possibility that no-one has much of a clue what's going on and that the names still under consideration are actually quality candidates who haven't really rated much of a mention yet.

Step down Dyche, Bilic Jokanovic or Santo.

(Then I fell out of bed and bumped my head).

Yes Bilić and Santo

No Dyche and Jokanovic

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Why would a DoF worth his salt come either when he’d also have no control?

We already have a de facto DoF in Pasha who everything has to be run by and by the sound of things is the only person with anything near autonomy to make decisions.

The whole sorry saga is a mess and sadly will never improve whilst that lot are here in my view.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:
18 minutes ago, Tricky said:

No Dyche and Jokanovic

Blimey. Tough crowd.

i think if we can get the level of Dyche, we could get better elsewhere and not as 'negative' and as for Jokeanovic, just look at his track record...

3 hours ago, Devon Rover said:

This is all getting more and more depressing by the day. Sounds like the shortlist has been whittled down through the clever tactical approach of waiting for other teams to recruit them. Last one standing after six weeks gets the gig. If you can get a phone call reference from an actual manager then you've perhaps got some meaningless credit in the bank. Its almost like the whole process/club is being run by a bunch of total incompetents, or something.

We interviewed Farke, Carvalhal and Beale but they went elsewhere. 

2 hours ago, Gav said:

Call me old fashioned but this bloody DOF is juts another level of bureaucracy for me, why do we need a director of football? All our efforts should be targeted at getting a manager, not another level between him and the owners.

Madness, waste of time. 

Most football club now have a Sporting Director/Head Coach structure. Its worked at clubs like Brentford and Norwich for 2 examples. 

A sporting director can deal with transfers, contracts, bring in recruitment staff, improving and growing our scouting knowledge, etc. Leaving the head coach to focus on training, tactics, etc. 

11 minutes ago, Tricky said:

and as for Jokeanovic, just look at his track record...

Promotions at Watford (Fifteen wins out of 20) and Fulham?

Didn't work at at Sheffield United but relatively few managers go through their career without some sort of blip on the way.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Promotions at Watford (Fifteen wins out of 20) and Fulham?

Didn't work at at Sheffield United but relatively few managers go through their career without some sort of blip on the way.

Ok, i'll let him in to my shortlist of 3 based on that, but that's it!

17 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

We interviewed Farke, Carvalhal and Beale but they went elsewhere. 

Whilst my comment was obviously tongue-in-cheek, I would genuinely maintain that one can interview someone and demonstrate the desire/ambition of making them an offer that they will want to accept; or interview them and convey a lack of sufficient ambition/realism/control/investment/board-level acumen, to the extent that that candidate/s will inevitably end up somewhere else - and always would have done. Based only on a fan's observations over the last decade, I suspect our selection panel have become rather adept at the latter.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I know you're trying to be clever, but please tell me you're not comparing Tony Parkes with Lowe and Benson.

Shame on you.

Also Dalglish bought in Harford as his assistant who'd already experienced success as a manager at the top level in his own right and Hughes brought his own trusted team as well Bown and Eddie whose surname I can't spell.

I don’t know anything about how Lowe and Benson are perceived in the industry, as I suspect no one else on here does either. And does it really matter who the cones and bibs man is? It’s already been made clear a new guy can bring in his own number 2 so I just don’t get the BRFCS groupthink that it’s somehow unheard of for a new manager to inherit some lesser staff. About five managers inherited Ferguson at Everton, but apparently he’s rubbish.

7 minutes ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

I don’t know anything about how Lowe and Benson are perceived in the industry, as I suspect no one else on here does either. And does it really matter who the cones and bibs man is? It’s already been made clear a new guy can bring in his own number 2 so I just don’t get the BRFCS groupthink that it’s somehow unheard of for a new manager to inherit some lesser staff. About five managers inherited Ferguson at Everton, but apparently he’s rubbish.

Has it specifically been made clear a new man can bring in his own number two? Hadn't heard that, apologies if so.

Also what have you seen from either our dynamic play over the last four seasons or from our warm up routines to suggest that Lowe and Benson are the best we can do?

Rovers have kept of who these 3 candidates are who will be second interview this week. What we do know is 2 things from what has been reported by 3 different journalists is Rovers want Championship experience and are currently out of work currently. 

So here are a few knows who fit this profile are Phillip Cocu, Jonathon Woodgate, Xisco Munoz, Thomas Christiansen, Sabri Lamouchi, Gary Monk, Simon Grayson, Mark Warburton and Slaviša Jokanović

• Like 1

1 hour ago, goozburger said:

As fans we think "Who'd want to work for these nutters?", but if your salary is going to be doubled or even tripled, I don't think you'd put practical problems at the top of your list. Money is king.

Yes - for someone like Ainsworth that he will get paid more is a huge advantage for us. But for our first choice managers they can get similar money elsewhere. So the nutters thing will be  / has been decisive.

4 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

What a depressing list of no marks. Would genuinely prefer Mowbray over most.

At this point Mark Warburton and Slaviša Jokanović look like decent appointments.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Has it specifically been made clear a new man can bring in his own number two? Hadn't heard that, apologies if so.

Also what have you seen from either our dynamic play over the last four seasons or from our warm up routines to suggest that Lowe and Benson are the best we can do?

No one at the club under these owners is the best we can do. And the next manager won’t be either.

On our list of problems, I’d argue that the bibs and cones man and the goalkeeping coach (who our goalkeeper likes) aren’t even in the top 20.

• Like 1