BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Season tickets 2022/23

33 minutes ago, Tom said:

I never understood why they suddenly stopped doing free under 8 tickets in the family stand, they had been around as long as I could remember then suddenly £60

We could do buy one get one free and still have a third of a stadium to fill.

The free kids tickets should of stayed, its these we want to catch the bug

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Tom said:

For what it’s worth Burnley tweeted someone tonight to say they’ve sold 13,500 compared to 13,000 last season 

My stepfather is a Dingle fan, he actually gave up his season ticket a couple of years ago because according to him “the football was mind numbingly bad” he’s actually renewed for this season for the first time since then. 

Season Ticket Estimate

Latest: 7,511 (+84)

Previous Updates
Wednesday 22nd June: 7,427 (+2)
Tuesday 21st June: 7,425 (-1)
Monday 20th June: 7,426 (+221)
Sunday 19th June 2022: 7,205 (+15)
Saturday 18th June 2022: 7,190 (+108)

Friday 17th June 2022: 7,082 (+8)
Thursday 16th June 2022: 7,074 (+39)
Wednesday 15th June 2022: 7,035 (first count)

Notes & Disclaimers

• This is an estimate based on visibility of true seat availability in the ticketing seat map.
  • (+xx) represents the number of season tickets sold since the previous estimate (usually 24 hours).
  • 159 unavailable seats in W01 are not saleable and therefore excluded from the estimate.
  • A seat is marked as unavailable for up to 28 minutes when added to the basket. It is not possible to exclude these from the estimate.
  • ~2,256 unavailable seats are reserved for last season's non-renewers until 30th June. These are excluded from the estimate until visibility of true seat availability returns.
  • Like 4

18 minutes ago, goozburger said:

Season Ticket Estimate

Previous Updates

Notes & Disclaimers

• This is an estimate based on visibility of true seat availability in the ticketing seat map.
  • (+xx) represents the number of season tickets sold since the previous estimate (usually 24 hours).
  • 159 unavailable seats in W01 are not saleable and therefore excluded from the estimate.
  • A seat is marked as unavailable for up to 28 minutes when added to the basket. It is not possible to exclude these from the estimate.
  • ~2,256 unavailable seats are reserved for last season's non-renewers until 30th June. These are excluded from the estimate until visibility of true seat availability returns.

I'd say we could do with an exciting signing or two now to shift a few more.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, goozburger said:

Season Ticket Estimate

Previous Updates

Notes & Disclaimers

Top work again mate. Looking forward to seeing the figure after the deadline passes. Should be over 8k which, whilst nowhere near what it should be, is also better than it looked at one stage.

26 minutes ago, Mellor Rover said:

Top work again mate. Looking forward to seeing the figure after the deadline passes. Should be over 8k which, whilst nowhere near what it should be, is also better than it looked at one stage.

Not really, its as piss poor as its always looked.

It is quite literally half of what we used to get.

51 minutes ago, Mellor Rover said:

To be fair as 2.3k Season Ticket holders are yet to renew we should be looking for around 9k.

That would mean just 1.5k out of the 2.3k to commit. 

Add to this new ST buyers. 

Let's see

9 hours ago, Upside Down said:

Not really, its as piss poor as its always looked.

It is quite literally half of what we used to get.

But it's quite literally better than it looked 4 weeks ago.

I don't know what to make of the 2,000+ season ticket holders last year who haven't yet renewed. I'm one of them.

On the one hand I wonder if a lot of them are like me - people who will probably renew but have a habit of leaving these things until the 11th hour and will only be forced into it as the deadline approaches.

On the other hand we've already had two deadlines come and go with this botched sales process and these people haven't renewed in advance of either of those to secure their 'loyalty discount' so are they going to be bothered about doing so before the end of the month?

Bearing in mind that even with the 'surge' of half season ticket sales we were only at 8,000 or so to have over 25% of those still not renewed is concerning, because if these people are undecided or aren't renewing that is a big old percentage of an already small number.

I think the extra couple of thousand will probably renew like you say. The reality is that the season ticket base has been whittled down to the hard core supporters who would go no matter what. 

To me that's why the pricing is so disgraceful. They know that there will be the 7-8 thousand who will get a season ticket no matter what so they are just squeezing the most possible out of them. Its incredibly exploitative and down right disrespectful. The people in charge of this are either so incompetently brainless or they are complete scum.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Upside Down said:

I think the extra couple of thousand will probably renew like you say. The reality is that the season ticket base has been whittled down to the hard core supporters who would go no matter what. 

To me that's why the pricing is so disgraceful. They know that there will be the 7-8 thousand who will get a season ticket no matter what so they are just squeezing the most possible out of them. Its incredibly exploitative and down right disrespectful. The people in charge of this are either so incompetently brainless or they are complete scum.

