BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Which utterly brilliant manager will we be delighted to welcome next?

14 minutes ago, goozburger said:

I've seen the LT state the terms "pre-season testing" and "pre-season training", which I believe are both to be next week. Does anybody actually know the dates of both?

Imagine the motivation levels of players if we're going straight into training on Monday with no Head Coach. If we appoint a Head Coach before the training starts, then fair enough, but for us to have nobody in situ from the start is ridiculous. We cannot blame time for this one.

A normal club would look to hold the process and those responsible to account, but the owners are probably partially to blame as much as those at Ewood for the utter slowness, so no heads will roll would be my guess.

Our owners might be wadded, but they are absolutely incompetent at running this football club twelve years on. Depressing and demoralising.

Fixed that for you goozburger!

Seriously though, incompetent at running a football club is one thing, at the end of the day there isn't any shame in that if it's not something you have been brought up with it.

What these lads are is much worse, they are utterly incompetent in all aspects it seems.

You would think that they might have some business acumen but that seems to be foreign to them aswell. If they are spurging 20m a year to keep the club ticking over, any competent business man would be looking for constant feedback on that 20m. Where is it going, why is the club in this constant hole etc. If he wasn't capable of looking into or fix the problem he would employ someone who knows what they are doing. But nope evidently happy to keep the head in the sand, ignore it and just sign off the usual checks.

That for me is the most infuriatingly insane thing in all this, if they took the club at all seriously and gave it the attention it deserved we could easily be back in the big time. They would then be reaping the financial rewards as well as the cred that goes with owning a solid Premiership team! It would be win win for everyone

• Like 1

They seem to have trawled around everywhere else wasting peoples time not being serious about anyone.

Now the C list present Scandanvian options who are likely to accept less wages and have less expectations than most of the others.

Especially the ones out of work or maybe not tied in with big compen packages.

'The flex'

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, andyroversmad said:

The barrel is truly being scraped the amount of people on here wanting Rooney. The blokes a complete dickhead wouldn't want him anywhere near the club. 

If he does get the job he had better work hard at it

Edited by pomster

19 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Yes but what picture does it paint about those supposed to be running the club ?  Lackadaisical isn’t it. You’ll get some saying “ Well, balls to it, if they aren’t bothered why should I be ? “

on the funny side, they will be used to it, but the 'balls to it' is an unrealistic assumption tbf, all we do is guess given our own experiences in our respective jobs, i think the players (and other teams have shown under 'ownership issues or incompetence') are professional enough to get on with things despite whats happening upstairs or behind the scenes, its out of their control anyway.

37 minutes ago, goozburger said:

I've seen the LT state the terms "pre-season testing" and "pre-season training", which I believe are both to be next week. Does anybody actually know the dates of both?

Rich Sharpe and Elliott Jackson have both said testing on 13th June. 20th June for training  

One of the constraining factors in our hunt for a manager is seemingly an insistence that our other coaching staff (Lowe  Benson and Johnson) are retained.  This means it's either penny pinching in the extreme (as their contracts don't expire on 30 June 2022 and we won't pay them off) or possibly one or more of the three "have something on the club'.

All this begs another question, and  IMO, underlines the incompetence of our Executive Management, just why on earth should any of those three be on anything other than a 12 month contract?  If they weren't happy with that, I'd have pointed them in the direction of the door and I would have been staggered if they had walked through!

As I have said many times before, IMO, Ewood and Brockhall are nous free zones.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, RoverKyle said:

According to Transfermarkt, it's 4231.

He needs to have a good look at the staff and weigh up what style suits our players abilities best rather than shoe horning them into a style he used at his last club etc. We had enough of that with Mowbray.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, unleaded said:

Rooney if they go local …..

JDT if they go abroad …..

either way they running out of options …

I don't doubt your info at all but how is it possible for the focus of their attentions to be changing on a daily basis ?

I know the whole process is taking a long time but the names in frame over the last week or so have been changing with the wind. It doesn't seem possible that a rigorous process is being followed if targets are identified, interviewed and dismissed ( or proven unattainable ) in such a short time span - especially if everything needs to go through Pune as we know it does.

And all the while, Ainsworth ( a reasonably popular choice amongst the fans ?)  is available, willing and able but Venky's don't like him!

