BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Which utterly brilliant manager will we be delighted to welcome next?

2 minutes ago, Tom said:

Sharpe says the name being doing the round for a few days, begs the question, why not report on it then?

Because he doesn’t have a clue. When does the LT ever give us exclusives anymore? They just regurgitate information that’s already out there. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

Few people have pulled their face at the style of play adopted by Warne and Ainsworth, Deila favours a more attacking approach.

I'd prefer Knutsen 😏

Knutsen would be out of our reach. Has made a big name for himself in Europe after Bodo/Glimts success in Europe Conference League. Would be primed for a bigger job than mid-table Championship. Also signed a new contract this year and would be hard to price away especially in the middle of the Norwegian season with Champions League qualifications coming up in August for him.

9 minutes ago, rover23 said:

All the more reason to get a manager in who knows the league and English football. 

By that logic we should stay away from Ainsworth and Warne who has proved unsuccesful in this league. There is a massive gap from League One and their direct football didn't work in the Championship.  Of course they had the odds against them with small resources, but Luton and Coventry has proved it's possible adapt.

Looking at Brentford and most of the successful clubs, they don't limit themselves to knowledge of English football. They get the best they can from the wide pool that is world of football. 

1 hour ago, Boroblue said:

Is that back of the blackburn end hard birdy

Ask the Millwall lads what happened outside the Darwen End one night match!!!

• Like 1

Would imagine Sharpe’s taken his info from this fella with decent Norwegian football links. Translation below too:

Ronny Deila has also been interviewed for the vacant job at Blackburn, Nettavisen is informed. He is also one of the candidates at the Championship club. Deila is open to leaving NYCFC and MLS, to take over a club in Europe.

I find the hammering of the local journos pathetic. Everyone is frustrated with Rovers but aiming abuse at the journos really is low. It is absolutely not the job of the local journalist to hold people at a football club to account. Hold them to account yourself.

• Like 8

30 minutes ago, briansol said:

Knutsen would be out of our reach. Has made a big name for himself in Europe after Bodo/Glimts success in Europe Conference League. Would be primed for a bigger job than mid-table Championship. Also signed a new contract this year and would be hard to price away especially in the middle of the Norwegian season with Champions League qualifications coming up in August for him.

I know, that's why I stuck the 😏 on the end

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Tugay Et Labore said:

I find the hammering of the local journos pathetic. Everyone is frustrated with Rovers but aiming abuse at the journos really is low. It is absolutely not the job of the local journalist to hold people at a football club to account. Hold them to account yourself.

whats the point of journalism then,it absolutely is his job to find out whats going on and pose the question "what the hell is actually going on"

• Like 8

I’d be personally encouraged by Deila, which makes me think it’s not a goer. No basis in fact, just a coping mechanism.

He’s won the top league in each country he’s managed in and they’re not exactly backwaters, much as we like to sniff at foreign leagues. I don’t think we can realistically look down our noses at someone who’s done that at three different clubs, in three different countries. That’s adaptability and a winning mentality, which should be very high up on a list of desired attributes for a manager.

I think he’ll need half a season to get up to speed, half a season to blood youth (assuming no budget and some more players out of the door) and then you’d judge him on playoffs or otherwise in season two.

My two pennies, anyway.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Yes, yes it is.

Journalists are not cheerleaders or mouthpieces. Instead, our job is to hold people of power to account. Politicians, organisations, companies’.

Jennifer Williams, FT (formerly Manchester Evening News).

Well done Matty - 300 pages and counting.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, simongarnerisgod said:

whats the point of journalism then,it absolutely is his job to find out whats going on and pose the question "what the hell is actually going on"

Of course asking the question is his job. Clearly it's been posed but there has been no response. Still, it's not his job to hold them to account. Nobody seems to know what the hell is going on, even the most well-connected of journalists. However, it's the local journalist who takes the abuse on here and on Twitter. It really needs to stop.

Just now, Tugay Et Labore said:

Of course asking the question is his job. Clearly it's been posed but there has been no response. Still, it's not his job to hold them to account. Nobody seems to know what the hell is going on, even the most well-connected of journalists. However, it's the local journalist who takes the abuse on here and on Twitter. It really needs to stop.

sorry,don`t mean to offend,sure he`s a decent human being,just not a very good journalist