They’re both. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, JHRover said:

I don't know what to make of the 2,000+ season ticket holders last year who haven't yet renewed. I'm one of them.

On the one hand I wonder if a lot of them are like me - people who will probably renew but have a habit of leaving these things until the 11th hour and will only be forced into it as the deadline approaches.

On the other hand we've already had two deadlines come and go with this botched sales process and these people haven't renewed in advance of either of those to secure their 'loyalty discount' so are they going to be bothered about doing so before the end of the month?

Bearing in mind that even with the 'surge' of half season ticket sales we were only at 8,000 or so to have over 25% of those still not renewed is concerning, because if these people are undecided or aren't renewing that is a big old percentage of an already small number.

You seem to be forgetting those 2.3k st holders didn't review on those first 2 deadlines due to the unknown circumstances of not appointing a manager. 

• Like 1

How do we know that? Some will have been holding off for that, certainly, many more will have all kinds of reasons for not doing so and wouldn’t be renewing whoever was appointed.

We’ll see if the third deadline has done the trick for getting a good number to renew this time next week.

I'll be one of those late renewers that you're talking about.  Sad fact is if sales match or are even slightly higher than the numbers last season, those upstairs will view it as a success.  Doubt there'll be any comparison of similar sized, local clubs or retrospective assessment of whether the process was in any way the best approach or whether it could be improved in the future.

We're more or less only seeing uptake from the die hards or the apathetic, habitual, begrudging renewers now.   I don't know a single person that is purchasing a ticket this season that didn't have one last - maybe I'm not speaking to enough people, but there's nothing enticing about the frankly insipid price framework and general marketing campaign around the new season.  Spoke to a Preston fan last weekend who'd renewed for 300-odd quid for his usual seats, taking advantage of the brilliant earlybird offer.  Sad to see they'd sold £11,500 by the time that offer ended on June 4th.   Granted they're a league below, but Bolton's early bird offer saw over 12,000 fans purchase with the highest season ticket costing £289. 

In my opinion our 'loyalty' offer was simply a begrudging acknowledgement of the fact that it's customary to 'show willing'.  A cursory, uninspiring, deflating, frankly insulting scheme that even if unsuccessful, would result in the loyal mob of 6,000 - 8,000 renewing regardless.  I mean, £30 - what the fuck is that for an earlybird offer really? It's nothing... in my opinion a complete unwillingness to show any creativity or desire to grow the fanbase whatsoever. It's a nonsense.   

The only thing to perk the fanbase (and therefore sales) up is the appointment of JDT and Broughton. I dread to think what sales would be like had we not been embarking on a supposed exciting new era for the club, and were simply continuing with an existing management team/structure. 

Edited by Jimmy612
  • Like 5

I absolutely dread to think what stupidity will reign when it comes to matchday prices.

One game at the beginning of last season was £25 where i sit the next was £32 if i remember correct.  A full 7 quid dearer for the same seat in the same league against bog standard Championship opposition.

The difference ?   Oh yes that was because WBA would bring 1500+ but Swansea wouldn't !

Alienating your own non season ticket fans is a great way to boost crowds obviously.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, tomphil said:

I absolutely dread to think what stupidity will reign when it comes to matchday prices.

One game at the beginning of last season was £25 where i sit the next was £32 if i remember correct.  A full 7 quid dearer for the same seat in the same league against bog standard Championship opposition.

The difference ?   Oh yes that was because WBA would bring 1500+ but Swansea wouldn't !

Alienating your own non season ticket fans is a great way to boost crowds obviously.

This is also my biggest fear, Swaggot has got to get the matchday prices right, absolutely no excuses after last season and this seasons ridiculous 'early bird' offers

Every Adult - BBE/RS/LJW 

Every game £25, mid-week £20

Edited by damo100
  • Like 2

38 minutes ago, damo100 said:

This is also my biggest fear, Swaggot has got to get the matchday prices right, absolutely no excuses after last season and this seasons ridiculous 'early bird' offers

Every Adult - BBE/RS/LJW 

Every game £25, mid-week £20

They like to confuse the prices for some reason i suppose someone is being paid a lot to sit there and think of these brain dead strategies. At points last season it was like every game is a different price it's bonkers they are all the same level opposition in the same league. 

To be fair though most of the night games were at the lowest price point i think, the rest of it was plain daft.

27 minutes ago, Upside Down said:

Just to reiterate for those that for some reason defend the prices on the grounds of financial necessity. 

12000 x 250 = 3000000

7000 x 400 = 2800000

Total Failure. 

Pretty sure that relatively small shortfall is made up in other ways as well around the ground.

Also the more you have attending league games the better the chance of drawing a few more of those back for cup games.  Therefore taking a bit more money in those all paying for one match type games.

Season Ticket Estimate

Latest: 7,548 (+37)

Previous Updates
Thursday 23rd June 2022: 7,511 (+84)

Notes & Disclaimers