I am convinced they are waiting for Mowbray's contract to expire before making an appointment. 

2 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

He needs to have a good look at the staff and weigh up what style suits our players abilities best rather than shoe horning them into a style he used at his last club etc. We had enough of that with Mowbray.

Agreed. Just answering the question. I recall watching Malmo play a couple of times when he was there and they played with that formation. Like you say, any sensible manager will weigh up the resources they have before deciding on formations, tactics, team needs, etc. 

19 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Really don’t know what to make of JDT. Kind of exciting, kind of very random. 

Sharpe’s now covering it, so must be a luke warm one at least.

Yeah, no idea what to expect from him if he's going to be the man in the hot seat. 

Exciting from the point of view that it's an unknown, he had success at Malmo but I don't really have much of a clue of how much of a success that actually is? (See Delia winning x2 leagues with Celtic (with no Rangers))

A risk but they all are and all we can do is back him until he gives us any reason not.

26 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Does anyone know what Jon Dahl Tomasson's prefer formation and style is? 

After glancing over a few stats...

His Malmo team seemed to find the net a lot, scoring more than any other team in the league whilst also conceding one of the lowest amounts - 2 goals for every 1 conceded roughly. Have also seen that they averaged just under 60% possession over 2 seasons in which they won the league both times.

Suggests a decent attacking style to me - dominating possession, effective in the final 3rd and not conceding too many.

That's in the Swedish league mind, not quite as competitive as the Championship - but if he was to implement a style like the above with us, it could work wonders.

All guess-work based off stats really, if anyone has actually watched Malmo they may be able to back or disprove this.

----

Another note - they also seem to have slumped quite a bit since he left.

Edited by TheRevAshton
  • Like 2

22 hours ago, Mercer said:

Sounds to me like you are trying to defend the loss of Lenihan on behalf of the club by distorting facts.

The jumping is crazy.

4 hours ago, unleaded said:

Rooney if they go local …..

JDT if they go abroad …..

either way they running out of options …

We’ll now be known as Wayne Rooney’s Blackburn Rovers 🙄

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TheRevAshton said:

After glancing over a few stats...

His Malmo team seemed to find the net a lot, scoring more than any other team in the league whilst also conceding one of the lowest amounts - 2 goals for every 1 conceded roughly. Have also seen that they averaged just under 60% possession over 2 seasons in which they won the league both times.

Suggests a decent attacking style to me - dominating possession, effective in the final 3rd and not conceding too many.

That's in the Swedish league mind, not quite as competitive as the Championship - but if he was to implement a style like the above with us, it could work wonders.

All guess-work based off stats really, if anyone has actually watched Malmo they may be able to back or disprove this.

From the very few times I watched them, they were dominant in possession and tried to get it out wide where they had lots of pace. Created lots of chances. 

Former Rover Marcus Antonsson was playing for them.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, goozburger said:

I'd be happy with JDT. He did well with Malmö to get them two titles in a row and have a decent run in the Champions League... He's probably the best we could hope for at this stage.

That's rubbish with all due respect.  Malmo always win that league, one man and his dog would get them the title.  Look back a bit and apart from getting the assistant managers job at Denmark due to his playing ability he only last 6 months and got relegated in his previous role...

Best we could hope for.....what a load of tripe 🙄

Edited by Sparks Rover

Well I wanted a gamble rather than a safe appointment - but one with some managerial experience (ie. not Ferguson). JDT certainly ticks those boxes. He comes across very well in interviews.

I'd rather JDT than Rooney all day long. 

We could be rolling the dice and getting a one - but equally we could be getting a six. Better than sticking with a 'three' every year.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, ItsRoverZ said:

Think JDT has accepted the rovers job from the whispers I'm hearing ..but won't be announced until Monday 

Where from? Seems premature to me, had lots of whispers and rumours but ultimately no sign of an apppontment. Even Deila was also reportedly interviewed and seems unlikely to join.

3 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Must be some league if he's in the best team

Probably shows that it's fairly comparable with L1. So on that basis - for comparative terms - you could say he's managed a leading L1 side (e.g. Rotherham, Wigan, Peterborough), with some Europa League sprinkled in.